DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 10:28 PM   #2401
kenics
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Hi! Me and DW have two contracts for SSR because we love it so much. We love the laid back atmosphere, being close to downtown disney, being able to park outside the room blocks...
We love SSR too for these same reasons. We own at BCV & SSR, but have only stayed at SSR, OKW (when we have lots of family together) and HHI. We always hit the Riverside food court at least once, since that is our favorite.
I don't consider myself a huge 'Disney' person, but yet we come here at least yearly and own annual passes. I think I most appreciate the consistency of service etc...
Old 11-28-2012, 11:59 PM   #2402
MickeyFanIncognito
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyFanIncognito
DD wants to go to Universal today...kicking myself that we didn't plan ahead and buy discounted tickets. Where does that park get off charging so much, don't they know they aren't Disney, not even close. Oh, perhaps that is a discussion for a different forum.
I got a bit off topic AND need to correct the above statement. Universal was fun! They seem to have made customer service a priority which, in the past had been a major detractor.

Still enjoying our SSR home stay. Sad that tomorrow is our last day.
POFQ - November 2008; Wonder - December 2008
AKL - November 2009
BWI - November 2010
WL - November 2011
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 05:02 PM   #2403
MagicRat
Mouseketeer

We have been owners of SSR for about 7 years now and love it but haven't been there in about 2 years (we ran out of points to borrow from future years and have been doing cruises instead for the last 2 years). We're going next week to stay there for the first time in 2 years. Just wanted to know if there's anything new I should be aware of (at SSR- not WDW in general- assuming there's not, but figured I'd ask).

Also, my least favorite part of vacations is going into a room and getting "the look" from my wife if there's anything wrong with it (worn carpets, etc). Are any of the buildings recently renovated? Thanks for any info.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:05 PM   #2404
smiller
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
We have been owners of SSR for about 7 years now and love it but haven't been there in about 2 years (we ran out of points to borrow from future years and have been doing cruises instead for the last 2 years). We're going next week to stay there for the first time in 2 years. Just wanted to know if there's anything new I should be aware of (at SSR- not WDW in general- assuming there's not, but figured I'd ask).

Also, my least favorite part of vacations is going into a room and getting "the look" from my wife if there's anything wrong with it (worn carpets, etc). Are any of the buildings recently renovated? Thanks for any info.
One change that comes to mind is that the Turf Club no longer serves lunch.

I would also imagine that some of the models at the DVC Preview Center have changed since your last visit. I'm always excited to see what they will have next!
Old 12-02-2012, 05:44 AM   #2405
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicRat

I believe rooms are currently being renovated although I don't know which have been completed presently. Perhaps someone else will know? So definitely look into that more.

There is also a new pool by the Paddocks area with a CS eatery.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

Old 12-02-2012, 09:09 AM   #2406
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicRat

There is now wifi in all the rooms which is pretty cool! And the Granstand pool serves softserve icecream yum. Also the room doors have RFID card entry which is great.
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 12-03-2012, 11:22 AM   #2407
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiller View Post
One change that comes to mind is that the Turf Club no longer serves lunch.
We stayed at OKW pre-Thanksgiving week but golfed from SSR and I was showing my friend around afterwards and we were going to stop by the Turf Club for lunch and it was closed. I hadn't heard that they were making the change, we were bummed but made the best of it by heading over to Bahama Breeze!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
Old 12-11-2012, 03:11 PM   #2408
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

I can't make up my mind on what to request -- SSR in 11 days! I can't decide between requesting Carousel (the only section we haven't stayed in yet) and one of the sections that's been refurbished (ooooooh, shiney).

Right now I'm leaning toward checking off all the blocks so I can say I've stayed in every section, but oooooooh, shiney!
Old 12-11-2012, 04:32 PM   #2409
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave View Post
I can't make up my mind on what to request -- SSR in 11 days! I can't decide between requesting Carousel (the only section we haven't stayed in yet) and one of the sections that's been refurbished (ooooooh, shiney).

Right now I'm leaning toward checking off all the blocks so I can say I've stayed in every section, but oooooooh, shiney!
I've complained a few times about the Carousel area, my stays were before the new Paddock pool, not that it would make that big of a difference even now! Hey we still had a great time, the villas were tip top and it was a fine vacation! There hasn't been a DVC resort built that I wouldn't be happy to get as long at it fit the dates I wanted!

You have a great attitude, good luck! (Hopefully you don't get road and parking lot view, kinda makes that balcony a moot point! )

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
Old 12-11-2012, 08:38 PM   #2410
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

New to SSR...

Well I've never stayed at SSR before. I booked a spur of the moment trip 2/21-2/24 for a Yankee/Braves Spring Training Game at Wide World of Sports and the only resort available was SSR... so I figured might as well give it a shot!! I've read this thread and think I want to request Congress Park?? Any advice for me?? It's a solo trip just me and my camera.. so I thought the pics at night would be cool if I get a Downtown Disney view! Any advice is appreciated!

~Nannette
Old 12-11-2012, 09:14 PM   #2411
Conan the Librarian
Been Visting the Mouse since 1972

First thing, get there early and ask for a lake or Downtown Disney View. Get as high up as you can. Our opinion is that it is the best place to be.

We have never stayed at any of the other buildings in SSR, so, we may be a little biased on this.

Enjoy the nice walk to DTD. Walk everywhere. It's not that big. Only time we ride the bus internal to the resort is if we are walking by the bus stop and there just happens to be a bus there.

Eat at the Turf Club. Great food and great view.

If you take a bus from a park, get off at the Grand Stand, walk over (if it is open) to the bar at the pool there and get a refill in your Mug. Then walk up to Artist Palate and get another refill before walking back to Congress Park. Much better than shuffling around on the bus.

Geek the Library! I Geek Astronomy!

s his

Before 2010 too many trips to count starting in 1972

2010 Feb (off site), May SSR, Oct HHI.
2011 May SSR, Oct HHI
2012 Feb (off site), May SSR
2013 Feb OKW, May SSR, Dec Ft. W
2014 Feb off site, May SSR, Dec SSR

2004 POR-Pop Century(May),POR (Oct), Ft Wilderness(Dec) 2005 HH(Jan), way off site(Feb), POR-Polynesian(May), Carribbean Beach(Oct), POP (Nov for Three Dog Night), Ft Wilderness (Dec)

2006 HHI (Jan) Daytrip (Feb), BCV (Apr/May) HHI (Nov) Ft Wilderness (Dec)2007 HHI (Jan) Daytrip (Feb), BCV (Apr/May) HHI (Nov) Ft Wilderness (Dec)

2008 HHI (Jan), Daytrip (Feb), SS (May), BV? (Oct)
2009 POP(Feb)WLV (Mar), SSR(May), SSR(Sept), FtW (Dec), HHI?(Dec)
Old 12-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #2412
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan the Librarian View Post
First thing, get there early and ask for a lake or Downtown Disney View. Get as high up as you can. Our opinion is that it is the best place to be.

We have never stayed at any of the other buildings in SSR, so, we may be a little biased on this.

Enjoy the nice walk to DTD. Walk everywhere. It's not that big. Only time we ride the bus internal to the resort is if we are walking by the bus stop and there just happens to be a bus there.

Eat at the Turf Club. Great food and great view.

If you take a bus from a park, get off at the Grand Stand, walk over (if it is open) to the bar at the pool there and get a refill in your Mug. Then walk up to Artist Palate and get another refill before walking back to Congress Park. Much better than shuffling around on the bus.
Great advice thank you!! Also I LOVE Savannah! I'm from Beaufort SC so not far.. I live in NYC now but lived my formative years in Beaufort! Again thank you for the advice!

~Nannette
Old 12-16-2012, 11:25 AM   #2413
Hannikins
Mouseketeer

I'm looking at which area in the resort to book and I think I've settled on Congress Park. I'm going to try and be specific and request block 2101 - 2436. From the maps it looks to be near the bus stop, easy walk to QS area and potentially a downtown disney view. I don't think there's a refill station nearby so I guess I'll have to walk elsewhere for that, does that sound right? I know this can only be a request but is being this specific a good or a bad thing?

Previous Trips: DLP 2006 (off site) WDW 2009 (POR & enclave suites) DLP 2010 (HNY) California 2011(off site) DLP 2012 (SL)
Old 12-17-2012, 09:46 AM   #2414
psutrain
Earning My Ears

I just had 8110 in the grandstand and it was a perfect location. First stop on the bus route, could walk to the main building and a short walk to the boat to downtown disney. Highly recommend
Old 12-17-2012, 09:52 AM   #2415
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by psutrain
I just had 8110 in the grandstand and it was a perfect location. First stop on the bus route, could walk to the main building and a short walk to the boat to downtown disney. Highly recommend
Hey! We were 8112 back in October! Totally agree it was the best location we have had so far. Ours was an accessible room so I loved the short distance to the bus stop plus the slope up to the AP is not as steep as from the Springs and other buildings that access from the pool side. Hope we get this location again!
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: