Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 05:12 PM   #1
allstonsmommy
Mouseketeer

Questions for those that have made autograph books...

What kind of order do you put your cards in your book?
Do you do them alphabetically or group characters that are usually together?

How many pages does your book have? I am just trying to get an idea of how many pages makes it too thick.

I know there are some characters that do not sign but I can't remember.. Does Mike sign?

Thanks
allstonsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:48 AM   #2
mommyto3boys
Mouseketeer

I just did my first one and I arranged and rearranged the pages so many times. I have seen three main recommendations: alphabetical order so you can easily flip to the characters while standing in line, group by like characters, and leave loose so you can bind just the characters that sign later.

I ended up grouping by like characters. I wanted mine bound before the trip due to it being a present for my kids. It has 20 characters. One character per side of the paper so I can put a pic on the opposite page.

Also, I just included the main characters that seem to be spotted in Disneyland. I think there is a list of characters for Disney World on the disboards.

Hopefully someone else can give more input

~Danielle

Me DH DS14 DS12 DS9
DL 1980, 1989, 2006 - WDW 1992

My DISign Thread.....http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2997040
My Photobucket.......http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t...ney%20Designs/
mommyto3boys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2012, 11:20 AM   #3
Danjocass
Mousketeer

I put my DD's autograph pages in alphbetical order and it worked out perfectly. The book had about 60 pages because we had dining pages in there as well. Those we put after the last charater page. We also put in some rare characters just in case.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:00 PM   #4
allstonsmommy
Mouseketeer

I have 83 pages right not, not including front or back covers but it does include the character meals. I have already taken away most princesses, fairies and others that I know my boys won't be interested in but I am trying to get rid of a more to get it down to about 60 or so.
allstonsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:14 PM   #5
jillianml
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto3boys View Post
I just did my first one and I arranged and rearranged the pages so many times. I have seen three main recommendations: alphabetical order so you can easily flip to the characters while standing in line, group by like characters, and leave loose so you can bind just the characters that sign later.

I ended up grouping by like characters. I wanted mine bound before the trip due to it being a present for my kids. It has 20 characters. One character per side of the paper so I can put a pic on the opposite page.

Also, I just included the main characters that seem to be spotted in Disneyland. I think there is a list of characters for Disney World on the disboards.

Hopefully someone else can give more input

~Danielle
Where did you get it bound at?Thanks so much.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:49 PM   #6
LoriB0902
Earning My Ears

We just got back from our trip, and I was very concerned my books were too thick, but they worked out fine. I didn't notice the weight, and they were easy to find in the bag! They were printed on 80 lb. cardstock. They were 87 pages (with character meals) because I went with the notion of being prepared, and if we didn't see the character we would just remove the page when we got home. I had them bound at Officemax in a plastic coil for $3-4.
Mine were alphabetical and that worked great. Next time, I will put character dining in it's own "section" it the back. (This time, I stuck them in alphabetically by restaurant name.)
Hope that helps!
LoriB0902 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: