DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 10:30 AM   #16
BabsBunny
Mouseketeer
 
BabsBunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Central New York
Posts: 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmillerbarilla View Post
This is a hard decision. The BW is a great resort though!

I bet the hot tub will be crowded near the quiet pool, but there is one on the Inn side too. I personally wouldn't golf cart it over to BC or YC for the hot tub.

The location of the resort for dining I think outweighs the pool being closed. But it is all about what your family prefers! It is a hard choice!
Thanks for your thoughts, hmiller. Thinking about it, if it's too chilly to use the pool, then it will be chilly going outside in a bathing suit to use the hot tub too. There is always the room jacuzzi for an after-park soak.

It's just my husband and I on a three night getaway, so we are flexible. If we get lucky and have some warm weather, we can always hop over to SAB for a couple hours in the afternoon. While at VWL, we used the quiet pool everyday and never even got to the main pool, so I don't think we are going to miss the actual main pool at BWV.
__________________
Disney -- We have a love/hate thing. It's complicated.

DVC Fan and AKV Owner
BabsBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:34 AM   #17
hmillerbarilla
DIS Veteran
 
hmillerbarilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chicago area, Illinois
Posts: 2,237

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabsBunny View Post
Thanks for your thoughts, hmiller. Thinking about it, if it's too chilly to use the pool, then it will be chilly going outside in a bathing suit to use the hot tub too. There is always the room jacuzzi for an after-park soak.

It's just my husband and I on a three night getaway, so we are flexible. If we get lucky and have some warm weather, we can always hop over to SAB for a couple hours in the afternoon. While at VWL, we used the quiet pool everyday and never even got to the main pool, so I don't think we are going to miss the actual main pool at BWV.
Hope you have a great vacation!

My DH and I are doing a 3 night getaway without kids in Jan at BWV! We are really looking forward to it, and planned for BW because of dining as well!
__________________
Me, DH DD 10 DS 7 DD 4
82, 86, 91-Poly, 94-CBR, 95-CBR, 97-CBR, 98-CR/CBR, 99-CBR, 02-POFQ, 04-CBR, 05-CBR, 06-ASMu, 06-CBR, 07-CBR, 08-BWV, 09-Poly/GF, 09-POP/OKW,10-POR/WL/BLT,10-SSR/CR/BLT,10-OKW,10-YC/BCV, 11-BWV/OKW/BCV, 12-POR/BLT, 12-SSR, 12-AKV/BLT,12-SSR, 13-BWV, 13-AKV, 13-CBR, 13-CSR, 14-AKV/SSR, 14-CBR/POFQ, 14-ASsp,
14-BCV/OKW, 14-CBR
hmillerbarilla is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-11-2012, 10:39 AM   #18
BabsBunny
Mouseketeer
 
BabsBunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Central New York
Posts: 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmillerbarilla View Post
Hope you have a great vacation!

My DH and I are doing a 3 night getaway without kids in Jan at BWV! We are really looking forward to it, and planned for BW because of dining as well!
Have fun! (And I see you are from Chicago, so Jan/Feb in Florida will be tropical to you too. )
__________________
Disney -- We have a love/hate thing. It's complicated.

DVC Fan and AKV Owner
BabsBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #19
SDSorority
I was traumatized as a child by Magic Journeys and The Haunted Mansion. **I have a LGMH with me at all times.** {Is it Podcast day yet??}
 
SDSorority's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The home of the Buckeyes! 975 Miles too far away from Epcot.
Posts: 3,191

Maybe they're taking down the horrid clown!!!
__________________
Me- DH- ~*~My "hippie" blog (Gluten-free, Soy-free)~*~ Allergy Food Pictures Thread
FIRST ride on TOT Video World Showcase Passport Video : Embarrassing WDW Parasailing Video Pick A Pearl EPCOT Video
'88, '93-Offsite, '06, 07-Swan, 2008-ASMu, 2010-ASMo, 2011-SSR/POP, 2012- Canada Pavilion inspired trip to Calgary/Banff, 2013- BWV, 2014- Saving money and going to Miami

Planning a trip for 2015. Not sure where to stay yet.... probably either BC or the Poly Villas if they're done by then
SDSorority is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:06 PM   #20
paults
HOME IS WHERE BWV IS
 
paults's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: delaware
Posts: 3,402

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSorority View Post
Maybe they're taking down the horrid clown!!!
leave our clown alone it keeps people away.
__________________
AAH HOME
paults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:09 AM   #21
SDSorority
I was traumatized as a child by Magic Journeys and The Haunted Mansion. **I have a LGMH with me at all times.** {Is it Podcast day yet??}
 
SDSorority's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The home of the Buckeyes! 975 Miles too far away from Epcot.
Posts: 3,191

Quote:
Originally Posted by paults View Post
leave our clown alone it keeps people away.
__________________
Me- DH- ~*~My "hippie" blog (Gluten-free, Soy-free)~*~ Allergy Food Pictures Thread
FIRST ride on TOT Video World Showcase Passport Video : Embarrassing WDW Parasailing Video Pick A Pearl EPCOT Video
'88, '93-Offsite, '06, 07-Swan, 2008-ASMu, 2010-ASMo, 2011-SSR/POP, 2012- Canada Pavilion inspired trip to Calgary/Banff, 2013- BWV, 2014- Saving money and going to Miami

Planning a trip for 2015. Not sure where to stay yet.... probably either BC or the Poly Villas if they're done by then
SDSorority is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:19 PM   #22
hmillerbarilla
DIS Veteran
 
hmillerbarilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chicago area, Illinois
Posts: 2,237

Just wanted to add that I got a letter from the BoardWalk informing me that the pool closes tomorrow, Jan 2.

We arrive on the 14th. Looking forward to the quiet pool's hot tub....
__________________
Me, DH DD 10 DS 7 DD 4
82, 86, 91-Poly, 94-CBR, 95-CBR, 97-CBR, 98-CR/CBR, 99-CBR, 02-POFQ, 04-CBR, 05-CBR, 06-ASMu, 06-CBR, 07-CBR, 08-BWV, 09-Poly/GF, 09-POP/OKW,10-POR/WL/BLT,10-SSR/CR/BLT,10-OKW,10-YC/BCV, 11-BWV/OKW/BCV, 12-POR/BLT, 12-SSR, 12-AKV/BLT,12-SSR, 13-BWV, 13-AKV, 13-CBR, 13-CSR, 14-AKV/SSR, 14-CBR/POFQ, 14-ASsp,
14-BCV/OKW, 14-CBR
hmillerbarilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:41 PM   #23
Buckalew11
2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: East Tn
Posts: 15,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmillerbarilla View Post
Just wanted to add that I got a letter from the BoardWalk informing me that the pool closes tomorrow, Jan 2.

We arrive on the 14th. Looking forward to the quiet pool's hot tub....
I got a letter this week from Disney telling me that the slide at SAB will be rehabbed during my visit and that we could use the Luna pool during our visit! They would provide bus service over there.

We own at BCV and rarely ever use SAB. We do enjoy the quiet pool though.
__________________
Brenda: DISing since 2/2000


There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of everyday
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
And tomorrow is just a dream away
Buckalew11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:07 PM   #24
Disney Princess
Member Since Day 1
I am just the "organized" one
 
Disney Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Back in Texas
Posts: 2,579

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckalew11 View Post
I got a letter this week from Disney telling me that the slide at SAB will be rehabbed during my visit and that we could use the Luna pool during our visit! They would provide bus service over there.

We own at BCV and rarely ever use SAB. We do enjoy the quiet pool though.
I got the same letter! I wrote on the DVC resorts board about the confusion, and I was told Luna Park would remain open until January 28. Hmmmmm....
Disney Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #25
erionm
DIS Veteran
 
erionm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Longwood, FL
Posts: 12,221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Princess View Post
I got the same letter! I wrote on the DVC resorts board about the confusion, and I was told Luna Park would remain open until January 28. Hmmmmm....
Daddio from David's Vacation Club Rentals (DVCByRequest.com) is currently at BWV and has confirmed with BWV Management that the Luna Park Pool will not closed until 1/28 and BWV Guests can use SAB during the closure.
__________________
Michael
erionm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #26
Daddio
David's Vacation Club Rentals
 
Daddio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Usually at WDW
Posts: 1,441

DISboards Approved Advertiser

Smile

I am sitting at Luna Park Pool right now. The pool will close on January 28, 2013. Leaping Horse Libations will also be closed during this time.

The bakery is open but will close on January 5, 2013. They have a temporary tent set up between Joe's and To Go. The new bakery will expand into the existing arcade and a bit of the ESPN club. It is reported that the menu will increase in size significantly and that there will be a few tables inside.

~ David
__________________
Try our Points Calculator: .................Points Calculator
Try our Dining Plan Price Calculator: ..Price Calculator
Join Us on Facebook: .......................Facebook
Better Business Bureau Accredited: ..BBB


Daddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:53 PM   #27
Disney Princess
Member Since Day 1
I am just the "organized" one
 
Disney Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Back in Texas
Posts: 2,579

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
Daddio from David's Vacation Club Rentals (DVCByRequest.com) is currently at BWV and has confirmed with BWV Management that the Luna Park Pool will not closed until 1/28 and BWV Guests can use SAB during the closure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddio View Post
I am sitting at Luna Park Pool right now. The pool will close on January 28, 2013. Leaping Horse Libations will also be closed during this time.

The bakery is open but will close on January 5, 2013. They have a temporary tent set up between Joe's and To Go. The new bakery will expand into the existing arcade and a bit of the ESPN club. It is reported that the menu will increase in size significantly and that there will be a few tables inside.

~ David
David, I hope you're enjoying your time by the pool. I didn't mean to imply that I didn't believe you. I just think it is interesting that DVC sent a letter with wrong information; it appears they don't know what is happening at the resorts. OR, perhaps with SAB's quick rehab of the slide, they decided to delay at Luna Park. Either way, I believe you that it is open, but I think it odd that the letter has the wrong date. I hope no one changed their resort based on the wrong date being sent out.
Disney Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #28
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...
 
LSchrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: no longer tagless on Long Island
Posts: 4,866

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddio View Post
I am sitting at Luna Park Pool right now. ~ David
ahhhhhh
when life is that good, it is hard to worry about anything

__________________
laurie °o°
09/25-10/05/2014 BWV because home is where the BWVs are...
LSchrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #29
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples
 
DebbieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: PA
Posts: 46,231

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddio View Post
I am sitting at Luna Park Pool right now. The pool will close on January 28, 2013. Leaping Horse Libations will also be closed during this time.

The bakery is open but will close on January 5, 2013. They have a temporary tent set up between Joe's and To Go. The new bakery will expand into the existing arcade and a bit of the ESPN club. It is reported that the menu will increase in size significantly and that there will be a few tables inside.

~ David
Awesome news! That's my one complaint about BWV, lack of real quick service.
__________________
DebbieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:50 AM   #30
vdub322
Are we there yet?
 
vdub322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: State College, Pennsylvania
Posts: 411

I am relieved to get confirmation this morning in the form of a letter that Stormalong Bay will be available to us staying at BWI and BWV starting on January 28th. This replaces the letter I got last week offering the quiet pool. I guess we made enough "noise" calling them about it!!
__________________
Me DH DD14 DD4



vdub322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.