Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 12:08 AM   #1
KCharming
Earning My Ears

Illuminations party

Tonight Alison and I watched illuminations and we started thinking about which way the firework smoke was blowing. This has me worried since she has asthma and I like to breath relatively clean air. Any horror stories we need to know about?
KCharming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:11 AM   #2
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

I'd hate to scare you with a horror story since any location is susceptible to smoke if the wind is blowing that way. The two locations that you hear getting smokey the most often are the UK and France. I think your best bet for the least amount of smoke is Italy, followed by the countries on either side: Morocco, Japan and Germany. Japan is only available for parties of 10 or fewer, but it is probably the least likely to get smoke because the venue is the farthest back from the water.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 12:58 PM   #3
Emily11212
Joe's Bride :-)

Hate to conflict and give a different opinion, but it all depends on the winds that night... I had my DP in France, and it was perfect, not a hint of smoke blew our way. Actually, that night it looked like it was blowing towards Italy (which is where we had wanted it at first but we didn't have enough people). It's kind of the same thing with rain... my sister-in-law's DP was rained out, but my wedding day was the most perfect weather so we got to have it outside. :-)
Old 12-04-2012, 10:35 AM   #4
KCharming
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo
I'd hate to scare you with a horror story since any location is susceptible to smoke if the wind is blowing that way. The two locations that you hear getting smokey the most often are the UK and France. I think your best bet for the least amount of smoke is Italy, followed by the countries on either side: Morocco, Japan and Germany. Japan is only available for parties of 10 or fewer, but it is probably the least likely to get smoke because the venue is the farthest back from the water.
I have heard Italy is one of the best.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:36 AM   #5
KCharming
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily11212
Hate to conflict and give a different opinion, but it all depends on the winds that night... I had my DP in France, and it was perfect, not a hint of smoke blew our way. Actually, that night it looked like it was blowing towards Italy (which is where we had wanted it at first but we didn't have enough people). It's kind of the same thing with rain... my sister-in-law's DP was rained out, but my wedding day was the most perfect weather so we got to have it outside. :-)
Where was your wedding? We are planning ours for Italy!!
Old 12-04-2012, 12:42 PM   #6
SheilaHeartsDisney
Yay Me!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had our dessert party in Italy mid-June and not one bit of smoke came our way. I really didn't notice where it went but I do know it wasn't near us.
SheilaHeartsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:49 PM   #7
sambycat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily11212 View Post
Hate to conflict and give a different opinion, but it all depends on the winds that night...
That's what she said
It depends on the wind

sambycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:56 PM   #8
Emily11212

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCharming View Post
Where was your wedding? We are planning ours for Italy!!
I really wouldn't worry too much... I didn't mean to make you worry!!! I was in Eau de France (the lower french island), and I saw the smoke blowing to my right... which actually might not be Italy... might be America/Japan. Italy is beautiful, we wanted to do it so bad b/c my DH is Italian, but there was some requirement we weren't meeting (either we had too many or too few... I can't remember!). But bottom line, I say do it... it was a phenomenal way to end the day. I wanna do it all over again so bad. I just got our pictures back, and I can't wait for our video!!! :-)
Old 12-06-2012, 03:02 PM   #9
KCharming
Earning My Ears

Quote:

I really wouldn't worry too much... I didn't mean to make you worry!!! I was in Eau de France (the lower french island), and I saw the smoke blowing to my right... which actually might not be Italy... might be America/Japan. Italy is beautiful, we wanted to do it so bad b/c my DH is Italian, but there was some requirement we weren't meeting (either we had too many or too few... I can't remember!). But bottom line, I say do it... it was a phenomenal way to end the day. I wanna do it all over again so bad. I just got our pictures back, and I can't wait for our video!!! :-)
We are actually doing Italy because I am half Italian and well it's beautiful there!! If you don't mine I'd love to see some of your pictures.

I'm not too worried I like the smell of firework smoke and illuminations is a bit boring anyways.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:35 AM   #10
Emily11212

Uhmmm... I feel a little silly and don't know how to put pictures in here... I will have my DH help me this weekend, he's the techy! :-)
Old 12-07-2012, 11:38 PM   #11
KCharming
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Uhmmm... I feel a little silly and don't know how to put pictures in here... I will have my DH help me this weekend, he's the techy! :-)
No worries, I don't know how to do it either. Thanks for sharing I'm advance. I am so excited I don't think this next year will go quick enough.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:34 AM   #12
greenleaves7579
Earning My Ears

I was sat in the Rose and crown once and got hit my exploded firework wrappers! And we were celebrating my dads birthday and ended up with ash on our cake!! But we've sat there before and it was fine but we find it worst during the August - September, when its windy!
greenleaves7579 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: