Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 12:07 PM   #3661
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbaby View Post
Thank you! We are WDW fans but have never been to DL. Might as well start on the busiest day of the year right?!
You'll be fine! DL is a blast and IMO much more doable during the jammed packed holiday season. So easy to go back and forth between parks. No long times waiting for a bus to the park/hotel. Hotels just a 5 minute walk away for a mid-day respite. DL is the most wonderful of places. Sounds like you are prepared for the crowds. With realistic expecations fun follows!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvslikepi View Post
DisBaby's First Trip to Disneyland...at Christmastime...trip report now fully active!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post46902284
So glad you posted your link!
Old 12-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #3662
tylerandalexsmom
Seriously addicted to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by luulu1999

I really wish I could have kept ours a secret but I just couldn't lol
Yes it's getting harder and harder to keep it a secret!
MK Dec 1972 (me) WDW/All Star Movies May 2003 WDW/All Star Movies Apr 2007 WDW/NSSHP/Caribbean Beach Resort (Pirate room!) Sept 2009 Polynesian/Dream Cruise/WDW/CBR Pirate room Oct 2011 WDW Christmas 2011

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2012, 10:35 PM   #3663
StyledSugar
Love The Mouse

We kept our last trip a secret and it was fantastic!! The kids knew we were going to DL but they thought we were leaving a month later. The only reason we told them anything is because they are old enough to earn their own spending money and we wanted them to save a little bit. It was the best decision ever and so magical when they found out. Have fun!!

One thing I love right now -- seeing my ticker show ONE WEEK....and then six days. But I'm down to the ONE WEEK part!! lol So excited!

DLR: 1980, 1985, 1987, February 2006, September 2010, October-November 2011, Christmas/New Years 2012-2013

My wonderful family:
DH Me DD 15 DS 11
Old 12-12-2012, 10:32 AM   #3664
NMDisneyMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerandalexsmom View Post
Yes it's getting harder and harder to keep it a secret!
I completely agreee with this statement. I've managed to keep this a secret from DD for months, and I'm afraid I will be the one to blow the surprise. I'm getting things ready for Christmas morning, but boy ... it's getting harder and harder by the day. 19 days and counting and we will be there.
Disney Magic, 5/2009, 7 day Eastern ** Disney Dream, 6/2011, 5 day Bahamas ** Disneyland/Disney Wonder, 3/2012, 7 day MR ** Disney Fantasy, 3/2013, 7 day Eastern ** Next up: 2015 Fantasy B2B (July 2015)

Disneyland - 2/2006, 4/2008, 10/2009, 3/2010, 7/2010, 9/2010, 3/2012, 1/2013
WDW - 2014 and 1st DVC stay!

Old 12-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #3665
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Just throwing it out there that I've started a TR for my very first visit to Disneyland ever, and even better, for my birthday and seeing Christmas at a Disney park for the first time!

It was an amazing trip and I enjoyed Disneyland immensely as someone who has been to Disney World 4 times...

Here are a few photos I took, and there is a link to my TR in my signature!

Thanks again to this thread for giving us so many awesome pieces of information, it all helped greatly during our trip!

Old 12-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #3666
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Trip report started!

I am up to Day 2 of my trip report if anyone wants to check it out... not picture heavy as I was too busy taking things in to be staring thru a lens...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....622245&page=10

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. And 6 days at PPH--December 5-10, 2012 for all 3 of us!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Old 12-12-2012, 03:42 PM   #3667
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

I'm back! I'm back! I'm back! Woo hoo! (I hope that no one was horribly misbehaving while I was gone. )

Anyone who happened to follow my TR from my fiasco of a December 2011 trip (see the "Aunt Betty..." link in my signature below) knows that I ended up crying uncontrollably on a bench in California Adventure. This trip that just ended today was supposed to be a do-over...a chance to have the trip that I was supposed to have...a chance to have a nice Christmas trip to make up for the horrible one last year.

So, here are some highlights:

1. I GOT AN AWESOME SEAT FOR THE CANDLELIGHT PROCESSIONAL - not once but TWO nights in a row!!! I saw it twice! I got lucky and there were lots of no-shows for both nights. (I can tell you all exactly where to stand and when to try to get seats if you didn't win the AP lottery - if you're interested.)

I loved loved loved the CP. Oh my goodness...the lighting...the singers...the soloists...the songs... Pure Christmas glory. If you are a fan of Christmas and are connected in any way to the more spiritual side of it, the CP is for you! I am sooooooooooo glad I decided to try to see it. It is simply beautiful (and yes, of course, I took pictures)!;

2. I had a major celebrity sighting in DCA yesterday - Gwen Stefani and her super-hot husband, Gavin!! They were just a few feet away from me. This was the first A-List celebrity I've ever seen at DLR (I've seen B-List and below). Gwen walks with a strut, and was rockin' the red lips and gray pants/black tank top;

3. I ate peppermint ice cream (in a cone!), peppermint bark, gingerbread cookies, a peppermint bark Dazzler at Haagen Dazs and several Earl of Sandwich sandwiches (beware - before everyone gets excited about EoS, make sure to check your order before you leave because they make mistakes! They made two big mistakes in the visits I made over the last few days);

4. Did I mention that I love love loved the Candlelight Processional, and that Lou Diamond Phillips was very charming and engaging?;

5. I got to see Laurie/DizNee Luver this morning at Surf's Up, and Liza/funatdisney joined us as well - it's always a treat to see those ladies!;

6. As usual, I took photos galore (not so many of Cars Land and Buena Vista Street this time, because I got tons of photos of those two lands in November [see link in signature below])! I love taking photos! On the first day I was not my usual self and felt kind of 'off,' but by Day 2 I got my photo groove back and I was on a roll! I have plenty of material for the Theme Week Countdown of 2013!; and

7. I got another free upgrade to a park view room at the PPH (third year in a row for a free upgrade)! (I love the PPH Christmas tree so much.)

Also - a merchandise tip: If you are a holiday merchandise nut, this year is the first year for this line of amazing Mickey Mouse nutcrackers. They are fantastic (of course I took photos but I have not loaded my photos from the camera yet). BUT - one of them (the Santa Mickey nutcracker) is selling like hotcakes (whatever that means), and is flying off the shelf. Both Acorn Gifts and Goods and the China Closet are sold out of the Santa Mickey nutcracker, but there are still some left at the Disney Showcase store on Main Street (as of this morning). The whole line of nutcrackers is awesome - there is even a Pirate Mickey nutcracker - but the Santa one is in hot demand. So IF you see it on the shelf somewhere at DLR this month and you think "I'll get it later," don't wait! Get it right away!

And you can bet that, in the tradition of my usual epic December TR's, I will be doing another one! Stay tuned!

(And go see the Candlelight Processional if you get the chance!)

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014

Last edited by Sherry E; 12-13-2012 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Added in a word
Old 12-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #3668
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

Congrats Sherry!! Can't wait to see some of those photos. I can't imagine seeing the CP down mainstreet. We plan on going back next year at Christmas time and the rumors of it being moved to the Hyperion Theater sadden me. I think I would be moved to tears to hear the Story of Jesus birth while in my Happiest Place on Earth! I'm glad you had a great time. I will be lurking till you post some photos. I have 365 days to plan now!

2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
Old 12-12-2012, 09:57 PM   #3669
abent
Mouseketeer

Sherry, so glad you are back with all the great info! We leave in 2 days! Any helpful info for CP would greatly be appreciated!
Old 12-12-2012, 11:41 PM   #3670
Eeee-va
Happiest robot on Earth

Congratulations, Sherry! You definitely deserved a good view and I'm so glad you had such a great trip!
Old 12-13-2012, 12:06 AM   #3671
StyledSugar
Love The Mouse

Sounds like you had a great trip Sherry! Can't wait to see your pictures, especially of the nutcrackers. My son loves nutcrackers so I'm sure he'll be ready to hunt one down while we're there!

DLR: 1980, 1985, 1987, February 2006, September 2010, October-November 2011, Christmas/New Years 2012-2013

My wonderful family:
DH Me DD 15 DS 11
Old 12-13-2012, 12:16 AM   #3672
kandyk
Mouseketeer

Sherry- I would love to hear some more details about getting seating for CP. I'm glad your trip went well and I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures. Only six more days for us.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:30 AM   #3673
kerickson
VGC Dreamin'

Add a Disney Nutcracker to my souvenir list - Check! Thanks for the tip Sherry! Hopefully they have some left when we arrive on the 23rd!

Old 12-13-2012, 08:33 AM   #3674
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Sherry I think we all behaved

Quote:
Originally Posted by StyledSugar View Post
We kept our last trip a secret and it was fantastic!! The kids knew we were going to DL but they thought we were leaving a month later. The only reason we told them anything is because they are old enough to earn their own spending money and we wanted them to save a little bit. It was the best decision ever and so magical when they found out. Have fun!!

One thing I love right now -- seeing my ticker show ONE WEEK....and then six days. But I'm down to the ONE WEEK part!! lol So excited!
How exciting! We are leaving for WDW about the same time you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
Just throwing it out there that I've started a TR for my very first visit to Disneyland ever, and even better, for my birthday and seeing Christmas at a Disney park for the first time!
Great pictures! I'm heading over next to sub into your trip report. You need to stalk KCmike and the other great photographers on these boards and add your photographs to the Disneyland Resort Picture of the day thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmike View Post
Congrats Sherry!! Can't wait to see some of those photos. I can't imagine seeing the CP down mainstreet. We plan on going back next year at Christmas time and the rumors of it being moved to the Hyperion Theater sadden me. I think I would be moved to tears to hear the Story of Jesus birth while in my Happiest Place on Earth! I'm glad you had a great time. I will be lurking till you post some photos. I have 365 days to plan now!
You've planned your next trip! You'll find with college aged offspring that Christmas break is an excellent time to cherish time together.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:31 AM   #3675
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Sherry, I'm so glad you finally got to see the Candlelight Processional. You certainly deserved that bit of Pixie Dust! It really is amazing so I'll repeat your advice: go see it if you get the chance. No description can do justice to the feeling you get watching all the performers file in.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: