Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 09:59 PM   #1591
mbrou24
Theme Park Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch

No they dont, they have av hook ups where if you brought a portable one or a laptop you could plug into the tv.

They have in order left to right; HDMI in, VGA PC input, red/white/yellow RCA input, I believe s-video also.

*Bring your own cables also!
Thank you
Old 12-11-2012, 10:01 PM   #1592
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrou24 View Post
Thank you
Yeah no problem. I alway take my macbook and just hook it up for the little one through the hdmi.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2012, 10:31 PM   #1593
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Here now (checked in yesterday) and love it so far! I have to admit, we've been spoiled by deluxes and renting DVC points at OKW, so I was a bit hesitant but I'm so glad we decided to stay here! Thanks to Venom, I was able to get my fax in last week and got EVERYTHING I asked for, 1st floor, building 16, corner room, and we paid for pool view. GREAT location, beautiful room. I was worried about storage space but we made it work just fine! Resort is beautiful, we havent gotten to explore a ton yet, but so far we just love it!

Only bus experience so far has been this morning going to MK, it was packed, and first bus was within about 10 minutes, and was obviously from POFQ as it was FULL, so very few people got on, to stand obviously. Another bus came within maybe 15-20 minutes, not too bad, but there were quite a few scooters and people were getting upset to wait for all of them to load, but it wasn't too bad! We'll see how Epcot/HS goes tomorrow! Oh this was at South Depot btw.

Biggest bummer so far has been the rain but we don't care, just keep going and deal with it!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:41 PM   #1594
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillary12.8.07 View Post
Here now (checked in yesterday) and love it so far! I have to admit, we've been spoiled by deluxes and renting DVC points at OKW, so I was a bit hesitant but I'm so glad we decided to stay here! Thanks to Venom, I was able to get my fax in last week and got EVERYTHING I asked for, 1st floor, building 16, corner room, and we paid for pool view. GREAT location, beautiful room. I was worried about storage space but we made it work just fine! Resort is beautiful, we havent gotten to explore a ton yet, but so far we just love it!

Only bus experience so far has been this morning going to MK, it was packed, and first bus was within about 10 minutes, and was obviously from POFQ as it was FULL, so very few people got on, to stand obviously. Another bus came within maybe 15-20 minutes, not too bad, but there were quite a few scooters and people were getting upset to wait for all of them to load, but it wasn't too bad! We'll see how Epcot/HS goes tomorrow! Oh this was at South Depot btw.

Biggest bummer so far has been the rain but we don't care, just keep going and deal with it!
Great to hear Hillary! Hope it clears up weather wise for you!
Old 12-12-2012, 06:07 AM   #1595
Pamwest
Earning My Ears

AB riverview room?

Hi from Australia

Planning my first ever trip to disneyworld for my husband and I in September 2013! It's taken forever but I think I have finally decided on a resort, well I haven't changed my mind in nearly a whole day anyway.... Just wondering how I can book an AB room with a riverview. Do I book the preference room and then request a riverview or the other way round? Thanks for your help
Old 12-12-2012, 06:18 AM   #1596
Melissabo
Mouseketeer

When people say that AB has a different feel than the mansions what do they mean? We were in the mansions but I'd like to try the AB too.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:24 AM   #1597
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamwest View Post
Just wondering how I can book an AB room with a riverview. Do I book the preference room and then request a riverview or the other way round? Thanks for your help
You can't book an Alligator Bayou room with a guaranteed River View. You can book river view - which could be in either section or the resort, but will be facing the river - or you could book Preferred Location, which would definitely be in Alligator Bayou but would not normally include any river view rooms (as they all fall into the River View option).

Your best option to try to get both would be to book River View, and request an Alligator Bayou room - and perhaps follow that request up with a fax directly to the resort a few days before you arrive (see http://www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissabo View Post
When people say that AB has a different feel than the mansions what do they mean? We were in the mansions but I'd like to try the AB too.
They mean just what they say, the room size/shape may be the same, but the building theming, landscaping and other details are very different, giving a different feel to the area (it's almost like being in a different resort to be honest).

See the FAQ in the first post, or here's a quick cut'n'paste from www.portorleans.org/faqs.php to save a bit of typing:

Quote:
Port Orleans Riverside is split into two distinct accommodation areas:
  • Alligator Bayou: Sixteen two-story lodges (64 rooms in each) sit in a lushly wooded area and are quite spread out, with secluded rooms that have a laid-back rustic theme (with wooden-hewn bedposts and period patterned fittings and carpeting, for example).
  • Magnolia Bend: Four much larger mansion buildings (256 rooms in each) are set in more formal ornamental gardens and feature fancier, more flowery room decor rather more akin to the French Quarter section. This is the only section of Riverside that features elevators, which are located in the central three-story section of each building.

Many people prefer the rather more secluded Alligator Bayou area, but there are also plenty who comment that the rustic theming feels somewhat basic and they prefer the comparative plushness of the Magnolia Bend rooms.

If you want to book one of the new themed Royal Guest Rooms, these are all located in the Magnolia Bend section of Port Orleans Riverside, and are a separate booking category (not just a request). Please see the Royal Guest Rooms page for more details.

The actual amenities included inside all of the guest rooms are pretty much the same in all of the sections by the way (see the Rooms page for full details) only the theming of the decor and the fittings changes. The only notable difference is that the Alligator Bayou section contains the only Moderate resort rooms on Disney property to officially sleep five people, as they feature an extra pull-down Murphy bed over the banquette bench seat.
Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 12-12-2012 at 06:36 AM.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:25 AM   #1598
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissabo View Post
It kinda feels like your down on the swamps of the bayou outside, and inside they have the washboard sink area package crate style fold out bed. The AB rooms also sleep 5 where mansions only do 4. If you go to: http://www.portorleans.org/alligator-bayou.php

This is Andre's Site and it has pictures of the AB rooms including a virtual 360 tour!
Old 12-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #1599
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Yes, even though they are shown as separated buildings, they are linked at the corners so you get get between them easily enough on either level.

Apart from the central section of each of the mansions (which is the only place where there are elevators) the rest of the wings/etc are only two stories anyway, and there are access stairwells all the way around.

Andre
Thanks, I think I finally can picture the layouts of those buildings now. Probably the only time we'd need to use the elevator would be when taking our luggage down to leave with bell services on our check out day. We like to do that ourselves since we'll be having them store it until late afternoon. For our arrival, ME will deliver the two heavier bags to us.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:41 PM   #1600
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Z View Post
Probably the only time we'd need to use the elevator would be when taking our luggage down to leave with bell services on our check out day. We like to do that ourselves since we'll be having them store it until late afternoon.
I usually just get Bell Services to collect our bags from the room and keep them until we're ready to depart. It works fine.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 12-12-2012, 08:01 PM   #1601
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
I usually just get Bell Services to collect our bags from the room and keep them until we're ready to depart. It works fine.

Andre
I agree call down and have them come get them and then check them with bell services until your ready.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:53 PM   #1602
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

We stayed their last night. We checked in around 7:30 as we were switching hotels and they had a room ready but second floor. I jumped on it because we needed to refrigerate food, but DH was not happy carrying our bags up the steps, especially when we were in a hurry. At least we were close to a bus stop!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - CR
Old 12-13-2012, 04:30 AM   #1603
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
floor. I jumped on it because we needed to refrigerate food, but DH was not happy carrying our bags up the steps, especially when we were in a hurry.
Bit late for you now, but both issues could have been solved by Bell Services - they have fridges in the luggage rooms to keep stored stuff cool, and they can also take your bags straight to your room anyway, there's no need for you to carry anything.

Andre

Old 12-13-2012, 11:20 AM   #1604
Patrickprincess
HAVE A MAGICAL DAY

Port orleans riverside

Quote:
Bit late for you now, but both issues could have been solved by Bell Services - they have fridges in the luggage rooms to keep stored stuff cool, and they can also take your bags straight to your room anyway, there's no need for you to carry anything.

Andre
I stayed here for the first time way back in 2002 and i loved it. also stayed here in 2004 french quater also loved it. This is my favorite resort because it has the feel of a dexlue. Got to stay here in september 2012 in the royal guest room and will get to stay here again in september 2013. The fridge worked great kept everything realy cold.
2012 WDW Riverside Port Orleans Riverside Royal Guest Room. Disney cruiseline The Fantasy. 2007 Disneyland @The Disneyland Hotel. 2006 Disneyland @ The Paradise pier hotel. 2004 WDW @ Port Orleans French quater. 2002 WDW@ Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Cruiseline The Wonder. 2000 Disneyland @The Disneyland Hotel. Disneyland 1999 1998,1996 2013 WDW Port Orleans Riverside Royal Guest
a proud stockholder and a mariner and seahawk fan for life
Old 12-13-2012, 02:05 PM   #1605
wdwmaw
planin' next trip

Smile

We arrive at POR in 7 days. Checked in online Monday, faxed our room request this morning and have already gotten an email from them stating we have been granted our request. How we wish we discovered POR 12 years ago, haven't stayed there before but we already LOVE it.

Thank you, Venomhatch, may some pixie dust come your way

Now, off to wait to check in for our flights
Why does time go so slow before your trip and so fast during

24 trips and plannin' the next 1
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: