DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
hidingmickey
wuteva

Really random question!

We will be at AKV-K in 4 days! It is our first DVC stay. My son is taking a medicine that we mix in a spoonful of applesauce. I don't plan on bringing applesauce (we are flying) and I don't feel the need to pay for grocery delivery for 1 package of applesauce! Heck no are we cooking on our Christmas vacation either haha.

Does anyone know if I can buy some applesauce or pudding at a grab n go location in AKV? I don't know how well it would be to wait until we have breakfast somewhere to see if they have applesauce or something else he can take his medicine with. Any ideas? Thanks
hidingmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:48 PM   #2
crisi
DIS Veteran

They have yogurt. Applesauce and pudding aren't on the list - but milk is if you bring a box of pudding you could mix up pudding (and carry a box of pudding on the airplane since its neither liquid nor gel - made up pudding would be a gel). Of course, that would involve a little cooking

You could also send yourself a box of applesauce to be at the resort when you arrive.
crisi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2012, 04:05 PM   #3
SDSorority
I was traumatized as a child by Magic Journeys and The Haunted Mansion. **I have a LGMH with me at all times.** {Is it Podcast day yet??}

Location: The home of the Buckeyes! 975 Miles too far away from Epcot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidingmickey View Post
We will be at AKV-K in 4 days! It is our first DVC stay. My son is taking a medicine that we mix in a spoonful of applesauce. I don't plan on bringing applesauce (we are flying) and I don't feel the need to pay for grocery delivery for 1 package of applesauce! Heck no are we cooking on our Christmas vacation either haha.

Does anyone know if I can buy some applesauce or pudding at a grab n go location in AKV? I don't know how well it would be to wait until we have breakfast somewhere to see if they have applesauce or something else he can take his medicine with. Any ideas? Thanks
You can get those squeeze packs of applesauce and put them in your 3-1-1 bag

If you're checking a bag, I have in the past packed those individual cups of applesauce in ziplocks and put them in between my clothes with no problem- no spills, no explosions, no TSA confiscation. If you're not checking a bag, the applesauce squeeze packs in your 3-1-1 bag would work, or you could mail a carton of applesauce to AKV to your attention with your check-in date.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:10 PM   #4
sweetdana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSorority View Post
You can get those squeeze packs of applesauce and put them in your 3-1-1 bag

If you're checking a bag, I have in the past packed those individual cups of applesauce in ziplocks and put them in between my clothes with no problem- no spills, no explosions, no TSA confiscation. If you're not checking a bag, the applesauce squeeze packs in your 3-1-1 bag would work, or you could mail a carton of applesauce to AKV to your attention with your check-in date.

http://www.amazon.com/GoGo-appleappl...ds=apple+sauce buy these (smaller quanity available before you go) also nearly every quck serve rest has it. so if it is only once a day, I bet you could buy them, or even order them for lunches. it would only be a couple $s.

There is also at POR, ASM, and I imagine all others values/mod have a kind-a cafeteria, that has them. I bet you can buy a bunch there if you needed them too.
HAVE FUN!!!!!

sweetdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:39 PM   #5
Lizard Valley
Mouseketeer

If I see another package of applesauce at Disney, I think I'll go bananas! They came with every breakfast at POP last year. We made towers with them in our room. We tried giving them away, but nobody else wanted anything to do with them either!
Lizard Valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:10 PM   #6
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Mara (QS) at Jambo will probably have yogurt (definitively), applesauce, pudding or something of the like and it's just a hop skip and a jump away from Kidani!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:39 PM   #7
hidingmickey
wuteva

Sweet thanks guys! Yogurt would work fine, too. Don't know why I didn't think of that! I like the squeezables but my luck I'd find them exploded in my bag! I think we will be ok now. I feel much better knowing we will find something. Haha applesauce towers! I'd have taken em off your hands! Too funny.
hidingmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:07 PM   #8
jockotaco
Mouseketeer

Can you buy them at the airport when you land?
jockotaco is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: