DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 07:11 AM   #1
jocin3
Mouseketeer

Points after resale closing question

We just closed on our 2nd resale (for BWV) on 12/4. I can see the deed recorded on the Orange County Comptroller website. How long is it typically before points are added into my account? I can't remember what happened last year. Checking the member website I don't see the new contract or points added yet. (both my contracts are with BWV with same UY)
Thanks in advance!
Old 12-07-2012, 07:58 AM   #2
WebmasterDoc
Administrator

DISboards Administrator

It usually takes at least a week after closing for the resale contract to be entered into the DVC system and a few more days before the points are manually added to the system.

Welcome Home!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 09:33 AM   #3
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocin3 View Post
We just closed on our 2nd resale (for BWV) on 12/4. I can see the deed recorded on the Orange County Comptroller website. How long is it typically before points are added into my account? I can't remember what happened last year. Checking the member website I don't see the new contract or points added yet. (both my contracts are with BWV with same UY)
Thanks in advance!
Are the contracts titled exactly the same? Did the broker/closing agent notify Disney that this was a add on?

If you don't see the new contract added to your existing account, Disney might be issuing a second membership.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:12 AM   #4
jocin3
Mouseketeer

The closing agent (Magic Vacation Title) was aware this was our 2nd contract. We had to fill out on closing papers how to title the deed and also our current membership number. I just received an email from our "guide"(we never dealt with this person-have only dealt with TSS) with info how to set up our online acct (which I did last year with our other contract)
I'm out trying to get some Christmas shopping done so have limited access on my phone. I did just log in to the member website with my regular log in and don't see other membership listed. Guess I will wait until I get home to see if I can access things better.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #5
jocin3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterDoc View Post
It usually takes at least a week after closing for the resale contract to be entered into the DVC system and a few more days before the points are manually added to the system.

Welcome Home!
Doc, thank you for your reply. I guess my concern stems from the fact that I received an email to set up my DVC member.com account (and I already have one)
Just called member services and they couldn't help me. Referred me to Administration (I had to leave a voice mail).
I am assuming since we were asked our membership number on the closing paperwork as well as how the original deed was titled-that all will work out ok. I'll feel better once I see the points online.
Thanks again!
Old 12-09-2012, 11:06 PM   #6
mdinme
DIS Veteran

I found the comptroller website but Im not sure where and how on the site i do the search. I havea doc number and of course the name ofthe sellar. Help please.

mdinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:26 AM   #7
jocin3
Mouseketeer

"I found the comptroller website but Im not sure where and how on the site i do the search. I havea doc number and of course the name ofthe sellar. Help please."

Hi

This is the website I used http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagleweb/docSearch.jsp
then put in your name ( last & first) in the first spot on the right side ("Search either party") and hit search button.

See if you are able to find what you are looking for that way. Hope that helps!
Have a great day!
and
Old 12-11-2012, 07:51 AM   #8
jocin3
Mouseketeer

Update

Just an update today. I looked in our DVC member account last night all my points are there Guess I was worrying needlessly. Can't wait to start planning our next vacation in 2013.
Thanks again for the help!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: