Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 04:39 PM   #1
Bee1960
Earning My Ears

Rental car at magic kingdom

We will be at the boardwalk. In April we might want to rent a car for a day or two, has anyone rented a car from the agency in disney ? Just two of us so no need for a van .
Thanks for the help.
b
Bee1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #2
Safari Queen
Now 14 miles from my happy place.

Rental Car

We've rented from Alamo at Disney several times, always from the Car Car Center near MK since they have the best hours. If the time works for you, there's a counter right at the Dolphin, too. It's always been pleasant and easy, with rides to and from the resort.

VWL Feb 04, OKW Oct 04, SSR Oct 04, BWV Dec 04, OKW Feb 05, BCV Sep 05, BWV Oct 05, BWV Dec 05, OKW Feb 06, BWV Nov 06, BCV Jan 07, BWV & DCL Apr 07, BWV Jun 07, F&W @ BWV Oct 07, AKL & OKW Jan 08, F&W @ AKV Oct 08, BWV Jan 09, AKL Concierge Nov 09; BCV & BWV Jan 10; BWV Oct 10; BWV Jan 11; Coronado Sp/AKL - Feb 12; BWV F&W Oct 12; AKL Oct 13
NEXT: F&W, Oct 14
Safari Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #3
Bee1960
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari Queen View Post
We've rented from Alamo at Disney several times, always from the Car Car Center near MK since they have the best hours. If the time works for you, there's a counter right at the Dolphin, too. It's always been pleasant and easy, with rides to and from the resort.
Thank you
Bee1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:32 PM   #4
dvcpa
Earning My Ears

I looked into renting in Disney World during my last trip, but ended up renting a car for the whole week at the airport.

But, from what I remember a lot of people online said that they rented from agencies that had desks at some of the non-disney hotels in the downtown disney area. They took a disney bus to downtown disney and then walked over to the hotel.
dvcpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #5
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcpa View Post
But, from what I remember a lot of people online said that they rented from agencies that had desks at some of the non-disney hotels in the downtown disney area. They took a disney bus to downtown disney and then walked over to the hotel.
This thread might help those looking for other car rental agencies at WDW.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:29 PM   #6
Skip3key
Earning My Ears

We always rent a car- usually at the airport, but last trip we did the Land and Sea Vacation, so even though I got the car at the Airport at Alamo, we returned it at the transportation center outside the MK- couldn't have been easier- after I returned the car, they drove me back to the AKL to catch the bus to the cruise.
Skip3key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:53 PM   #7
SmilingGrump
Dis Dads Club Member #584

Depending on the time of year, a one day rental onsite may cost you more then a week rental from the airport. The only time we looked into renting a car for one day it was cheaper to hire a towncar to drive my wife and mother to and from the shopping malls. Admittedly, that was over Christmas, but early April can be just about as busy. My advice is to check online before you go what a one day rental would be.
DL '77, DW '79, DW '00, DW '01, DW '06, Magic '08, DW '08, DW '09, Wonder '10, DW '10, Wonder '11, Aulani '12, DDC#1 (WDW '13)

me DW DD DD
SmilingGrump is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: