Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 12:59 PM   #3646
BELLEDOZER
Evil MOM reporting for duty!!

I'd like to ask a question if I may. My DH surprised me on Fri, offering to delay the WDW family trip in 2015 for 1 year so that I could do a solo trip to DL during Christmas 2013. Best Christmas gift ever!! So I'm trying to figure out dates for next year, and wondering if Nov 9th to 14th would be a good time to go. Have to go around DH's work schedule. Does DL have a Veterans day ceremony?? Thanks for your patience, and can't wait to start over planning this trip. I never thought I'd be able to go during Christmastime, so this is a special treat for me. Have loved all the pics and info on this thread. Keep up the greyt work!
Old 12-09-2012, 03:08 PM   #3647
Meriweather
Maybe we will have an arrival or two today
Time to share your chocolate!

We're back. Had a great time.
More crowded than I expected, but we got everything done we wanted to............and can't wait for our next trip in April (DH's birthday trip).
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2012, 04:05 PM   #3648
pixleyyy
DIS Veteran

We're back too. I made a post today with some of the details and observations. I also wrote detailed trip reports each night and will be posting those to my trip report post (found in my signature).
Old 12-09-2012, 08:05 PM   #3649
madbaby
Earning My Ears

Hi! Does anyone have parade viewing tips? How long before should we stake out a spot, and where's a good place to watch? We will be there on Christmas Eve so know there will be large crowds!! But sooo excited!
Old 12-09-2012, 09:47 PM   #3650
pixleyyy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbaby View Post
Hi! Does anyone have parade viewing tips? How long before should we stake out a spot, and where's a good place to watch? We will be there on Christmas Eve so know there will be large crowds!! But sooo excited!
Last Friday we had to arrive 2 hours before parade time to get a seat on the curb. During a busy season I would expect to show up earlier.

There's a section of the parade viewing area that is sit-down only. No strollers are allowed in the section so have to be parked outside, but it's a good section to arrive later and still be able to see. It's located on both sides of main street right before you get to the hub. It's the area near Jolly Holiday Bakery.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:32 AM   #3651
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixleyyy View Post
Last Friday we had to arrive 2 hours before parade time to get a seat on the curb. During a busy season I would expect to show up earlier.

There's a section of the parade viewing area that is sit-down only. No strollers are allowed in the section so have to be parked outside, but it's a good section to arrive later and still be able to see. It's located on both sides of main street right before you get to the hub. It's the area near Jolly Holiday Bakery.
This is the primary reason I purchased the Holiday Tour for my family. The tour itself was fun but worth every $ to me was the VIP parade viewing across from IASWH. (plus walk on to Haunted Mansion and IASWH).

Other than that you need to arrive early. Bret (mvf-m11c) gets the most wonderful parade photographs. I believe he sits right about where the tree is at the hub so the parade is coming down mainstreet right at him.

If I remember correctly the first parade (3 ish) begins back by IASW and ends at MS. The second parade reverses the route. Keep that in mind for your picture taking.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:18 AM   #3652
madbaby
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
This is the primary reason I purchased the Holiday Tour for my family. The tour itself was fun but worth every $ to me was the VIP parade viewing across from IASWH. (plus walk on to Haunted Mansion and IASWH).

Other than that you need to arrive early. Bret (mvf-m11c) gets the most wonderful parade photographs. I believe he sits right about where the tree is at the hub so the parade is coming down mainstreet right at him.

If I remember correctly the first parade (3 ish) begins back by IASW and ends at MS. The second parade reverses the route. Keep that in mind for your picture taking.
Thank you! We are WDW fans but have never been to DL. Might as well start on the busiest day of the year right?!
Old 12-10-2012, 11:30 AM   #3653
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=03b0e3304d

Pictures from DisBaby's first trip. Just got back last night...but both of us seemed to have caught a cough so we're at home recovering.
Photopass+ pics to come and TR being written.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:41 AM   #3654
sweettea
Earning My Ears

Talking Surf Merch?

Hi everyone!
First, thanks to everyone who is posting, I really enjoy reading about DL around christmastime - my boyfriend and I leave in two weeks and it's our first time being there during any of the holidays! Hopefully it won't be terribly crowded

I have a question about merchandise - for people that are there, will be there soon, or are just returning. Is all the merch seasonal? I just started a new job and have to get christmas presents for my boss and coworker. They are both really into surfing, hawaiian culture, that kind of stuff. I remember seeing a couple surf-themed pieces last time I was there in the summer, but has anyone seen anything recently? If so, where? I would LOVE to get them some sort of Disney-themed surf items....

Thank you SO MUCH if you can help me out Safe travels to everyone!
Old 12-10-2012, 10:39 PM   #3655
StyledSugar
Love The Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by luulu1999 View Post
Our trip is getting closer!!! We will be leaving in two weeks!!!!! I am planning on the next two weekends getting our things packed to make absolute sure not to forget anything!!!!!!

OUR FIRST TRIP EVER!!!!! SOOOO EXCITED!!!!!
Very exciting!! You will love DL!! We leave two weeks today and we are beyond excited! My kids were both saying tonight "two weeks from tonight we will be in the park right now!" This weekend will be laundry weekend (after the family that is coming leaves lol) and then we'll be in the home stretch. Can't wait!! Enjoy your trip!

DLR: 1980, 1985, 1987, February 2006, September 2010, October-November 2011, Christmas 2012

My wonderful family:
DH Me DD 15 DS 11
Old 12-11-2012, 07:48 AM   #3656
tylerandalexsmom
Seriously addicted to Disney

I just love reading this thread! This is our first trip to DLR (been to WDW many times), and it is a surprise for our kids! One week from tomorrow I will be letting them open "one" present - which is an "I'm going to the Disneyland Resort" tshirt for each of them! Yea! Can't wait! Thank you to everyone for all the great info!

For those of you who have been recently (or are there now) - is there any 2012 merch left in the parks at all?
MK Dec 1972 (me) WDW/All Star Movies May 2003 WDW/All Star Movies Apr 2007 WDW/NSSHP/Caribbean Beach Resort (Pirate room!) Sept 2009 Polynesian/Dream Cruise/WDW/CBR Pirate room Oct 2011 WDW Christmas 2011

Old 12-11-2012, 08:34 AM   #3657
mshrm
Mouseketeer

I listened to the podcast and heard about the special treats! How much do the sugar cookies cost and are they character shapes? Also I didn't hear any mention of the tamales, do they have them this year?
Old 12-11-2012, 11:04 AM   #3658
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

DisBaby's First Trip to Disneyland...at Christmastime...trip report now fully active!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post46902284
Old 12-11-2012, 11:15 AM   #3659
luulu1999
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StyledSugar View Post
Very exciting!! You will love DL!! We leave two weeks today and we are beyond excited! My kids were both saying tonight "two weeks from tonight we will be in the park right now!" This weekend will be laundry weekend (after the family that is coming leaves lol) and then we'll be in the home stretch. Can't wait!! Enjoy your trip!
Thanks enjoy yours also!!...My kids are 4 and 5 so they don't really understand time and all that so I made a countdown with mickey ears on our wall so every night we take one off so they can tell it's getting closer!! I got all of our laundry done last weekend and got most of my kids stuff together this weekend were getting haircuts and stuff and finishing packing because I have to work up until the day we leave!! I think I am just as excited if not more than my kids...I just can't wait to see there faces!!!!

Christmas 2012-1st Disneyland trip-hopefully many more to come

Old 12-11-2012, 11:16 AM   #3660
luulu1999
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerandalexsmom View Post
I just love reading this thread! This is our first trip to DLR (been to WDW many times), and it is a surprise for our kids! One week from tomorrow I will be letting them open "one" present - which is an "I'm going to the Disneyland Resort" tshirt for each of them! Yea! Can't wait! Thank you to everyone for all the great info!

For those of you who have been recently (or are there now) - is there any 2012 merch left in the parks at all?
I really wish I could have kept ours a secret but I just couldn't lol

Christmas 2012-1st Disneyland trip-hopefully many more to come

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: