Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2012, 10:27 AM   #31
mom2maggie
DIS Veteran

So as long as you have your insurance information, you can decline their insurance?

Me DH DD8 DD4
mom2maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:09 AM   #32
mom2maggie
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to update with our Sixt experience! The shuttle arrived fairly quickly to the airport, and it was a really short ride there. It took about 30 minutes total to get our car once we got there. The holdup was that there were two couples that had issues with their reservations, so two of the agents were tied up with them. Once I got to a free agent, I gave them my car insurance info, driver's license, and they assigned my car. Very quick! The car was very nice (Toyota Camry) and clean. When we returned the car, we didn't have directions back from them, but put the return address info into my phone, and the directions were pretty clear. Took about 5 minutes total to return the car, and the shuttle bus waited for us. Dropped us off in the right place and we were set to go! Pretty seamless transaction, and as long as the prices stay right, we'll probably rent from them again. They would need to have competitive prices to lure people away from the rental agencies with presence at the airport, but all in all, pretty good!

Me DH DD8 DD4
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2012, 08:28 AM   #33
jgraney106
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2maggie View Post
Just wanted to update with our Sixt experience! The shuttle arrived fairly quickly to the airport, and it was a really short ride there. It took about 30 minutes total to get our car once we got there. The holdup was that there were two couples that had issues with their reservations, so two of the agents were tied up with them. Once I got to a free agent, I gave them my car insurance info, driver's license, and they assigned my car. Very quick! The car was very nice (Toyota Camry) and clean. When we returned the car, we didn't have directions back from them, but put the return address info into my phone, and the directions were pretty clear. Took about 5 minutes total to return the car, and the shuttle bus waited for us. Dropped us off in the right place and we were set to go! Pretty seamless transaction, and as long as the prices stay right, we'll probably rent from them again. They would need to have competitive prices to lure people away from the rental agencies with presence at the airport, but all in all, pretty good!
When you show proof of insurance, can you just bring an insurance card from your own vehicle, or do you have to have the actual policy pages that come with the insurance cards?Thanks for the info!
jgraney106 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:29 AM   #34
tevisco4
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if SIXT will rent child car seats? I don't see the option on their website, so just curious if anyone saw them at the rental location. Thanks!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:41 AM   #35
skelooch
DIS Veteran

I rented from Sixt 2 weeks ago, without any issues. Car was new and clean. I did not have to show any proof of insurance, but was asked if I would like their insurance which I declined, not pressured at all.
I usually rent from Alamo, and enjoy the quick check in using the kiosks, and on site cars, so it did take longer to get the car and be on my way. But saving several hundred dollars made it worth while.
I would definitely use them again.

2003 Feb-BCV, May-BCV, Oct-BCV++++2004 Feb-BCV, Mar-BCV, May-BCV, Nov-BCV
2005 Mar-BCV,May-BCV, Sep-BCV, Nov-BCV++++2006 Feb-BCV,May-VB,VWL & BCV,Sep-BCV,Nov-BCV
2007 Feb-BCV,May-BCV,May-OKW,Sep-BCV,Nov-OKW++++2008 Feb-BCV, May-OKW, Aug-BCV, Nov-BCV
2009 Feb-BCV, May-BCV, Aug-OKW, Sep-OKW, Nov-BCV++++ 2010 Feb-BLT&OKW, Apr-OKW, May-OKW, Jul-OKW, Sep-BCV, Nov-BCV
2011 Feb-OKW, May- OKW, Aug-AKV, Sep-OKW, Oct-OKW, Nov-OKW
2012 Feb-OKW, May-OKW, Aug-BCV, Sep-OKW, Nov-OKW, Dec-OKW
2013 Jan, Feb, April, May, Jul, Oct, Nov,
skelooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #36
pr surfer
Beaches and Beers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraney106 View Post
When you show proof of insurance, can you just bring an insurance card from your own vehicle, or do you have to have the actual policy pages that come with the insurance cards?Thanks for the info!
The cards have generally been enough for me. Sometimes the rental company will call your insurer to verify that their car is covered.
"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum."
pr surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:14 AM   #37
mom2maggie
DIS Veteran

I just took my State Farm insurance card (that I normally keep in my car at home) and it was sufficient.

Me DH DD8 DD4
Old 07-17-2012, 05:02 PM   #38
neuend1
Mouseketeer

SIXT Rental for Elderly

Would you recommend SIXT for a 70-year old (young-feeling) woman that has arthritis, fused ankle, and not-so-good at lifting heavy things? I will be going on vacation alone Dec 2012 to Orlando (do this quite often). There will be nobody to help me with my 21"carry-on, 25" suitcase, and walker. Normally, I don't have anyone to help but the car rental garage is right across the street. I will be renting a mid-size SUV. I normally rent with National and take a SUV off their lot. So I just get my luggage from the carousel, put it on top of my walker and walk out to the garage. I pick out a car, load the luggage, and away I go.
So do you see any problems with renting from SIXT?
neuend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:32 PM   #39
TheMorgans
Mouseketeer

Any other reviews on Sixt?

It seems the bad reviews come from newbies to Dis.

I have a resi with Sixt and Alamo but my Sixt is 1/2 the price of Alamo with the Costco codes. I have no problem taking/showing my insurance info.

Keep the review coming.

TheMorgans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:27 AM   #40
chefcalderitas
Earning My Ears

Angry Sixt, Worst Experience Ever

It is extremely uncomfortable for me to write down this lines, as I cannot explain how furious I am at this point.
I rented a car from Sixt for the fifth time but now in Mexico City, as always, I prepaid online and charged it to my credit card, and as always, I purchased all protections even when you include a basic insurance, for the first four times I rented, everything was great, great service and enjoyed a lot, but this time, let me tell you that I was treated like dirt, after booking and paying, I called the Mexico offices to find out where is Sixt located at the airport and some other doubts, the lady who answered told me that even with all the insurances bought, tires, mirrors and windows were not covered (what kind of false confirmations you are sending out where you missed to mention that), but at the end I drive carefully and had no further issues with that, she explained to me that I had to go to your counter, then accompany someone to see the car and then accompany somebody else to the counter and then they will hand over the car (at night, sorry but I donīt trust you to drive me around in that city). I booked a GPS, as Mexico City is one of the most dangerous cities in the world and wouldnīt want to get lost and finally when I arrived, located the counter and the person told me that you ran out of GPS (terrible for someone who prepaid) but it seemed not to bother so much the clerk so I asked the clerk to cancel the reservation and refund me my money, he just told me ok, but I needed a proof that you were going to do that, but he didnīt know how to do that so asked me my copy of the reservation and wrote whatever needed to make that. At this point I havenīt received my reimbursment.
chefcalderitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:00 PM   #41
MAYNARDS99
DIS Veteran

Any one have current experience with Sixt?

Wow, their rates for December 2013 are great!

I'm concerned about bad experiences though.

Yacht Club DEC13
Beach Club concierge (suite upgrade) JAN13
Coronado Springs OCT11 & SEP12
Hilton Bonnet Creek, Royal Pacific (suite upgrade) AsMU SEP10
SSR 1 Bedroom SEP09 (free dining and upgrade)
Wilderness Lodge/Royal Pacific (concierge upgrade) SEP08
Grand Californian DEC07 (theme park view upgrade)
Port Orleans Riverside Alligator Bayou SEP05
Contemporary (MK view Tower Club upgrade) NOV03
Ritz-Carlton NOV03
Portofino Bay Hotel Deluxe NOV01
Polynesian (concierge upgrade) NOV99
Wilderness Lodge Deluxe OCT98
Off Site - Disneyland Paris JUL93
Off Site - WDW JAN88
Contemporary MK view Tower JUL74
MAYNARDS99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #42
EWL
In Pursuit of Enchanted Tiki Birds

Righhhtttt.... because complaining about Mexico with your first post ever on the Disboards makes soooo much sense.

Would also appreciate some additional recent (legitimate) reviews.

Looking in December and they are SO much less than the big chains, it seems too good to be true. I'm already not liking this bit about "proving" you have insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefcalderitas View Post
It is extremely uncomfortable for me to write down this lines, as I cannot explain how furious I am at this point.
I rented a car from Sixt for the fifth time but now in Mexico City, as always, I prepaid online and charged it to my credit card, and as always, I purchased all protections even when you include a basic insurance, for the first four times I rented, everything was great, great service and enjoyed a lot, but this time, let me tell you that I was treated like dirt, after booking and paying, I called the Mexico offices to find out where is Sixt located at the airport and some other doubts, the lady who answered told me that even with all the insurances bought, tires, mirrors and windows were not covered (what kind of false confirmations you are sending out where you missed to mention that), but at the end I drive carefully and had no further issues with that, she explained to me that I had to go to your counter, then accompany someone to see the car and then accompany somebody else to the counter and then they will hand over the car (at night, sorry but I donīt trust you to drive me around in that city). I booked a GPS, as Mexico City is one of the most dangerous cities in the world and wouldnīt want to get lost and finally when I arrived, located the counter and the person told me that you ran out of GPS (terrible for someone who prepaid) but it seemed not to bother so much the clerk so I asked the clerk to cancel the reservation and refund me my money, he just told me ok, but I needed a proof that you were going to do that, but he didnīt know how to do that so asked me my copy of the reservation and wrote whatever needed to make that. At this point I havenīt received my reimbursment.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:30 PM   #43
MAYNARDS99
DIS Veteran

I have joined the Sixt frequent renter program, and have a prepaid rental in December 2013. I have no problem showing my insurance information. I always bring my insurance card anyways. (Wouldn't you want to have it if you were in an accident?)

I will report back here when we return.

Yacht Club DEC13
Beach Club concierge (suite upgrade) JAN13
Coronado Springs OCT11 & SEP12
Hilton Bonnet Creek, Royal Pacific (suite upgrade) AsMU SEP10
SSR 1 Bedroom SEP09 (free dining and upgrade)
Wilderness Lodge/Royal Pacific (concierge upgrade) SEP08
Grand Californian DEC07 (theme park view upgrade)
Port Orleans Riverside Alligator Bayou SEP05
Contemporary (MK view Tower Club upgrade) NOV03
Ritz-Carlton NOV03
Portofino Bay Hotel Deluxe NOV01
Polynesian (concierge upgrade) NOV99
Wilderness Lodge Deluxe OCT98
Off Site - Disneyland Paris JUL93
Off Site - WDW JAN88
Contemporary MK view Tower JUL74
MAYNARDS99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: