Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 09:43 AM   #2101
Kerrio929
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK

Thanks, kerrio929! Do you think you would consider club level next time to make it easier to eat breakfast and to be more centrally located?

There really is never a benefit to doing OCI when staying CL.

We may. Just depends on the price. What kinds of breakfast foods are available if you stay CL?
DD: 5

Old 12-09-2012, 09:54 AM   #2102
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrio929 View Post
I loved the location, so close to Epcot and DHS. Not having to take a bus to either of those parks was a huge plus for us. I loved how quiet the hotel was. We hardly ever saw anyone in the halls and it was just a very serene place. No loud noise ever. Our room overlooked the quiet pools by the villas so that may be why we didn't hear much, since we weren't overlooking the actual Boardwalk. I loved the design and decor of the hotel, so homey and charming. I loved the bakery. The pastries were amazing! I loved being able to see the Illuminations fireworks from our room every night. We never thought our girls would be tired and out and asleep by 9 on vacation but they were. So DH and I would just sit on the balcony and watch. I liked the pool area quite a bit. Our girls loved the slide and the entertainment they had. We didn't spend tons of time there, maybe an hour each day but its a nice pool. The water temperature was perfect.

I didn't like that there was only 1 elevator from the ground floor to he lobby level. We had a stroller so we often had to wait in line for that elevator. Once you were on lobby level there are 3 elevators to go up to floors 3-5 so that was never a problem (we actually rarely had to wait for one of those). But having to wait for that other elevator was a small pain. I also felt like our room was so so far from the elevator and/or lobby. We were in room 3424 (or maybe it was 3224) and it was really far down the hall. In the morning I would grab the mugs and head out for coffee/juice and it was quite a walk. I also was bummed by the lack of QS dining options there. For breakfast you basically had to eat a breakfast sandwich, a pastry or a yogurt parfait (the last of which none of us liked at all). We had brought some cereal and granola bars down with us so we ended up eating those for breakfast most days. I felt our room was pretty small as well. For a deluxe resort I was expecting a touch more space. The bathroom area was tiny!

That's really all I didn't like. Nothing was enough to keep me from staying there again. The proximity to the 2 parks within walking distance makes it a definite win overall.
We agreed with pretty much everything you stated. We had no elevator issues, but we had no stroller. We felt the rooms were not very functional so the added size made it actually feel smaller than even our rooms at Pop honestly.

homeschooling mom,Disney freak and more
DxL '99, CBR '00, Pop '11
BWI '12,POFQ '12 , PORS '13 ASSp 2015

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR Incomplete
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2012, 02:42 PM   #2103
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
There really is never a benefit to doing OCI when staying CL.

Just for fun, I did OCI for the Innkeeper's Club last March. The only difference it might have made is that the packet of info. they give you when you check-in was already assembled. But, even when not doing OCI, I have seen those packets with the guests' name on them already assembled at WL and CR. In fact, OCI really limits any requests you can make as they are pre-set and you can't add any of your comments.

It won't hurt anything to do OCI, but just remember to email the IPO with any room location requests, etc... you might have so that they can be placed in your reservation.
Thanks so much! I think I will forgo OCI for CL then
Old 12-10-2012, 09:31 AM   #2104
fizbobunny
Mouseketeer

We prefer the Publix on Vineland. Very nice grocery store. Very easy to get to. We love Publix bread especially.

Goodings is very pricey, but is open 24 hours.
Celebrating My Brother's Birthday and Mardi Gras~~~~~~~Legoland, Disney, and DS#2's First Trip
Oct 2013 BWV and Darkside; Oct 2012 - POR AoA LM; Sept./Oct. 2010 - OldestDS First Trip - ASM Family Suite; Aug./Sept. 2005 - Hurricane Katrina Trip - Offsite; Dec. 2004 - My Graduation Trip - Offsite; and many others I can't remember the dates
Old 12-10-2012, 01:14 PM   #2105
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
Thank you, but actually I'm not Jewish, but I wanted to make sure to recognize all our wonderful BWI/BWV posters (and lurkers) who celebrate Hanukkah
You don't have to be Jewish to enjoy donuts and latkes! ;-)

Curious about the PP complaining about the elevators. In all my visits, I don't ever recall having to wait for an elevator, but to be honest, we don't usually go during overly busy times.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #2106
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo View Post
We are booked at the BWI in January CL and after reading that the BW bakery will be closed at that time, I'm wondering if the desserts/pastries served in the lounge won't be as good (especially in the evening). I can't be sure, but I thought that the ones in the lounge were made at the bakery. They were so good. I haven't been a huge fan of some of Disney's club levels but I was impressed with our first visit last January so we booked again this January.
I didn't see anyone give their thoughts on this. It's a good question, they do claim the baked goods in Club are from the Bakery. Maybe the ovens will still be operational during the remodel and that's how they'll also service the additional stand on the Boardwalk? Or maybe they'll bake stuff in Kouzzina? The evening items do come from Kouzzina, so you should be fine there. The question will be breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post

Curious about the PP complaining about the elevators. In all my visits, I don't ever recall having to wait for an elevator, but to be honest, we don't usually go during overly busy times.
Specifically there is that one elevator from the ground floor, I agree when we stayed on the Inn side, that one was slow. Once you're inside the main elevators are quick. On the Villa stay we just did, we were on the fifth floor and those elevators were always quick. There is an entrance to that elevator around the gym, and that one goes from the first floor all the way up to the fifth, but I don't know if you can cross over to the Inn side over the second floor.

Ps -- the one time I do remember waiting on the Inn side for the elevator for a while, we were waiting with WWE wrestler Randy Orton.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 12-10-2012, 10:49 PM   #2107
Kerrio929
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros

The way BWI is set up is that you have to take an elevator down to the lobby level from your room. You then either take stairs down to the outside area or you take an elevator. From the lobby to the lower level there is only 1 elevator. Bc we had a stroller we had to use it. It wasn't horrible but a couple of evenings we had to wait (at one point we were third in line and there were 2 scooter riders behind us). And the elevator is fairly small so a scooter and a large stroller wouldn't fit together. So it was one family up or down at a time. Not the end of the world but a little frustrating.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:42 AM   #2108
teheber
CYCLING IS HOW I ROLL

Flag Family

We are interested in participating in this event(Flag Family). We were wondering at what time does this occur, and with whom does one call to reserve?? Thanks!!

Old 12-11-2012, 12:58 AM   #2109
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teheber View Post
We are interested in participating in this event(Flag Family). We were wondering at what time does this occur, and with whom does one call to reserve?? Thanks!!

That is only available at the Wilderness Lodge, it's not offered at the Boardwalk. There is no way to reserve that before you arrive. When you check into the Wilderness let the CM know you are interested in being the Flag Family during your stay. Then hope that you are chosen.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:17 AM   #2110
teheber
CYCLING IS HOW I ROLL

will be at wilderness lodge as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
That is only available at the Wilderness Lodge, it's not offered at the Boardwalk. There is no way to reserve that before you arrive. When you check into the Wilderness let the CM know you are interested in being the Flag Family during your stay. Then hope that you are chosen.
starting mardi gras week at boardwalk and finishing at the lodge!!

Old 12-11-2012, 07:54 AM   #2111
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Hello and thank you for such an informative thread. I'm usually posting on the Pop FAQ thread because that is where we stay when it's just me and DD going to the World. In March, it will be DH and me so I opted for BWI. That will be more his style and speed.

I booked a standard room. DH will want a quiet room and I thought a standard room might be more quiet than a Boardwalk or water/pool view. Did I guess right?

Also, I did not make any special requests when I booked and I don't know what options will appear when on-line check in becomes available. Can anyone help me out there? I read through a lot of this thread -- particularly the beginning, but I did not get through every single page.

Thanks for any help!

Old 12-11-2012, 11:13 AM   #2112
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrio929 View Post
The way BWI is set up is that you have to take an elevator down to the lobby level from your room. You then either take stairs down to the outside area or you take an elevator. From the lobby to the lower level there is only 1 elevator. Bc we had a stroller we had to use it. It wasn't horrible but a couple of evenings we had to wait (at one point we were third in line and there were 2 scooter riders behind us). And the elevator is fairly small so a scooter and a large stroller wouldn't fit together. So it was one family up or down at a time. Not the end of the world but a little frustrating.
We had the same elevator problems as Kerrio929, and it was in January, a very slow time of year. The elevator that we were dealing with came out near the Flying Fish restaurant. It is likely that the section of the Boardwalk resort that is on the other side of the lobby doesn't have this problem. But it was a real pain in the neck until we found some stairs somewhere.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 12-11-2012, 11:15 AM   #2113
Kerrio929
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi
Hello and thank you for such an informative thread. I'm usually posting on the Pop FAQ thread because that is where we stay when it's just me and DD going to the World. In March, it will be DH and me so I opted for BWI. That will be more his style and speed.

I booked a standard room. DH will want a quiet room and I thought a standard room might be more quiet than a Boardwalk or water/pool view. Did I guess right?

Also, I did not make any special requests when I booked and I don't know what options will appear when on-line check in becomes available. Can anyone help me out there? I read through a lot of this thread -- particularly the beginning, but I did not get through every single page.

Thanks for any help!
We had a standard room, standard view and ended up in a room that overlooked the quiet villa pool. It was sooooo quiet in our room. Only noise was from 9:30-10 every night during Illuminations. The fireworks are very loud at BWI.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:57 PM   #2114
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrio929

That's explains my confusion. I always stay in the villas.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:07 PM   #2115
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

A bit of news from the DVC boards. A DVC member reports that Members Services is telling people that Boardwalk guests will have access to Stormalong Bay while Luna Park Pool is being refurbed.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: