Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 03:11 PM   #16
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

I hate my Christmas tree this year. We decided to get rid of our regular lights and go with LEDs this year, and it looks awful, even the kids think so. The rest of the house looks so warm and welcoming, but the living room looks like a nightclub, I don't even want to turn the tree on. Not to mention, my beloved star topper doesn't work with them either so I just stuck a stupid bow up there. I know its a pretty petty rant but its really ruining my Christmas spirit!
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:14 PM   #17
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Oh, I have a brand new rant. I just plugged the tree in (usually have it off during the day) and the middle string of lights (right in the middle of the tree) does not work.

Are you freaking kidding me???? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME???

Screw it. The damn things can stay un-lit.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2012, 03:16 PM   #18
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

The boyfriend won't make a list. It's driving me insaaaaaaaane! And it's not just for me - my parents and various other family are asking what he wants, too, and I really don't know what to tell them

Other than that - I agree with the 'how could Christmas be so close' thing. I can almost guarantee I'll be out shopping on Christmas Eve. Thank God I'm off from work!
Old 12-11-2012, 03:17 PM   #19
Janepod
The new dinning plan is out. Need to get those ressies in!

My dad, his gf, my two brothers, and their significant others always come to my house for 4-5 days. Great - I love them and I hate to travel. And we have plenty of room. However, not one of them will bring anything (wine, a dessert, whatever) or lift a finger while they are here. I know that as a hostess I shouldn't expect anything, that I should just host, but it would really be nice if someone would, like, put a glass in the dishwasher once in a while. Let alone pick up the tab for a grocery run.

Everyone is at least 33 years old, btw. Old enough to know better.
Janepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:31 PM   #20
Andtototoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
I guess I should add mine.

I am so over Christmas this year. I'm done shopping, I'm done spending, I'm done wrapping ~ I'm just done. And Christmas hasn't even started.

And yes, my beloved, I know it's an inconvenience for you having to shop for one person (me, your wife), but I managed to buy gifts for 15 people, as well as stocking stuffers for three of those people, so excuse me if you aren't finding me very sympathetic.
This post brought to you by Sara the Grinch.
Absofrickinlutely DITTO to the max!

And this year, he hasn't even bothered to ask me what I got for HIS family. Forget participating in the slightest in giving to HIS family, he can't even ASK what I did? Excuuuuuse me for thinking you might take TEN SECONDS to ask a question, let alone -- drumroll please -- THANK ME for my time and effort!

If the people I am sending to weren't the elderly or children, I'd simply stop doing it. But I hate to disappoint those groups of people, so I keep doing it. ARGGGGH.

This post brought to you by Antototoo the Resentful. Who put only her name on the "gift of" card. In the interests of accuracy.
Andtototoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #21
momof1princess
i feel like i'm going to explode if i don't get it out right that second!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy3 View Post
I hate my Christmas tree this year. We decided to get rid of our regular lights and go with LEDs this year, and it looks awful, even the kids think so. The rest of the house looks so warm and welcoming, but the living room looks like a nightclub, I don't even want to turn the tree on. Not to mention, my beloved star topper doesn't work with them either so I just stuck a stupid bow up there. I know its a pretty petty rant but its really ruining my Christmas spirit!
my living room looks the same way! i HATE these LED lights! as soon as Christmas is over, i'm buying new regular lights, and getting rid of these ugly things!
Old 12-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #22
superme80
DIS Veteran

:We can't afford Christmas gifts! I don't want to ear what everyone else is doing for Christmas. I don't want to hear how DH's boss just got to go to Disneyland while we are struggling to pay bills and groceries! I am thankful that we have grandparents who love to buy our kids toys. I am just praying the toys the boys want are in stock right before Christmas.
DH-42 ME-34 DS #1-5 DS #2 3 DS #3 9 months old
superme80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:57 PM   #23
ilovemk76
DIS Veteran

No rants here. DH is a huge help with the decorating, purchasing, shipping and cleaning.

Question - Thise who hate the LEDs. What brand and style did you buy? White or colored? We love the ceramic C9s andthe faceted LEDs. The cheap LEDs withthe bulb exposed are not nice to look at.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:07 PM   #24
DisneyLvr55
The thing swooped down, hit me in the face with its wing, scooped up my dog, and flew away

My only rant is that I wish my mother could be here for Christmas. I got through Thanksgiving without her (she just passed this October) but it was beyond hard. I have good days, I have bad days, and I have days where I can't stop sobbing. I'm really just hoping that I can make it though Christmas morning and evening without breaking down infront of everyone.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:10 PM   #25
SaraJayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by superme80 View Post
:We can't afford Christmas gifts! I don't want to ear what everyone else is doing for Christmas. I don't want to hear how DH's boss just got to go to Disneyland while we are struggling to pay bills and groceries! I am thankful that we have grandparents who love to buy our kids toys. I am just praying the toys the boys want are in stock right before Christmas.
I'm sorry.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:13 PM   #26
SaraJayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLvr55 View Post
My only rant is that I wish my mother could be here for Christmas. I got through Thanksgiving without her (she just passed this October) but it was beyond hard. I have good days, I have bad days, and I have days where I can't stop sobbing. I'm really just hoping that I can make it though Christmas morning and evening without breaking down infront of everyone.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:21 PM   #27
dmdelight
Mouseketeer

my baah humbug rant is writing out Christmas cards for people we don' t see or communicate with all year round-why?!

on a deeper level, there was a major fallout in our family in September, still on going, and I' m kind of dreading Christmas eve,Christmas day and boxing day.

as pp pointed out, life is short and precious- if only others would figure that out.
dmdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:23 PM   #28
LSmith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janepod View Post
My dad, his gf, my two brothers, and their significant others always come to my house for 4-5 days. Great - I love them and I hate to travel. And we have plenty of room. However, not one of them will bring anything (wine, a dessert, whatever) or lift a finger while they are here. I know that as a hostess I shouldn't expect anything, that I should just host, but it would really be nice if someone would, like, put a glass in the dishwasher once in a while. Let alone pick up the tab for a grocery run.

Everyone is at least 33 years old, btw. Old enough to know better.
Sounds familiar, unfortunately.
LSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:26 PM   #29
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Rant:

Keep the Ex's away from the family Christmas if some of the family members don't get along with the Ex. It's a family holiday - the family should be comfortable.

The first Ex wasn't invited... the second shouldn't be either. And the day when there is a third, I'll expect the same!
aaarcher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:37 PM   #30
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLvr55 View Post

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: