DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 10:49 AM   #1
Imagineer2Be
Mouseketeer

Planning First Trip Home

So my husband and I are tentatively planning our first trip home around October 6. We have stayed at AK before, but are willing to stay there again (we own there now). But we are debating whether we should try out another resort. What do you recommend? Is this time of year easy to get in at 7 months? What about dining plan? I am leaning against that because we plan to get a 1 bedroom so we will eat in our room some.

We have 220 points from 2012 that we must use next year in addition to 220 for this year (most likely banking those).
Imagineer2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:03 AM   #2
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

During your ownership you will stay at all of the resorts many times over. Just pick one based on which park(s) or activities you plan to visit or do.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:16 PM   #3
Kidanifan08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineer2Be View Post
So my husband and I are tentatively planning our first trip home around October 6. We have stayed at AK before, but are willing to stay there again (we own there now). But we are debating whether we should try out another resort. What do you recommend? Is this time of year easy to get in at 7 months? What about dining plan? I am leaning against that because we plan to get a 1 bedroom so we will eat in our room some.

We have 220 points from 2012 that we must use next year in addition to 220 for this year (most likely banking those).
Home!!

You will be there during the Epcot F&W festival (which, by the way, makes me extremely jealous!). MNSSHP's will be going on as well. It is very difficult to get the Epcot resorts at 7 month during that timeframe, although 1BR's are usually the last to be booked.

Given those popular fall events, I would suggest booking at AKV now so you have something on the books and then see what is available at the 7 month mark. We were able to get into BLT in Oct 2011 on a WL. There have been people who report getting into BWV after the 7 month mark for F&W, but it is very difficult, particularly if you are thinking about more that 2-3 days at the resort. If you want to try OKW or SSR, you would probably have good luck getting into one of those.
POP 2004, POR Oct '08, SSR Jan '09 (first DVC trip!), AKV-K June '09, ASM Oct '09, CBR Jan '10, AKV-K Dec '10, CSR Feb '11, OKW Aug '11, Kidani/BLT Oct '11, BWV/GF Mar '12, Jambo-CL/BLT May/June '12, Kidani Dec '12, BWV Apr '13, BLT/Kidani July '13, Jambo-CL Apr '14, BCV/Kidani July '14, BWV/GF Oct '14, Jambo Dec '14, Yacht Club Feb '15, Jambo-CL July '15

Kidanifan08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: