Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012, 09:03 AM   #1
eparri01
Earning My Ears

Exclamation Lookalike E-Submission Experience - Please Read!

I am a new member to DISboards and I wasn't sure where to post this thread. But anyway, I did not apply to Disney through the CP program, I applied through their E-Submissions on the audition website for Character Lookalike. I can't find anyone who has been through what I have so I wanted to ask a few questions to find somebody!!!
I applied via. e-submission with a head shot and resume for the position of a character lookalike. Disney Casting emailed me back 3 different times asking for more pics and asking different questions. On the third time they sent me a script for a certain character role asking for me to send in an audition video... I sent it in and received a phone call a week later (on a Tuesday) with a woman making me a 'Conditional Offer' and she gave me a TON of information asking me to think about a full-time character performer position and then she proceeded to tell me I should be expecting a phone interview with the lady over hiring at WDW before the weekend..... she also told me if I had any questions to call her personal line and leave a message....Well, it's now Sunday and the wait is killing me. I called and left a breif message to make sure I should still be expecting a call and to let her know I would love to take a full-time position and could move ASAP. I have do have a bit of a southern accent, but in my audition video it was not evident at all...I am scared that my accent affected their views of me... And I am scared they aren't going to call me back... I have NO IDEA when to expect the call or what is going on... Has anybody else had an e-submission experience? Has anyone ever had Disney NOT call them back? I am so confused and I have never heard of this happening to anyone!! I desperately want this job!!!! Please reply if you know anything about the e-submission experience.....
Old 12-03-2012, 12:43 PM   #2
Spo0nfulofSugar
Impatiently waiting for College

I don't know about the e-submissions and how differently they work, but I wouldn't worry. It sounds like they were very interested in you and I don't think your accent made a difference. Many people have had this happen to them before-if you've already called and left a message, I would advise to just wait it out. Most likely you're just anxious and they will get back to you. Congratulations though! So jealous
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 07:39 AM   #3
eparri01
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spo0nfulofSugar View Post
I don't know about the e-submissions and how differently they work, but I wouldn't worry. It sounds like they were very interested in you and I don't think your accent made a difference. Many people have had this happen to them before-if you've already called and left a message, I would advise to just wait it out. Most likely you're just anxious and they will get back to you. Congratulations though! So jealous

Thank you so much for replying!! They still haven't called me but I've been waiting for a reply to this thread so that makes me feel better!!!! I just hate that it's been a week since they've contacted me... I hope they didn't forget and still want me lol ahhhh!!! But thank you very much! Ill reply if they ever call me haha
Old 12-04-2012, 02:13 PM   #4
Spo0nfulofSugar
Impatiently waiting for College

No problem! If it gets to be a VERY long time, it's really up to your own judgement whether or not to call. I've just heard lots of stories around this thread-Disney is notorious for not calling back by the time they say they will. Yes, please do! I'll probably worry almost as much as you until they call
Old 12-06-2012, 10:02 AM   #5
eparri01
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spo0nfulofSugar
No problem! If it gets to be a VERY long time, it's really up to your own judgement whether or not to call. I've just heard lots of stories around this thread-Disney is notorious for not calling back by the time they say they will. Yes, please do! I'll probably worry almost as much as you until they call
Well I got an email yesterday (Wednesday) asking me to fill out an application that required a code to fill out, then they sent me a request for a phone interview this morning... So I scheduled it for Monday at 10:00 am!!! I'm happy I finally know what's going on now, but it's confusing!! Haha It looks like I might be competing for the position, but they made me a 'conditional offer' so I'm not sure what to think!!! I will reply again and let you know how my interview goes!!! Haha!
Old 12-08-2012, 09:57 PM   #6
IdobelieveinDisney
Earning My Ears

I hope you get it, good luck :3
IdobelieveinDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:52 AM   #7
IheartMickey
I have not been blessed by the tag fairy!

Good luck!
IheartMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:42 PM   #8
eparri01
Earning My Ears

Thanks guys!!! Ill let you know!!! I've been practicing my questions and answers all day!!! Haha
Old 12-10-2012, 06:59 PM   #9
eparri01
Earning My Ears

I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!! Full-time and they offered me classes for a face character! woooo! I just desperately need a roommate or I may not be able to move down If you guys know of people moving please let me know!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 01:01 AM   #10
IdobelieveinDisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by eparri01 View Post
I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!! Full-time and they offered me classes for a face character! woooo! I just desperately need a roommate or I may not be able to move down If you guys know of people moving please let me know!!!
Congrats!
IdobelieveinDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:56 AM   #11
Vemnox
The Mayor

Way to go!
Fall 2007 to December 2009 - Guest Relations / VIP Tour Guide
June 2006 to December 2009 - Finance (Cross-U)

...now happily back home after over 3 great years with the Mouse!

Trips since:
December 2011
December 2012

Future:
TBD 2014
Vemnox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:26 AM   #12
AnimalKingdomDVC
Earning My Ears

congrats!! I am moving down to do the DCP I am heading down January 6. There are a lot of us moving down then. Have you checked and joined in the Facebook sites for an apartment or roommate?

Disney College Program
~Spring 2013 Concierge~
AnimalKingdomDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:37 AM   #13
eparri01
Earning My Ears

No I have not joined any of those groups!! I can't find them because I am not apart of the CP.... I need a place so bad!!!!!!!!!! haha! Could you post the links to them on here or invite me to them on facebook? My facebook is Erin Parris from ROME, GA, goes to Lee University, and my profile picture is two girls (one with blonde hair and one with brown hair) standing in front of a Christmas tree! I realllllly need help! Thank you so much for letting me know!! :D
Old 12-13-2012, 08:22 AM   #14
AnimalKingdomDVC
Earning My Ears

https://www.facebook.com/groups/217859881623225/

Disney College Program
~Spring 2013 Concierge~
AnimalKingdomDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:30 AM   #15
eparri01
Earning My Ears

No wonder I couldn't find it... It's a closed group!! Thank you so much! Hopefully I can find people living off of the disney property!

Tags
esubmissions, interview, jobs, questions

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: