Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 12:22 PM   #1441
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Why do I have a sense of foreshadowing about the whole no scooter scenario? I know reading that did give me some for our trip next year. It is so hard to see our parents have to slow down, isn't it?
No, nothing major, like somebody in traction or anything. We were just at a slower pace for the week. Okay, a much slower pace for the week.

Quote:
What a fun first night tradition and how perfect for your folks anniversary.
It was a really good choice for them....they like music (big bands) and comedy, and it was sit-down -- that's a major plus!

Quote:
I felt like we waited forever for our food at Cookes as well, but the end result did seem to make the gang happy so that's good. Pretty funny about getting legos at WOD though.
It is some tasty fare. Well of course it is, it's fried!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I am struggling to see your pictures here in my little "restricted" part of the world, but with my new computer I can actually see a few.
I'm wondering why it's some and not all? I'd think it was an all-or-none thing.

Quote:
If I'm not mistaken, Nick had on that same hat that James i wearing.
Yep, I believe so.

Quote:
I love Bob and someday I am going to get there before the show starts just so I can meet him. It's such a fun show! I might just have to put a return visit into June's schedule.
He's so personable as he makes the rounds. And if you do that, he'll be calling your name all night. Wait, that didn't come out right. I mean during the show. Maybe I should just move on to the next comment.

Quote:
That picture of your parents in the bride and groom ears is absolutely precious. What a keeper.

Quote:
What a great way to spend your evening!
It was a fun night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update, Glen. I'm actually thinking of POR-Riverside for one of our trips next year so enjoyed the photos.
We love that resort. I forget, have you stayed there before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
You can tell your folks are enjoying the show. And to James on the stupid hat trying on.
I was hoping you'd approve. He went beyond trying it on, he bought it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
It looks like a nice little excursion to DTD. I'm glad James left at least 1 or 2 things on the shelf for everyone else to buy.
Yeah, it turns out that they had more merchandise in the back.

Quote:
I've never been a huge fan of spending time at DTD, and we didn't even go there at all last year. We had a nice morning there this trip though and I considered Cookes for lunch.
I need to find a better time, when it's not so crowded. I think it can be worse than the parks.

Quote:
I love the first night tradition of seeing Yeehaw Bob. I've still never managed to see him, but it is on the Disney Bucket list.
It's good to have a list, there're so many things to try. I hope you get to see him someday.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #1442
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Young man, I was once in your shoes.
I said I was, down and out with the blues
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2012, 06:38 PM   #1443
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Too bad Cooks (or, Cookies, as DF likes to call it) was annoyingly slow that night!! Your food does look good though!

Someday, someday, someday, we will go see YeeHaw Bob. His set looks hilarious!!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #1444
JanaJohn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
That would be the Rules Committee. It's a group made up of myself, along with rotating secret membership (with overlapping terms) of representatives from organizations such as Skull and Bones, the Illuminati, the Mickey Mouse Club (1950's cast), and Jeopardy! Ultimate Tournament of Champions. We've met and determined not to allow pre-guessing since some participants could claim (although we're sure no one would ) that a chapter was written to include the right number of Judy's to favor certain game participants.
I am very impressed in your ability to assemble such a fine group to be members of your Rules Committee. Most folks would just make decisions like this all by themselves. But you've gone out of your way to bring together this wonderful group to assist you in making the major decisions regarding your TR.

I'm really hoping to see Yehaa Bob next April. Each time I've read reports about his show everyone has loved it!

4/15 POFQ
4/13 POFQ
10/11 BLT
7/07 POFQ
8/85 Golf Resort
JanaJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:01 PM   #1445
PrincePluto
Disneyholic

Glenn, I have to say, you have the youngest-looking "octegenarian" parents I've seen. Oh well, they say age is just a number, anyway.

From Freezing to Sweating on a Daily Basis - A December 2013 Trip Report (Finished)

A 2010 Semi-Solo Trip Report (Retrospective) **IN PROGRESS**

February 1978 (Fort Wilderness), June 1992 (Off-Site), May 1997 (Off-Site), May 1999 (Off-Site), October 2008 (Off-Site timeshare), November 2009 (Off-Site timeshare), October 2010 (Off-Site timeshare (same one as 2008)), July 2013 (Off-Site timeshare (same one as 2008 and 2010)), December 2013 (Same timeshare as July 2013)
PrincePluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:53 PM   #1446
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Glenn My Mother's nickname was Pyschic Clara and I have inherited her "gift" that was not pure guess work it was a vision I had , I was a little mystified by the doublevision of the vision , but now I understand it was 2 seperate posts and they blurred into onebut mainly

Do I hear "It's getting Deep around here !!!"
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:30 AM   #1447
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Oh. it's. going. to. be. a looooong. week.. Or, you can just see it as a time to have a very stop and smell the popcorn kind of week.

Mmm, the fish and chips looks really good. Yee-Haw Bob looks like so much fun - I hope we can get over there with the kids one evening this Summer.
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:42 AM   #1448
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Judy took a fantastic welcome sign picture! Always a tricky feat.

Awhhh your parents in the bride and groom ears is so adorable!!

Sounds like such an awesome night of dancing and hilarities with Bob!
Aussiesalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:40 AM   #1449
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:

So cute. That would have been fun if they wore them all week!

Love your first day - a perfect beginning, especially after an exhausting travel day.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:37 AM   #1450
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

Hello! Well, I figured I should finally dig into your sandy trip report...I know I left off somewhere right after the city part...but with your handy chapter links, catching up on ninety seven pages should be easy-peasy! Ok, so I'm not quite done with the Vero section yet, but here are my thoughts thus far:

I love that you took Marlene to see the Boss! I went to a number of concerts with my dad when I was in highschool and we always had a blast!

Good info on the drive down. I wouldn't mind driving at some point, especially for a summer trip, and with plane fare being what it is these days, it might even make financial sense. Who knows? Good to hear that its doable, though. I know I'm in CT, which is a bit futher north than you, but not too far.

Nice Mid-Atlantic Dismeet! Personally, I'm a huge fan of the Red Velvet Cheesecake at the CF. Its one of the greatest desserts I've ever had. I swear.

Well, I'd say your view in Vero was pretty sweet. Or suite. Whatever. Like the decor, seems very similar to Old Key West. And those cottages look pretty amazing, too. I will say that I don't think anyone designs a bathroom quite like Disney does.

Ok...I want to go to the beach. In Florida. Right now. Probably not happening. Oh well.

And, ah...yes...Glennbo pictures. Amazing.

Am I the only one who's a bit shocked that Disney chargers for beach chairs at Vero???

I'm really liking the resort though. Kind of a nice mix of OKW and the Beach Club, two of my favorites.
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

tinacaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:22 PM   #1451
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
1st post 4- #1,#3,#5,#6 missed #4
2nd post 4- #6,#7,#8, #20

AND
Video 3- 2 pans past judy
Video 4 - 2 pans past Judy
Video 5 - 2 pans past Judy.
No I did not count frames .... I thought that might be over board
glenn i do agree with you, pat did some good work, but she forgot one clearly missed judy...ill point it out for you now. read below.

Quote:
James soon found a Perry the Platypus hat.

Lets remember the sleeves on james shirt for amoment shall we.

We saw some bride and groom hats for the anniversary-couple, but we just looked, no purchase.

can see marlenes shirt in the background, which comes in later in pictures...and james neck and shoulder behind judy. and judy of course, but look at judys hair here.

the missing judy one that no one got...everyone shifted over slightly to the left for the picture but did not gte out of the picture fully including the shirt and arm of marlene, the arm of james, and whats that right in the middle of the picture but none other than the wavy curly hair of the lovely judy....so looks like there indeed 5 judys in this update...
i will now await your correction of the correct tally and my points.
ill take the round as well as an eagle eye point please.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:25 PM   #1452
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

ohhh yeah forgot about the update...there was some good stuff in there, thanks for the pics of the bob show, really enjoyed it, did you get a bud light lime?

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #1453
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
glenn i do agree with you, pat did some good work, but she forgot one clearly missed judy...ill point it out for you now. read below.

i will now await your correction of the correct tally and my points.
ill take the round as well as an eagle eye point please.
Glen he is right !!At least he gets an Eagle eye point and I get a Psychic eye point !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:26 PM   #1454
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Yeah we are at WDW. The balcony is wonderful.

Did you see a lot of animals there?

Too bad they were so delayed.

Nice way to start the trip at DTD then Bob. He does put on a good show.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #1455
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I said I was, down and out with the blues
I'm happy to say that I don't know the next line, and I don't intend to look it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Too bad Cooks (or, Cookies, as DF likes to call it) was annoyingly slow that night!! Your food does look good though!
We always seem to get a weird situation/delay like that about once per trip. I think it's just us though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Someday, someday, someday, we will go see YeeHaw Bob. His set looks hilarious!!
You need to go. No excuses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanaJohn View Post
I am very impressed in your ability to assemble such a fine group to be members of your Rules Committee. Most folks would just make decisions like this all by themselves. But you've gone out of your way to bring together this wonderful group to assist you in making the major decisions regarding your TR.
Oh no, can you imagine the flak I'd take if I made these decisions all alone?!

I've got top men working on it I tell you. Top men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanaJohn View Post
I'm really hoping to see Yehaa Bob next April. Each time I've read reports about his show everyone has loved it!
It's a great, relatively inexpensive night of entertainment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincePluto View Post
Glenn, I have to say, you have the youngest-looking "octegenarian" parents I've seen. Oh well, they say age is just a number, anyway.
Thanks, they'll be flattered to hear that. 80 is the new 70, I hear.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: