Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 11:12 AM   #1
Gedd
Earning My Ears

MCO Towncar Recommendation

My wife and I are headed to Universal Orlando this weekend. We have the trip all setup, just trying to finalize our transportation to/from the airport. I've used Mears in the past for all my Disney trips, but our time is pretty short this weekend, so we don't want to deal with losing time waiting on shuttles, multiple stops, etc.

I did a search here and seen a lot of references to Tiffany towncar, but some of the experiences seem mixed (I see a recent management change mentioned somewhat frequently), and Yelp seems to agree. I did some searching around, and also found one site (***************) mentioning Orlando Airport Towncar Service as a great option. Yelp reviews are all 5-star, but there's only 6 or 7 of them. Those two sites also seem to be the only places that have reviewed them as well (there's no mention of them here).

Has anyone used either Orlando Airport Towncar Service or Tiffany recently that could say good or bad about their experience? Or any other companies that you'd recommend?
Gedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:15 AM   #2
Eponine1
DIS Veteran

I just used Tiffany for the second year in a row on November 9th and 17th to the Polynesian and back.

They were wonderful! I had no problems booking them. They showed up early and both drivers where very nice.

I would use them again in the future.

I hope this helps.
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 09:44 AM   #3
Gedd
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the response, it does help.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:04 AM   #4
LoveWDW
DIS Veteran

I used Tiffany 2 years ago and had no complaints, and I have engaged them again for this year, and they have been accommodating and courteous so far.
LoveWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:09 PM   #5
tjmw2727
Enjoys "mom and me" trips
May just have to dance!

I used Florida Tours to Universal over Thanksgiving and the service was great. Took advantage of the 30 minute grocery stop, the driver was courteous and the car was spotless. On the return the driver was already outside when we headed out - about 10 minutes early

TJ
tjmw2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:42 AM   #6
gwynne
DIS Veteran

I used Tiffany 3 times this past year. No "mixed" results at all. They were great. One of my trips I was a couple of hours late due to a delayed flight. No problem, they had tracked my flight and were waiting for me when I arrived.

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:35 AM   #7
Gedd
Earning My Ears

Thanks again everyone for the recommendations. We booked with Tiffany and had a great experience. Our driver was courteous, prompt, and very friendly. It was also nice being able to stop quickly at the local Publix to pick up water and snacks at regular prices instead of the usual high markup in the parks/hotels.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: