DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 02:18 PM   #16
Poohs Pal
DIS Veteran
Beautiful and smart so she says

Came back from a 25 day visit November 9th. Kidani BWV BLT
Poohs Pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #17
bwang123

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock_doctor

To be comparable to other hotels/resorts they need to have WiFi available, nothing says it has to work.. I am with you, if it doesn't work then that is the same as not having it. When we had the wired it worked great but WiFi is useless in most cases. I have a feeling Disney went with a company that bidded service with a data cap and they use the poor service as a limiting factor to reduce data usage. Make sure to call and complain.
or... wifi technology is flawed when that many people are using it at the same time. try using wifi at any place with that amount of devices utilizing the service and you will have the same problem. that is why you will read stories about people having no problems with wireless and others with horror stories. wireless didnt just magically stop working for you, more likely the access point you are connected has someone uploading trip photos, watching netflix and skyping with grandma.

bwang123 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2012, 05:18 AM   #18
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...

At BLT now wifi seems to work just fine
cseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:22 AM   #19
MikeyNS
DIS Veteran

Just got back from OKW and it was great.. Best wifi experience yet. Had a couple of playbooks, blackberries, iPads and netbook connected at once (I know... I know...) and all were working flawlessly. Even skyped to family with no issues.
Aulani May 15, DCL Jan 15, OKW Marathon 15, OKW Xmas 14, AKV/DCL/AKV 14, SSR 13, OKW Xmas 12, BWV/DCL/VWL 12, AKV/DCL/OKW 11, AKV/SSR 10, BLT/SSR 09, BWV 09, AKV/SSR 07, BCV 07, VWL 06, BWV 05, SSR 04, WL 03, AKL 02
Canadian DVC Members since 2004

MikeyNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:42 PM   #20
PSC
DIS Veteran

We were at SSR in September and the wireless access was horrible. We were there last week and it was much better - almost to the point off not even noticing any problems. I think that they are still a little shy of having enough capacity, but there was a big improvement over a few months ago.

PSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:09 PM   #21
rock_doctor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwang123 View Post
or... wifi technology is flawed when that many people are using it at the same time.
I think this is very true and i am sure they are cranking though tons of bandwidth with just about every device having WiFi abilities. But the point is that most hotels can make it work, i am sure disney can also. personally, i use my cell tethered to my computer. 4G tethered is much faster and safer (imho).
rock_doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:47 PM   #22
JWG
DIS Veteran

Just wrapping up a trip at SSR and BLT and have surprisingly had no issues. Even in park wifi worked well. Was a battery saver on the iPhone for sure.

JWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:46 AM   #23
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

BWV wifi

I'm sitting out on the balcony at BWV room 4117 and the wifi is excellent. Definitely the best I've had for connection strength and speed compared to when I was at OKW SSR and AKV.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:19 PM   #24
rlduvall
I just sit there and think "Oh, pretty colors."
Now maybe some-one will pick me first for dodgeball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedlo2 View Post
We were at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Jambo House, last week and had no issues with connection or speed. Was glad after some of the posts we had seen on the boards.

Same here and I was shocked at how good it was. When we were there in June - it was awful.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:53 PM   #25
DVC Jen
DIS Veteran
Wigs out even the biggest circus freaks!
Proudly wears the title of WEIRDEST DISer!

Wow - good. Hopefully it will be decent for us too.

Thanks everyone

Check Out My Disney Vacation Photos My Disney Family Vacation Galleries

DVC Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:58 PM   #26
Kidanifan08
DIS Veteran

AKV-Kidani in the bead closest to Jambo had excellent wifi. I was shocked after our experience in June and March. The wifi in the parks was excellent as well! Enjoy your trip!!
POP 2004, POR Oct '08, SSR Jan '09 (first DVC trip!), AKV-K June '09, ASM Oct '09, CBR Jan '10, AKV-K Dec '10, CSR Feb '11, OKW Aug '11, Kidani/BLT Oct '11, BWV/GF Mar '12, Jambo-CL/BLT May/June '12, Kidani Dec '12, BWV Apr '13, BLT/Kidani July '13, Jambo-CL Apr '14, BCV/Kidani July '14, BWV/GF Oct '14, Jambo Dec '14, Jambo-CL July '15

Kidanifan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:31 PM   #27
bwang123

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock_doctor
I think this is very true and i am sure they are cranking though tons of bandwidth with just about every device having WiFi abilities. But the point is that most hotels can make it work, i am sure disney can also. personally, i use my cell tethered to my computer. 4G tethered is much faster and safer (imho).
where are you getting this "most hotels" data? at hotels i have stayed outside of disney its also hit or miss. you can have solid wifi infrastructure but if you are connected to an access point with 2 people hogging bandwidth, you will have a poor experience. Wireless is shared access and most of the ways to fix it (block high bandwidth sites:youtube,netflix,file sharing,etc) would bring on new threads about "Why cant my daughter watch Dumbo on Netflix while we are resting in the room"

I say make it pay for use and there will be less people on it.

bwang123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: