Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #19
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKsMom View Post
Simple answer: she wants an iPhone. Tried to talk me into it when we renewed a year and a half ago and I convinced her to go with the Thunderbolt. We don't like the Thunderbolts. I've been hearing "I told you so" for a year and a half. Of course, one of the reasons I like the Thunderbolt was it would cause her to keep her music and phone seperate. I don't want to try to reach her and find out her phone is dead because she's been using it as an iPod. I bought her a phone because I expect to be able to get in touch with her. I've heard from Apple users that the battery life in them is just as bad as the Thunderbolt. That all smartphones have horrible battery life. I guess I'm kidding myself about keeping her music seperate.
Yes, smartphones have shorter battery life than non-smartphone. But I think you're worrying too much. I use the heck out of my iPhone, all day long, for news, web browsing, music, e-mail, even watching videos, and I can still get about 8 hours out of it. But you know what? Even if I don't do all that, I still get about 8-9 hours out of it, just keeping it on standby.

The key thing is, she's going to need to remember to keep it charged. Did she do that with the Thunderbolt? Then she's going to be OK with the iPhone. Yes, there may be some times where she forgets to charge it and it dies, but honestly, that could happen with any phone.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: