Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
BinkleyVS
Earning My Ears

Galveston January 26th-Xmas Present for Kids

Hi all! We booked a six night cruise out of Galveston for January 26, 2013.

We're long-time Disney fans with kids who are now 14, 12 and 7. Our first cruise was last year and we actually won it from Coke. It was a four night out of Port Canaveral on the Dream. We had the best vacation of our lives on that trip and were determined to do it again before our eldest got too caught up in band/high school activities/simply not liking his parents.

So, even though we have a Disneyland vacation planned for Summer 2013, we were considering a four night cruise out of Galveston since we could drive down instead of flying to Florida or California. Fortunately, I procrastinated a couple days and when I went to the website to book, the Kids Cruise Free Offer had just been announced. So, for less than what we were paying for four nights, we booked a six night cruise instead!

We're not telling the kids until Christmas morning. My wife and I thought and thought about how to tell them. We decided on giving them each a gift that, collectively, would tell them what was going on. For my eldest, who likes Vinylmations, we got the Disney Magic Vinylmation. For my middle son who loves pin trading, we got a special cruise pin trading lanyard with a few cruise related pins. For my youngest, who loves the princesses, we got a Disney cruise autograph book and special character pen. We figure once they each open their gifts, it'll be pretty clear and we can give them the good news!

So, the six night cruise is new as far as I can tell. If anyone has info on how this cruise is different from the others (as far as shows/dining/etc), I'd appreciate the info.

Thanks to everyone who has posted in these forums! You've all helped make planning and waiting very fun!
BinkleyVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #2
Pocahantas
Dreams do come true - I'm now a DVC Member

Sounds like a great Christmas surprise!! We are on the 6 night sailing out of Galveston on February 9th. I have had a hard time finding info on 6 night sailings so I can't offer much help but I'll be following along to hopefully learn a few things from you!
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]12/02 CR; 2/04 CR ; 5/05 Pop/BCV/AKL; 10/05 POFQ/BCV; 2/06 VWL; 5/06 BWV; 12/06 POR/BCV/WL; 6/07 SSR/BCV; 10/07 BCV; 12/07 POFQ/BCV; 5/08 DCL/Vero; 2/09 BWV; 6/09 BCV; 9/09 AKL/DCL/BC; 5/10 BLT/Poly; 3/11 BCV/BLT; 6/11 DCL-Alaska; 6/12 DCL Bahamas Double Dip; 2/13 DCL W.Carib; 6/13 BCV; 10/13 BCV; 3/14 VGF; 6/14 - VGC; 10/14 DCL-Southern Carib Next Up: 6/15 - Aulani
Pocahantas is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2012, 11:31 AM   #3
jal417
Earning My Ears

What an awesome surprise! We are going on the Feb. 23rd sailing out of Galveston. I wish we had surprised our kids like that but they are only 4 so I don't think they really would have gotten it. Instead I hear every day "are we going on the boat today?" Can't wait to read all the stuff you find out!
Old 11-18-2012, 01:55 PM   #4
usafvet
Earning My Ears

This is awesome. I have no doubt your children will be excited on Christmas morning. If you type "Disney Christmas surprise", you'll certainly get some ideas from the reactions posted there. Plus it is heart warming to see many of these videos.
usafvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #5
vcjtx
Mouseketeer

My friend & I will be on the 1/26 cruise with you. Girls' trip & celebrating my retirement! I can't wait to hear how your Christmas surprise went. Post pics or a video!

vcjtx is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: