Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 05:03 PM   #1
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Future teacher, destined to touch young hearts and minds
Aced her PPSTs

Be our guest... Lunch or dinner?

If you had to choose between the 2, which would you choose and why?
Oct. '07 DD woke up Tinkerbelle
Oct. '07 Won Dream Fastpasses
Oct. '08 First Family at Epcot Character Meet and Greet
Oct. '08 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
Aug. '09 Magical Family ~ Opened Disneyland Park
PRINCESS VIJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Because the menus are completely different, and because there are 3 different dining rooms, I would probably do both. And that's the first time in over 35 years that I've recommended going twice in one trip to the same restaurant.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2012, 06:32 PM   #3
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRINCESS VIJA View Post
If you had to choose between the 2, which would you choose and why?
We are just back from WDW and ate lunch at BOG twice (the braised pork was *that* good) We cancelled our *hard won* LOL dinner ressies because we could see and do everything we wanted at lunch for less expense (also wasn't wired to a set time). We loved it and will dine there again (at lunch) for our next trip in April. It was wonderful
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:06 PM   #4
Herfnerd
DIS Veteran

We are doing lunch in January - because I've heard more favorable reviews for that meal.

That and we can't get ADR's, lol!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:20 PM   #5
jeanico2000
Mouseketeer

My adult DD and I just got home from our mother-daughter Disney trip, and we also had dinner and lunch at BoG. We enjoyed our dinner, make no mistake, but found lunch to be an even nicer experience, with the 3 dining areas open (the Rose Garden was not open for dinner when we went). Although the line to enter the restaurant was already long when we arrived just after 11AM, it moved rapidly. Ordering our meal on the video monitors was simple enough, and the food was really delicious (we split a steak sandwich and a lemon cupcake). There were lots of tables available in the lovely Rose Garden, where we decided to sit, as most of the lunch-goers seemed to prefer the ballroom (wich is gorgeous and huge!). The theming is stunning throughout, and the way the meals are delivered to the tables is so clever!

I will be sharing more about my trip when I find the time, but if you have any other questions, feel free to ask!
jeanico2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:26 PM   #6
raven69david
I am a Superuser. Got a problem with that?!

We ate there on Thursday and the two items we ordered were horrible; Turkey sandwich and carved steak sandwich. Everything else was nice, however the two food items we ordered totally sucked and truly ruined our first visit to BoG.

Here is a picture of snow outside of the main ballroom.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8478/8...38e391f0_m.jpg

Video
1997-2003: Off-site, 2004: DD born ; missed this year, 2005: SoG for MVMCP, 2006: AKLSV for Magical Beginnings, 2007: ASMo/AKLSV for MVMCP, 2008: CSR for Surprise Trip in August, 2008: AKLSV/CR/POP for MVMCP, December 2008May 2009: Pop/AKLSV, August 2009: POFQ/WL-CL, December 2009: AKLSV for MVMCP Too many since then to list and WAYYY tttoooooooo many more to go.............

Last edited by raven69david; 12-11-2012 at 08:52 PM.
raven69david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:35 PM   #7
Peaseblossom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanico2000 View Post
Although the line to enter the restaurant was already long when we arrived just after 11AM, it moved rapidly.
This seems to be the general consensus. I have yet to hear anyone say the wait was too long. Sounds like Disney put their mathematicians to good work!

That's good news, can't wait to try it and will look for the Rose Garden - the road less traveled is so often more interesting!

ETA - the mathematician smiley, how often do you get a chance to use that one?
Old 12-11-2012, 08:52 PM   #8
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaseblossom View Post
ETA - the mathematician smiley, how often do you get a chance to use that one?
And here I'd though all these years that it was just a 'lecturing' smiley. Or the snarky "know it all" smiley if you're inclined to the dark side.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:01 PM   #9
PrincessMe
Mouseketeer

We absolutely loved our lunch at BOG. Line was just past the end of the bridge and took about 25 minutes. Both soups were great (and the French onion is really, truly vegetarian). Also enjoyed the quiche and the nicoise salad. Rose room was dark, quiet, and peaceful.

Liked it so much we tried to go back last Wednesday but it was closed for a media event.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:54 AM   #10
hanrendar
Earning My Ears

Lunch food was easier for the pickier eater to find things they liked in my group
hanrendar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:42 AM   #11
adibenedetto
Earning My Ears

I went with a group of friends for the passholders preview mid-November and lunch was amazing. I'm a slightly picky eater so I preferred the lunch menu to what I read on the dinner menu. It also seemed like lunch had more items, or just a greater variety of choices.

Also, take into account the way lunch is served; you order, find a place to sit, and they bring you your food on a rolling cart. It's very similar to a normal sit down restaurant, except you order first and sit yourself. You get the feel of a traditional sit down experience (for the most part - you don't have to dodge people while carrying a tray of food) without spending as much.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:52 AM   #12
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Sounds like lunch is a better experience/meal. Has anyone eaten there with little kids yet? I was wondering if there was anything to scary for small children.

We weren't able to get ARDs for dinner of our January 2013 trip and thought we might try to get in for lunch one day. I am also in the process of trying to think ahead for ADRs for our June 2013 and wondering if we should try to make a dinner reservation with the little ones?

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:07 AM   #13
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
Has anyone eaten there with little kids yet? I was wondering if there was anything to scary for small children.
?
If the Beast scares them, but his is a very brief appearance.

As far as dinner for kids, BOG offers a pasta, (not mac/phosphorescent yellow cheese), a beef, a chicken (a breast, not pressed misc. battered chicken parts) and a fish, if what you feed your kids doesn't fit into those categories, then you have a decision to make!

The two young girls in our party both had a med. steak and substitutes the veggies for plain buttered pasta and really enjoyed their meal!

Dinner was great, I'm looking forward to lunch there the next time we visit!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV

Last edited by BEASLYBOO; 12-13-2012 at 10:13 AM.
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:11 AM   #14
Greenfield1984
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner
Sounds like lunch is a better experience/meal. Has anyone eaten there with little kids yet? I was wondering if there was anything to scary for small children.

We weren't able to get ARDs for dinner of our January 2013 trip and thought we might try to get in for lunch one day. I am also in the process of trying to think ahead for ADRs for our June 2013 and wondering if we should try to make a dinner reservation with the little ones?
Our DD5 was afraid of the west wing. It's very dark and loud in there, 2 things she has recently become afraid of. But other than that room I don't recall anything scary about the restaurant. And our DD20 months loved it. Really depends on your child.
October 2011: ASMo with DD4 and DD7months
October 2009: POP with DD2
February 2009: AKL with DD 18mos
April 2007: ASMo HONEYMOON!
December 2005: Off site - Big Family Vacation
August 2000
Summer 1991
Fav rides:Carousel of Progress, Figment, Tower of Terror, Timekeeper (RIP), Nemo Musical
Fav Park: EPCOT
Greenfield1984 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: