Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 12:47 PM   #2116
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrio929 View Post
We had a standard room, standard view and ended up in a room that overlooked the quiet villa pool. It was sooooo quiet in our room. Only noise was from 9:30-10 every night during Illuminations. The fireworks are very loud at BWI.
Thanks Kerrio. That sounds great! Thanks for your other posts, too. Fortunately, we won't be pushing a stroller around this time -- Been there, done that!

Need to plan a trip!
Old 12-11-2012, 02:16 PM   #2117
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
A bit of news from the DVC boards. A DVC member reports that Members Services is telling people that Boardwalk guests will have access to Stormalong Bay while Luna Park Pool is being refurbed.
Woo hoo! I hope this is true for all BWI guests! If so, our family will be THRILLED!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

August 2014: Last Minute WDW (ASMu)
January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL, GF, BWI!)
August 2015: DL Half Marathon!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2012, 03:01 PM   #2118
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by teheber View Post
starting mardi gras week at boardwalk and finishing at the lodge!!

teheber.
We did the same split last March - BWI/CL then WL/CL. I think your FF question was also answered on the WL thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
Hello and thank you for such an informative thread. I'm usually posting on the Pop FAQ thread because that is where we stay when it's just me and DD going to the World. In March, it will be DH and me so I opted for BWI. That will be more his style and speed.

I booked a standard room. DH will want a quiet room and I thought a standard room might be more quiet than a Boardwalk or water/pool view. Did I guess right?

Also, I did not make any special requests when I booked and I don't know what options will appear when on-line check in becomes available. Can anyone help me out there? I read through a lot of this thread -- particularly the beginning, but I did not get through every single page.

Thanks for any help!
The POP thread has the hostess with the mostess, Janet B. I'm sure she misses not having you over there, but we're glad to have you over on the Epcot side of the World. You can also add "quiet location" to your reservation so that the room assignor can try to put you there.

Quote:
A bit of news from the DVC boards. A DVC member reports that Members Services is telling people that Boardwalk guests will have access to Stormalong Bay while Luna Park Pool is being refurbed.
Thanks for posting that. I saw on the DVC board that someone called member services and was told that they could use SAB and that a golf cart would transport them (or of course you can still take the boat or walk).

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 12-11-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:16 PM   #2119
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Do you know the dates of the refurb?

Old 12-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #2120
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUfan4444 View Post
Do you know the dates of the refurb?
Luna Park pool is slated to be closed 1/28/2013- 3/1/2013.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:47 PM   #2121
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
teheber.
The POP thread has the hostess with the mostess, Janet B. I'm sure she misses not having you over there, but we're glad to have you over on the Epcot side of the World. You can also add "quiet location" to your reservation so that the room assignor can try to put you there.
Yes, Janet B is fantabulous. I met her when we were both at Pop in August. She is terrific and is like the Energizer bunny. I'll still pop over to her Pop thread, but I need the knowledge from your BWI thread now. Thank you for the hint on "quiet location." I'll ask for that. Do you happen to know what requests are available to make during on-line check in?

Need to plan a trip!
Old 12-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #2122
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
Yes, Janet B is fantabulous. I met her when we were both at Pop in August. She is terrific and is like the Energizer bunny. I'll still pop over to her Pop thread, but I need the knowledge from your BWI thread now. Thank you for the hint on "quiet location." I'll ask for that. Do you happen to know what requests are available to make during on-line check in?
I've only done OCI for BWI CL and I believe the only view request you could mark was for a Boardwalk View. OCI is always very limiting and only has pre-set and very limited request choices. It's not a problem to do OCI, but just make sure that all of your requests have been placed in your reservation by calling the WDTC at least 5 days prior to arrival so that the room assignor will see them. If you're staying CL, just email or call the IPO which is actually located at the YC/BC.

If you POP on over to the POP thread, say howdy to my fav girl, Janet for me!
Old 12-11-2012, 03:59 PM   #2123
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
I've only done OCI for BWI CL and I believe the only view request you could mark was for a Boardwalk View. OCI is always very limiting and only has pre-set and very limited request choices. It's not a problem to do OCI, but just make sure that all of your requests have been placed in your reservation by calling the WDTC at least 5 days prior to arrival so that the room assignor will see them. If you're staying CL, just email or call the IPO which is actually located at the YC/BC.

If you POP on over to the POP thread, say howdy to my fav girl, Janet for me!
I wish I were staying CL, but that is not in the cards! I'll call with my quiet request.

I will say hey to Janet for you. Thanks again. I'll continue watching this thread for all the great info! Nice work.

Need to plan a trip!
Old 12-12-2012, 04:40 AM   #2124
WDWKOOK

Beginning this week, radio-frequency (RF) technology is bringing two significant changes to Walt Disney World:

-- Starting December 11, new payment devices that give you the ability to "touch to pay" using RF-enabled Key to the World cards (or to swipe credit cards) will be available at the following locations: Epcot, Art of Animation Resort, BoardWalk Resort, Contemporary Resort, Polynesian Resort and the Yacht & Beach Resort (except for laundry, valet and arcade locations in resorts). At this time, only guests staying at the aforementioned Walt Disney World Resort hotels can use "touch to pay," which is simply holding your card to the device's touch point to make payment. These devices also allow entry of a PIN (Personal Identification Number) via a PIN pad for "touch to pay" transactions. If you're staying at one of the Walt Disney World Resort hotels listed above, you will have the opportunity to set up a PIN during check-in. You also will have the opportunity to set up a PIN through the Online Check-In Service. A PIN is required for purchases of $50 or more (except for locations with a tip line; a PIN is required for all purchases at these locations). Guests with RF-enabled Key to the World cards will be able to make purchases using this method wherever a new payment device is available.

-- As of December 12, main entrance turnstiles at Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom are being converted to allow entry with RF-enabled Key to the World cards. This enhancement will give resort guests the ability to "touch to enter" the park -- that is, a person can simply hold the card to the new turnstile touch point, place a finger on the pad and enter the theme park. The turnstiles will eventually be able to accommodate RF-enabled ticket media as well.

From the latest AllEars newsletter.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:39 AM   #2125
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
It's almost worth planning a trip to the world to take advantage of it! :-)

Old 12-13-2012, 07:55 PM   #2126
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

5 more weeks exactly!!! Can't wait!!
Old 12-13-2012, 09:28 PM   #2127
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Dreadful news. We were there two years ago Spring Break and the pool opened re-opened right around this time. The water was so cold. We spent most of the time at the quiet pool.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 12-14-2012, 04:42 AM   #2128
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl35 View Post
5 more weeks exactly!!! Can't wait!!
Yippee! Are all your ADRs made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Dreadful news. We were there two years ago Spring Break and the pool opened re-opened right around this time. The water was so cold. We spent most of the time at the quiet pool.
Just the Messenger
Old 12-16-2012, 06:47 PM   #2129
jamescanuck2001
Mouseketeer

Quote:
fantastic, will be at BWI Feb 25 to Mar 4... with a 2 yr old that will love the kiddie area at SAB
Old 12-16-2012, 07:04 PM   #2130
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Four and a half weeks!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: