Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2012, 12:53 PM   #15
bcla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmband View Post
Bingo
My point exactly
You can resell the tix for face value or less as long as it is not on Disney prop and be fine
It's more of a moral issue then a legal one, do you feel ok with losing $_
If so b moral and forget it
If not sell the ticket and be done with it
Disney has far bigger things to worry about legally then a person here or here "transferring tickets" that are unused and for price they already collected on
I looked up the actual law, and California law is a little bit less severe than I'd though. The crime only occurs if there's an attempt to sell at a higher price than face value. I've bought from resellers (including season ticket holders unloading an extra ticket) for less than face value. Another tack of some scalpers is that they hang out in parking lots that technically aren't the same as the "venue". Once I had an extra ticket that I was trying to unload for face value. I had a single but arrived an bought a pair so I could go see a game with my dad. An employee saw this and said we couldn't do it, although we were on a public sidewalk next to the stadium. My dad asked if it could be given away. We got rid of it quickly that way.

Quote:
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/di...&file=346-367g

346. Any person who, without the written permission of the owner or operator of the property on which an entertainment event is to be held or is being held, sells a ticket of admission to the entertainment event, which was obtained for the purpose of resale, at any price which is in excess of the price that is printed or endorsed upon the ticket, while on the grounds of or in the stadium, arena, theater, or other place where an event for which admission tickets are sold is to be held or is being held, is guilty of a misdemeanor.
However, if you're on Disney property you are dealing with Disney's rules. If you're on the street you're dealing with different rules. On their property if they see it happening - they can take the tickets/vouchers/etc away.

I think the key thing people need to understand about all this is that the terms of tickets and vouchers state that the instruments are not the property of the holder, and that essentially that Disney reserves the rights to confiscate the instruments if they determine they were bought/sold in violation of their policy. Of course if they make a mistake (such as denying entrance to the original buyer), there probably is contract law involved somewhere.
bcla is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: