Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 09:38 PM   #1
ariamac
Mouseketeer

2nd Day in Epcot or MK?

... as the title reads... what would you do? I am planning my first solo trip!

Technically, the question should be where do I go on my first day?! I have 5 park tickets, will spend 1 in each park... and have a left over ticket I'm planning on using the day I arrive. I arrive at noon and Epcot closes at 9pm, MK has EMH til 11pm. I'm torn between Epcot and MK. I love both parks, and I don't know what I'd prefer to do my first day.

Thoughts??

"Never look back. If Cinderella went back to pick up her shoe, she wouldn't have become a princess."
ariamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:08 AM   #2
stindall
Congress Tart

Do you have hoppers? If you do I'd go to Epcot then hop over to MK for the EMH. If not I'd probably go to Epcot. Since you've traveled that day you'll get back to the hotel a little earlier and get some sleep. However, if late EMH is important and sleep isn't then MK it is!

Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop
Dec. 2009 surprise for dad (aka worst trip ever) @ Pop
Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop
Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip!
and many other trips throughout my childhood!

stindall is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2012, 06:34 AM   #3
Bothepro24
Mouseketeer

Smile Solo trip

I do solo trips about 5-6 times a year, I have used single park tickets, park hoppers and annual week day select for Florida resident. Solo trips are fun, the key is to have a park hopper, you can come and go as YOU see fit, visit two-three parks each day at whatever time you want, take advantage of single rider lines and just do what you want. Planning is simple, be ready to "wing it" and you'll have more fun than any predetermined planning you may have. So take those park tickets you aleady have, add the park hopper option, and you'll see the cost was well worth it.
Bothepro24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:22 AM   #4
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

I was going to suggest park hoppers as well. That way, you can do both MK and EP in the same day. Or any other park if you want. Going solo is great at times. You get to do what you want, when and how you want. No one to slow you down if they are tired or arguing what ride to do next.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #5
ludari
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariamac View Post
... as the title reads... what would you do? I am planning my first solo trip!

Technically, the question should be where do I go on my first day?! I have 5 park tickets, will spend 1 in each park... and have a left over ticket I'm planning on using the day I arrive. I arrive at noon and Epcot closes at 9pm, MK has EMH til 11pm. I'm torn between Epcot and MK. I love both parks, and I don't know what I'd prefer to do my first day.

Thoughts??
I do enjoy hanging out at Epcot but I enjoy the rides at MK more so I would say MK.
DLR/DCA - Too many times to count; Tokyo Disneyland-Aug 1986; DCL Magic WBTA-Sept 2010; DCL Wonder Cruise to Nowhere-Jan 2011; DCL Wonder Mexican Rivera Cruise-Jan 2011; Princess Half Marathon-Feb 2011; DLR 5K & Half Marathon-Sept 2011; DCL Wonder Repo Cruise-Sept 2011; Wine&Dine Half Marathon-Oct 2011; WDW 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Princess 5K & Half Marathon-Feb 2012; DCL Fantasy Maiden Cruise-Mar 2012; Expedition Everest Challenge-May 2012; DLR Half Marathon-Sept 2012; Disney/Pixar Wonder Cruise-Sept 2012; Tower of Terror 10-Miler and 5K-Sept 2012; Wine&Dine 5K & Half Marathon-Nov 2012; Goofy Challenge & 5K-Jan 2013; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2013; Disney Aulani Resort-May 2013; Club 33-July 2013; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2013; Tower of Terror 10-Miler-Oct 2013; Dopey Challenge-Jan 2014; Tinker Bell 5K, 10K & Half Marathon-Jan 2014; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2014; DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic Cruise-Sept 2014; Avengers Super Heroes 5K & Half
ludari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:57 AM   #6
JoShan1719
DIS Veteran

I'm going to go against the grain here, because I hate park hopping. Waste of time to me, and more effort than it's worth. In your shoes I'd hit up Epcot, tour the World Showcase, have an early dinner, and be back in the room for an early bedtime, since I'm a huge rope-drop fan.
JoShan1719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:20 PM   #7
ariamac
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfanjosh3252 View Post
I was going to suggest park hoppers as well. That way, you can do both MK and EP in the same day. Or any other park if you want. Going solo is great at times. You get to do what you want, when and how you want. No one to slow you down if they are tired or arguing what ride to do next.
To me, I can't justify paying an extra $12-13 dollars per day to do park hopping. I love planning, so I have no problem planning days in parks and what park to go to on what day, etc. I have no problems enjoying one park a day... if I want to travel within a day I'll check out the resorts, Downtown Disney, or the boardwalk.

I love taking pictures (as a hobby, not professional at all) I just like capturing the little details of everything and that's why I both love MK and Epcot. My pro list for MK: It's simply magical! Fantasyland! love the rides!
My pro list for Epcot: love the World Showcase! So much to do! Lots of little details

Ahh... at least I have a month to decide, but still I'd like to plan now so I can make ADRs if need be.

"Never look back. If Cinderella went back to pick up her shoe, she wouldn't have become a princess."
ariamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:05 PM   #8
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariamac View Post
To me, I can't justify paying an extra $12-13 dollars per day to do park hopping. I love planning, so I have no problem planning days in parks and what park to go to on what day, etc. I have no problems enjoying one park a day... if I want to travel within a day I'll check out the resorts, Downtown Disney, or the boardwalk.

I love taking pictures (as a hobby, not professional at all) I just like capturing the little details of everything and that's why I both love MK and Epcot. My pro list for MK: It's simply magical! Fantasyland! love the rides!
My pro list for Epcot: love the World Showcase! So much to do! Lots of little details

Ahh... at least I have a month to decide, but still I'd like to plan now so I can make ADRs if need be.
Hmm. Well then, I would say MK. But, that is just my favorite park, so I'm biased. Like you stated, EP has a lot of little details in WS and FW is fun as well. Maybe just pick a few restaurants you want to eat at in both MK and EP and then whatever is available to with that park? Or, do you like WISHES or ILLUMINATIONS better?

Even thought I'm a semi-local and take multiple 3-day weekend trips. I ALWAYS have to start at MK. That is Disney to me. I love closing the night out with WISHES and knowing that is just the start of my Disney vacation.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: