Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 04:14 PM   #16
DopeyDame
DIS Veteran

If it can retain its shape out of a container, than it's AOK. So almost all snacks are just fine - gummies don't smoosh when taken out of the bag ;-) Just keep in mind that you have to carry whatever you bring, so don't go crazy over packing!

In my experience, TSA is really all-over-the-place as far as what they consider a baby for the liquid exemption. As others have said, if what you need is juice or milk, your best bet is to just buy it on the other side of security. I did bring several shelf-stable milk containers through without a problem when DS was about 14 months old, but I wouldn't count on it.

Most drug stores sell contact lens solution that is exactly 100 ml for travel - go buy one of those to make things easier. You could probably argue that contacts solution is a medical exemption, but that seems like more trouble than its worth.
DopeyDame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #17
pinktink83
DIS Veteran

I have been able to bring bottles, milk, juice, etc for a baby or toddler, as long as it was sealed. You can always play the "my baby needs it" card and I think they have to let it through. One TSA kept asking me "Does your baby NEED it?" and giving me the *hint, hint* look, lik, lady, seriously, just say YES and you can take it through! I finally realized what she was doing and said, "oh yes, he needs it!" and she let me through.

But others are right. It depends on the airport, and the TSA agent working that day. You just never know.

*Disneyland (CA) 5/06: 1st w/ kids! {Trip report} *SeaWorld 8/07: 1st w/ kids! {Trip report}
*Disneyland (CA) 10/08: 1st Halloween! *Daddy/Son Legoland 5/09
*Mommy/Daughter American Girl Place LA 1/11{Trip report}
*Disneyland (CA) 11/11: 1st Christmas! *Disneyland (CA) 1/13: Carsland!
pinktink83 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 09:27 AM   #18
mommycal
Mouseketeer

So how about stuff like Motrin, Advil for kids? Can it be liquid or should I bring chewables?
mommycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #19
ElenaRN
Mouseketeer

I have traveled from JFK to both MCO and LAX in the past few months.

Both times I brought juice boxes (4oz), baby food pouches and apple sauce with no problem.

They did not open any containers.

ETA: my DD will be 2 in Jan.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:50 AM   #20
MinnieLovesMickey
Peyton Manning's #1 Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommycal View Post
So how about stuff like Motrin, Advil for kids? Can it be liquid or should I bring chewables?
I've never had an issue bringing children's Tylenol through. Usually these are under the 3oz rule.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:32 PM   #21
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommycal View Post
Why not check the TSA website? The rules are pretty clear.

http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-informat...essary-liquids

http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-informat...er-using-3-1-1
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:12 AM   #22
pooh4evr
Mouseketeer
In STL we drink soda and eat barbecue, use realators, eat sherbert, and drive on rout farty far

We also had to pour out my DD's milk who was 2 at the time (from the sippy cup she was drinking from) so it does happen. Just buy it after you are through security.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:03 PM   #23
lorenni
DIS Veteran

I very recently flew with my 15 month old (he can walk but I wore him through security in a carrier) and had no trouble bringing through a shelf stable carton of almond milk (unopened on one leg and opened on the way back), a quart of home made applesauce and penicillin with an ice pack. They did not have to open the seal on anything to test and didn't even bat an eye at the half full sippy cup.

I have had similar experiences at the airports in Baltimore, Boston, Orlando, Wash DC and Omaha.

There is no limit on fluids for babies - if you get pushback politely ask to speak to a supervisor if its worth it to you to hold on to the goods rather than dump them.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: