Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 10:13 PM   #2311
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMLAINI View Post
How much storage space/drawers are in the room. We're a family of 4 and will be staying in LM section for 8 days. Based on the picture I've seen idk how we'll fit all of our stuffin the room & I don't want to live out of suitcases. Any ideas/tipswill be much appreciated
There's not a lot of space. The dresser is divided into 2 halves and one 1/2 is taken up by the fridge. The other 1/2 has 3 drawers, and they're not too big.

Other than that, there is room on the floor between the dresser and the bathroom - probably enough for 2 smaller suitcases. In the bathroom, there is a luggage stand and probably room for one more bag on the floor.

There are 4 of us (kids are 3 and 8) and we found it to be pretty close quarters. The suitcases on the floor were out of the way enough that you didn't feel like they took up space, but if you really plan to unpack completely for your stay, you might have a hard time finding a place for everything.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:56 AM   #2312
KMcCP
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMLAINI
How much storage space/drawers are in the room. We're a family of 4 and will be staying in LM section for 8 days. Based on the picture I've seen idk how we'll fit all of our stuffin the room & I don't want to live out of suitcases. Any ideas/tipswill be much appreciated
Not a lot! You have three average sized drawers. I've been following this thread for awhile and got some good tips. What I ended up doing was brining some extra hangers and I bought one of those hanging organizers with six openings at Walmart for $7 dollars that people use for like sweaters etc. it worked out great because there is a high shelf with a rod under it in the sink area to hang it off of and it held a ton of stuff. I made use of the high shelf by folding clothes in several piles and also standing our suitcases up there upright. I hung up just about all the shirts. I used the drawers for all the kiddos clothes since they don't need as much space. I brought a collapsible bin for shoes, and another for the counter to hold loose items in. Also bought an over the door organizer at the dollar store that I put hairbrushes, toiletries etc to reduce clutter. Also I bought a laundry bag at the dollar store that I hung from the high shelf to keep dirty laundry in. After all that we kept one small suitcase on the suitcase rack in the closet area with a few things in it. I should have taken a picture in retrospect! It was pretty impressive. With all the "stuff" organized we were able to keep the sleeping area clean and clutter free!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2012, 11:04 AM   #2313
kasedroz
Mouseketeer

Shipping to the Resort?

Has anyone overnighted anything yet to AoA? If so how was it and what address did you use? And how quickly did they let you know you have a package?

Old 12-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #2314
KMcCP
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasedroz
Has anyone overnighted anything yet to AoA? If so how was it and what address did you use? And how quickly did they let you know you have a package?
Delta broke our booster seat and I had to have a new one shipped when we got there. I just used Amazon's two day shipping and the main address on Animation Way that was on all out paperwork. Sent it addresses to me c/o art of animation. When we got home from the parks it was waiting in our room.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:36 AM   #2315
kasedroz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMcCP View Post
Delta broke our booster seat and I had to have a new one shipped when we got there. I just used Amazon's two day shipping and the main address on Animation Way that was on all out paperwork. Sent it addresses to me c/o art of animation. When we got home from the parks it was waiting in our room.
Great! Thanks! I hate Delta! They broke our jeep stroller last year and we will never fly them again! They overbooked our flight and had to split my husband and my oldest DD up from me and our youngest DD! Then canceled their flight on Sunday til' Tuesday! It was horrible! We are flying South West this year!

Old 12-11-2012, 06:45 PM   #2316
Peter Fan
Peter Fan

We are going in Feb. and I don't know which family suite to choose. What do you think?
Old 12-11-2012, 06:53 PM   #2317
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Fan
We are going in Feb. and I don't know which family suite to choose. What do you think?
We stayed in a LK suite in Sept and enjoyed it but honestly, if I had to choose again I would choose Cars. That area is just really well themed, had a cute pool, and is close to AH and the bus stop. The one thing I didn't enjoy about the LK area was the nightly movie...kept me up a couple nights.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:33 PM   #2318
stindall
Congress Tart

My ticker says 8 months and 4 weeks!

Oh god there's the yeti! - The Trip Report!.

- Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop - Dec. 2009 surprise for dad @ Pop -
Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop
- Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop!- Aug. 2015 DL @ Stanford Inn & Suites -

Old 12-11-2012, 07:54 PM   #2319
Peter Fan
Peter Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandami

We stayed in a LK suite in Sept and enjoyed it but honestly, if I had to choose again I would choose Cars. That area is just really well themed, had a cute pool, and is close to AH and the bus stop. The one thing I didn't enjoy about the LK area was the nightly movie...kept me up a couple nights.
Thank you
Old 12-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #2320
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Fan View Post
Definitely Cars!

Old 12-11-2012, 08:29 PM   #2321
Lemonademouth
DIS Veteran

New dates!!! Decided to go for our 5th wedding anniversary which is in May!! So it cut 140 days off our waiting!!! Was able to get a res at Be Our Guest and O'Hana at 157 days out!!!!!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 01:46 PM   #2322
Disney-Chick
A Canadian who loves Disney eh!

Quote:
You lose 3 drawers because if the fridge. So you only get 3 drawers in total. Me and my DH barely had enough room and we are here for 14 days. Long stay but only 2 of us.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:47 PM   #2323
Disney-Chick
A Canadian who loves Disney eh!

Quote:
Sorry meant to add that you could request more hangers to store your stuff. And use the top shelf where the sink is located.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #2324
jendujka
Earning My Ears

Quote:
We bought some cheap hangers at the dollar store and packed them along which helped out A LOT!! Mostly just used the drawers for unders, pjs and hair things for the girls. We stayed for 9 nights so I spent one morning doing laundry. I had picked up a cheap, collapsible hamper at Target to bring along, and I don't know what we would have done for that length of time without it. I also picked up a smaller collapsible box in the dollar section that we used to put food in. We should have brought a shoe hanger thing as well. That would have been ideal for all of the shoes.
August 2013, POR - Royal Rooms
April 2013, AKV Jambo
February 2013, AKV Jambo
October 2012, AoA LM - Fantasyland Dress Rehearsal!
May 2012, Off-property - Disney trip with girlfriends
December 2011, POFQ - First family vacation to Disney!
Old 12-12-2012, 03:10 PM   #2325
digiMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We used one of these when we stayed at POP. Worked out really nice...

http://www.target.com/p/hanging-acce...et%20organizer

Me DH DD (17) DS (13)

Jan 2012 POP | Oct 2010 POP | Jan 2006 ASSp | Sept 1992 Off Site (Honeymoon) | Poly and CR in the 70s as a kid
"We keep moving forward, opening new doors... because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~ Walter Elias Disney
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: