Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 10:46 PM   #76
ginny114
Disney Bride

Old 11-27-2012, 10:06 AM   #77
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Just caught up on your PJ! What an amazing proposal! Just... wow!

Your engagement photos are beautiful! I love the floral inspiration photos and the cake photos, all are so pretty and spring-y. It's going to look gorgeous all put together!

Your dress is beautiful and the bridesmaid dresses are very pretty too!
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM | 2015 DL: D23 Expo
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #78
kkbutterfly
Mouseketeer

Following along! Your proposal story was AWESOME! Absolutely magical! Your pictures are great! Art of Animation has such cool things around it! I really like the blue cake just because I love color. My wedding cake was insanely colorful and I think its fun since it's a Disney wedding!
Old 11-27-2012, 05:17 PM   #79
enchantedream88
Mouseketeer

The Arndt's are my photographers too. They're wonderful, right?!?!?! :D

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."

D&B's Wishes Wedding PJ - August 3, 2013
enchantedream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:51 PM   #80
ginny114
Disney Bride

Thank you ladies!!!! i was starting to freak out i was alone in this process. i could totally use suggestions and guidance. our wedding is fast approaching and i cant ever decide on anything!!!! do you guys have any ideas for romantic, Elegant classy wedding receptions??? i cant pick colors or ANYTHING. please help.

The Arndts are AMAZING !!! and they are affordable!!! they are so much fun and easy to relate to and david totally treats you like a princess!
Old 11-28-2012, 08:35 PM   #81
Tinkerkell007
Mouseketeer

Hello! Just reading along with you PJ and caught up now. Such a nice proposal! What a dream come true. I love your E pics too, very cute! You guys look so happy together!

What kind of colors do you like? Dark, pastel, ?
I would reccommend Pinterest, they have so many inspiration pictures you could look at.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:16 AM   #82
ginny114
Disney Bride

HELP LADIES!!!! i cant decide what to have my reception look like!!!! i am afraid the white chairs and white table are to plain but i DONT want to much purple i dont really like purple the girls are just wearing it because they look great in it. the colors are all different shades of purple pinks and white. please help!!! we are at the 3 month mark and i need to make final decisions soon. i am one of those brides who is not really girly and cant make decisions that why i need guidance. so confused
Old 12-05-2012, 02:52 PM   #83
CinderALLIE
DIS Veteran

I like the 3rd and 4th table set up. Maybe go with the white which you like but add the table decor of 4...just a splash of purple

Good luck with your decision

18/10/09-9/9/09 - First trip to Disneyland with side trip to Walt Disney Family Museum *Backstage Magic Tour and Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel*

MY LIFE SUCKS!! No trips planned, hopefully late 2014 or sometime in 2015
CinderALLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:29 PM   #84
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

I really like table two. Probably because it is not so white
Old 12-05-2012, 05:30 PM   #85
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

Sorry dog jumped on me and it sent! It ha the solid shade of color and then you can us white plates, napkins and center pieces if you'd like.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:20 AM   #86
rachaelk101
Earning My Ears

Just found your thread, your pictures are great!! As far as your reception goes, it depends on what you want the mood and general feel to be. All white, or white tables and chairs with subtle hints of purple will look more clean, and simple, I don't think it too much white would look so bad. Also it depends what shade of purple you use. A light, lavendar like purple will still have the clean/springy look and a deeper shade will seem more romantic and intimate. Just my opinion. Hope this helps! Looking forward to reading more!
rachaelk101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #87
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

I'm not a big fan of the all white look, but that is just a personal preference. I love the second one, it sort of reminds me of Tinkerbell, or even more so the Spring Sprite from Fantasia 2000. Even the napkins in that photo kind of remind me of lilies or blossoms or something. Just another opinion for you to consider
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM | 2015 DL: D23 Expo
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:55 PM   #88
ginny114
Disney Bride

Hello ladies!! I have good news and bad news. Good news is we are going to have the reception I originally fell in love with.....THE GREEN ONE WITH THE GOLD CHAIRS. I think this reception is elegant and beautiful. I love that the flowers are MOSTLY White and a touch of purple. I do NOT want alot of purple even though the girls dresses are purple. I REALLY need your advice here .... I originally wanted centerpeices that have Pink and Purple but MOSTLY white. like this one... ....however my bridesmaids are telling me that pink has NO place in the wedding I really thought that pink and purple and white were elegant and romantic, now i am just confused. so then i thought since we are having six tables we could do two with this orchid display...
two with a hydrangea and a Touch of purple in ONE and then the other white with a touch of Pink like this... and then the last two table carnations with a touch of pink and the other a touch of purple. like this... ....

then i also fell in love with this center piece set up but in my colors Not red....

SOOOO as you can see long story short I am so very confused for center pieces . please ladies help me. maybe if i dont do pink flowers any where and just stick with white and purple i cant do other things pink...like the fireworks liight on the wall or the cocktail hour can have pink flowers.

plus side is we are under three months to go!!!! and i was able to change transportation to one way vans and save a bundle of money!
Old 12-11-2012, 06:11 PM   #89
ginny114
Disney Bride

Any ideas where we can get a smaller Similar flower for my hair??? and do you think i should die my hair lighter blonde?? i am dirty blonde now.

LOVE THESE SASHES.... but at 4 dollars each thats $200 more i dont know if its really worth it. what do you guys think?

Anyone have any unique fun ideas for reception other then characters? they are $975 for a half hour that alot!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:05 PM   #90
ginny114
Disney Bride

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: