DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 11:04 AM   #2611
twinmom108
DIS Veteran

Just got back Saturday night after a wonderful 2 week stay at VWL. Our 1st night we were in a studio. We arrived around 1 am Friday night/Sat morn. & were given a studio on the 4th floor at the very end of the looooong hallway. With 3 heavy bags 45+ lbs. each we felt every single step. I figured we probably got the dredded dumpster view room, but couldn't see in the dark (it was). Figured that was no big deal, especially since we'd be in this room only a few hours for sleep.

Did I say sleep? So pumped up with adrenaline not much sleep was to be had. In the morning we called bell services to come & get our bags to hold till we got our 1 bdrm villa. The man asked if we were charged extra for our overweight bags. I smiled and said each one of them were under 50 lbs. We then headed out to Aquatica for the day. Before we left I stopped by the front desk to inquire about our new room. Told it was on the 5th floor & it was an odd #. That made me happy because I knew we had a Lake/Pool View. Only thing that would make me ecstatic would be if it is the ONE room I really want.

Aquatica was ok, probably never go again, but it was perfect for just chilling out after a long travel day. About 2pm I called WL to see if our room was ready yet. They said not yet. They must have checked right afterward because I got a text with the # within 5 min. I looked at the room # a couple of times just to be sure. I screamed & started to do my happy dance (uh make that ecstatic dance)! We got the room I wanted 5519 for our 14 night stay! We picked up some groceries then headed back to VWL. While putting things away I noticed previous guests had left two boxes with empty beer bottles in them under the kitchen sink. I called housekeeping & put them out in the hallway.

When we got everything put away we just relaxed in the room & balcony. Loved the room!!

Peter Pan's #1 Fan
Old 12-10-2012, 01:38 PM   #2612
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
It was great meeting you as well Inkmahm/Dynaguy! That was lots of fun!

I promise I will get pics up Tues. AM. They are really slow loading, so we are at 50% right now.

Yesterday, Tearsa(Ts friend from Orlando)went with us to meet Will and Liz(friends from back home) at AK. We ate at Yak and Yeti(1st time)and it was really good. I ordered Honey Chicken and it was so so, but everyone else really enjoyed their dishes. We will def. go back. Service was slow, but hey, we are on vacation.

Rode Everest back to back 4 times, no wait

Headed to HS today, hoping Casey can finally be picked for Indy show, he is 18 now and being his favorite movie, he so hopes to get in. I told him to hoop and holler and wave his hands wildly. Fingers crossed it happens!
We have been to Yak and Yeti three times. The first time was Kati and me on our first trip we made in Dec '09. We went back last Dec and took DS and when DH and I were there in May I took him there. I love it and personally I usually get the steak and tempura shrimp which I love. There is an appetizer dish that makes a full meal for Kati which she likes to get. Don't remember what DS had, but he loved it. Kati also likes their cheesecake. . . but I have not found a cheesecake she doesn't like come to think of it.

Hope Casey gets his wish.

DCL (Wonder, Eastern Caribbean) January 2016: DCL (Wonder, Bahama) December 2015: DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2012, 11:41 PM   #2613
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmom108 View Post
Just got back Saturday night after a wonderful 2 week stay at VWL. Our 1st night we were in a studio. We arrived around 1 am Friday night/Sat morn. & were given a studio on the 4th floor at the very end of the looooong hallway. With 3 heavy bags 45+ lbs. each we felt every single step. I figured we probably got the dredded dumpster view room, but couldn't see in the dark (it was). Figured that was no big deal, especially since we'd be in this room only a few hours for sleep.

Did I say sleep? So pumped up with adrenaline not much sleep was to be had. In the morning we called bell services to come & get our bags to hold till we got our 1 bdrm villa. The man asked if we were charged extra for our overweight bags. I smiled and said each one of them were under 50 lbs. We then headed out to Aquatica for the day. Before we left I stopped by the front desk to inquire about our new room. Told it was on the 5th floor & it was an odd #. That made me happy because I knew we had a Lake/Pool View. Only thing that would make me ecstatic would be if it is the ONE room I really want.

Aquatica was ok, probably never go again, but it was perfect for just chilling out after a long travel day. About 2pm I called WL to see if our room was ready yet. They said not yet. They must have checked right afterward because I got a text with the # within 5 min. I looked at the room # a couple of times just to be sure. I screamed & started to do my happy dance (uh make that ecstatic dance)! We got the room I wanted 5519 for our 14 night stay! We picked up some groceries then headed back to VWL. While putting things away I noticed previous guests had left two boxes with empty beer bottles in them under the kitchen sink. I called housekeeping & put them out in the hallway.

When we got everything put away we just relaxed in the room & balcony. Loved the room!!
Wow Sharon !!! 14 days at VWL !!!! Thanks for the report. So happy everything went well for you !!! Welcome back !

Old 12-10-2012, 11:47 PM   #2614
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
We had a great meet last night!! All in attendance were DiznyDad and DiznyDi, WildernessDad and his family, Muushka and her DH, Keliblue and her DH, Inkmahm and Dynaguy and us(Jimmytammy, TammyNC, DS and friends from back home)

Barb(Muushka)was hard at work picking up recruits for the groupies, she may have convinced Liz(our DF from back home) to join up, as well as some folks she met from the Top of the World who let us borrow chairs. Way to go Muushka!!! Always hard at work, looking out for the group

We saw the fireworks from the balcony which was amazing, DS has pics, and a nice CM took a shot or 2 of all of us which I hope to get up soon.

We all dispersed, and then had a mini meet on the boat over to WL!!
This makes me happy to hear you all got to meet up !!! Wish I could have been there a few days earlier---but I'll be in the World by Wed night ! JT....we have a lunch planned at Raglan Road on Friday---can't wait !

Inkmahm....thanks for your report too ! I think I had that room in 1999. Is it right around the corner as soon as you cross the covered walkway and enter the VWL ? I recall the patio being a tad overrun with shrubs but it was a very convenient location. Good luck with your surgery---I will be in WDW on that Monday so I'm wishing you well now in case I have trouble with internet.

Can't wait to see some pics guys !!!!

Old 12-10-2012, 11:59 PM   #2615
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

Thanks for the trip report Sharon. 2 glorious weeks!

Ok groupies in the world can't wait for photos! Saw some Disney Di photos on FB!
Old 12-11-2012, 01:08 AM   #2616
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 View Post
This makes me happy to hear you all got to meet up !!! Wish I could have been there a few days earlier---but I'll be in the World by Wed night ! JT....we have a lunch planned at Raglan Road on Friday---can't wait !

Inkmahm....thanks for your report too ! I think I had that room in 1999. Is it right around the corner as soon as you cross the covered walkway and enter the VWL ? I recall the patio being a tad overrun with shrubs but it was a very convenient location. Good luck with your surgery---I will be in WDW on that Monday so I'm wishing you well now in case I have trouble with internet.

Can't wait to see some pics guys !!!!
You can get there from the covered walkway sidewalk that connects around back to the pool area. Or you can walkthe covered walkway and head towards the elevators once you are inside. The hall is to the left of the elevators and our 1 bedroom villa is a few doors down. I'd say the patio is still a bit overrun with shrubs but I love the villa location. Thanks for the good wishes. My knees and feet are killing me this trip and I am doing most of it on a scooter. Today was a lot of walking getting to the scooter rental from handicap parking at AK and then to walk to the International Gateway from Beach club after dinner at cape May. My feet felt every step walking back to the Beach Club to pick up our car.

Today was the first rain we have had. A few downpours while we were in AK but we avoided them all. Not so lucky after dinner when itwas time to walk to Epcot to see Illuminations. It was a steady rain, sometimes pretty heavy. but it gave Dynaguy and me a chance to try out our new rain ponchos. His is Mickey Mouse and mine is Minnie Mouse, complete with ears on the hat for both of us and a bow on mine.

Tomorrow we are going to sleep in and skip HS this trip. Maybe will go to MK in the afternoon to try to get in for CS at "Be our guest." Our last dinner tomorrow is at California Grill. Really looking forward to that one.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:22 AM   #2617
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmom108 View Post

Ha! As soon as you said I hope I get THE room I knew exactly what room you were going to say! That is the room we had last year at Christmas and I'm praying for it again this year. Now that you're gone I guess I might have a shot! Glad to hear you had a nice trip.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:57 AM   #2618
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Sharon, sounds like you had a blast! 14 nights at VWL, thats as good as it gets.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:07 AM   #2619
blossomz

OK..why is 5519 THE room?
Old 12-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #2620
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

As promised

A couple pics from HS

Ahhhh, home
Old 12-11-2012, 09:29 AM   #2621
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

BLT

DiznyDi and DiznyDad along with teapot and Mr. teapot

Our groupie meet!!
L to R standing Muushka,, Liz(our DF), TammyNC, DiznyDi, Mr. Muushka, William(our DF), Inkmahm, Dynaguy, Wildernessdad, Jesse(WDs DS), Mr. keliblue, Casey(our DS) Kneeling L to R DiznyDad, Amelia(WDs DGD) keliblue, Mrs. Wildernessdad and jimmytammy Flat teapot and flat Mr. teapot joined us in the middle!

Last edited by jimmytammy; 12-11-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:34 AM   #2622
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

BLT fireworks

AK
Old 12-11-2012, 09:36 AM   #2623
blossomz

OMG! WHat a fabulous group!!! Thanks!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 09:39 AM   #2624
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Old 12-11-2012, 09:45 AM   #2625
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

This are shots of us with friends from Orlando. We went with them to Gaylord Palms Resort to see the Christmas show.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: