Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 03:12 PM   #46
PaulaSB12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackeysmom View Post
He sure is .

Every time I walk into the kitchen he follows me. If I open the cabinet he demands treats, if I open the fridge he wants turkey, if I open the pantry he wants tuna, etc.

I suppose it is my own fault, 99% of the time I give into his demands. (OK - who am I kidding, 100% of the time I give into his demands. )

- Laura
Tell me about it I went to work one day with a black eye because the cats had managed to move me so far over on the bed I fell out and hit the bedside table!!!!!!!
PaulaSB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:21 PM   #47
furb & dez
City Bear Jamboreers

On a related note... have had the Xmas tree up for a week now, and thanks to SSSCAT training last year, the cats won't even go near it.
Our first trip to WDW! Had fun, a bit disappointed in the lack of things to keep us busy. Next trip: eh, 5 years perhaps? Don't understand the psychosis of wasting time trying to meet actors in fursuits or princess costumes, but, wev...
furb & dez is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2012, 05:51 PM   #48
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaucoup View Post
Don't get stone countertops. If I had known cats would be attracted to the coldness from the stone, I would never have changed to a stone. My previous cat was old, blind & deaf so she never got up there. Its the new cat that does. I've walked in there on a hot summer day to find him laying on the cold countertops trying to cool off. Grrrrrr. The other cat gets it, but this one is not the brightest bulb in the tree. He is a very slow learner at things his brother gets fairly quickly. He catches on months later.

Squirt bottle but he's a persistant bugger.
I just clean my counters 10000 times a day now.

Another issue is my dad made 4 awesome removable window seats for the cats. They love them & sleep on them. So he thinks getting on kitchen counter to look out the window near the sink is the same as getting on his window seats in other rooms.
We have granite counters and the cats rarely jump on them, they sometimes jump on the bar to walk over it into the kitchen but not very often, they usually just walk into the kitchen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furb & dez View Post
On a related note... have had the Xmas tree up for a week now, and thanks to SSSCAT training last year, the cats won't even go near it.
LOL that's good news! We got a 4 foot tree so the cats won't try to climb that.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:27 PM   #49
Diznygrl
Disneyland Fanatic
But really, let's get real. I've never met a donut I didn't like

Surprised at the responses here because I thought everyone on the DIS thought cats on counters was the most repulsive thing on the entire planet.

I have four cats but only one of them insists that the countertops and table are there for his personal enjoyment. He's quite the little devil so I've given up and just let him be. Clean the counters before I cook, clean the table before I eat. No big deal. Food rarely actually touches the counter/table surface anyway. It's either on a cutting board, a plate, paper towel, etc.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:39 AM   #50
FlightlessDuck
Pluto's personal nose scratcher
Dumb people spoiling my fun makes me a sad Panda

I am of the opinion that cats can't be "trained". Rather, they just get sneakier.

In any case, our cats aren't allowed on the counters. Doesn't mean they don't get on them, they just get off right away if we walk into the room.

'87: Off Site, '94: GF, '02: FWC, '06: POP, '09: CSR, '10: POP, '12: CSR

Last edited by FlightlessDuck; 12-12-2012 at 10:51 AM.
FlightlessDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:59 AM   #51
afnaechiquita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightlessDuck View Post
I am of the opinion that cats can't be "trained". Rather, they just get sneakier.
Isn't that the truth!! DBF and I just found our kitten's hiding spot - inside of a box spring that has a hole cut in the fabric underneath. I am almost positive when my ring was missing for a week, he was hiding it there.
WDW (off-site) '90 - Caribbean Beach '07 - French Quarter '08 - Riverside '11 - Riverside '12 - Tokyo DisneySea '12 (one-post quick TR here!) - DLR (off-site) '13 - Grand Californian '14 (presidential suite tour here!) - Yacht Club '14
Princess Half Marathoner '11 - '12 - GSC '14 for runGKTW! - training for DLH '14 for SOSC!

afnaechiquita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:39 PM   #52
funkychunkymonkey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afnaechiquita View Post
Isn't that the truth!! DBF and I just found our kitten's hiding spot - inside of a box spring that has a hole cut in the fabric underneath. I am almost positive when my ring was missing for a week, he was hiding it there.
Looked under my bed today (i was missing a slipper) and came a crossed 4 forks, a butter knife, a spoon, tin foil, two pop can tops and one christmas bow... Guess my cat likes shiney things!
RIP:
guiedo (guiena pig) bluebeard
funkychunkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:42 AM   #53
afnaechiquita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychunkymonkey View Post
Looked under my bed today (i was missing a slipper) and came a crossed 4 forks, a butter knife, a spoon, tin foil, two pop can tops and one christmas bow... Guess my cat likes shiney things!
Does your cat hang out with a mermaid?
WDW (off-site) '90 - Caribbean Beach '07 - French Quarter '08 - Riverside '11 - Riverside '12 - Tokyo DisneySea '12 (one-post quick TR here!) - DLR (off-site) '13 - Grand Californian '14 (presidential suite tour here!) - Yacht Club '14
Princess Half Marathoner '11 - '12 - GSC '14 for runGKTW! - training for DLH '14 for SOSC!

afnaechiquita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:00 AM   #54
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask

My 2 y.o. cat has stolen jewelry and shiny things since she was a kitten. It is a common sight to catch her sauntering down the stairs with a bracelet in her mouth, as if it was a prize mouse. I have come across her stashes before and have no doubt she has one at this very minute.

Our new kitten is a fiend for Q tips and will steal them any way he can. He is in the doghouse this morning for knocking two glass Christmas ornaments off the tree within 10 minutes and using them as cat toys. Good thing he is darned cute.
EMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #55
funkychunkymonkey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMom View Post
My 2 y.o. cat has stolen jewelry and shiny things since she was a kitten. It is a common sight to catch her sauntering down the stairs with a bracelet in her mouth, as if it was a prize mouse. I have come across her stashes before and have no doubt she has one at this very minute.

Our new kitten is a fiend for Q tips and will steal them any way he can. He is in the doghouse this morning for knocking two glass Christmas ornaments off the tree within 10 minutes and using them as cat toys. Good thing he is darned cute.
I wish I knew where the other stash was, im down to two spoons! Mine think q- tips are toys, I toss them one every time I clean my ears.. Unfortanally, this meant when I started working on class ordments (gluin the q-tips the kids glittered togeteher) she thought it was playtime, guess a couple kids got a little cat spit with there Christmas art.
RIP:
guiedo (guiena pig) bluebeard
funkychunkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:40 PM   #56
Buckalew11
2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afnaechiquita View Post
Does your cat hang out with a mermaid?
Too funny! I can hear the music now...

No cats on the counter. If I had known cats liked to get on the counter, I would not have gotten one. Lucky for me, our cat did not get on counters or tables or anything. She must have been afraid of heights.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of everyday
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
And tomorrow is just a dream away
Buckalew11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:29 PM   #57
packedforadventure
Earning My Ears

"one sassy one" that cracked me up. I also have a cat that's a jumper and I have no clue. The only thing that seems to work, is my boyfriend makes this loud shushing sound when he catches her and she stops. She totally stops around him. I try it and she just doesn't think that I am the boss and ignores me completely. She gets away with murder while he is at work!

http://www.*****************************
packedforadventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:45 PM   #58
mackeysmom
Let's Go Mets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaSB12 View Post
Tell me about it I went to work one day with a black eye because the cats had managed to move me so far over on the bed I fell out and hit the bedside table!!!!!!!
LOL - I can totally relate.

Over the past 20+ years of owning (or should I say being owned by) cats, I've gone from a twin bed, to a full bed, to a queen bed - yet I still don't have any additional space for myself. Somehow, my Blackie (who isn't a huge cat) is able to stretch himself out diagonally in such a way that he takes up the entire bed. Add a giant cat like my Sunny Doodle into the mix, and I'm hanging off the side.

I suspect that if I bought a California King - I'd still have no extra space for myself.
mackeysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:24 PM   #59
turkeymama
DIS Veteran

Well, I hesitated to post because I was certain I would be shamed for having a kitty the climbs on the countertops.

However, after reading about everyone else's loveys, I have to share my cat's funny addiction (in addition to shiny objects, like my locket). My cat goes crazy for Dum Dums. We don't really know why, but she will play with a Dum Dum until she tears the wrapper off. I guess she likes the way it sounds when she knocks it about on the floor. Silly cat.
turkeymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:42 PM   #60
sookie
DIS Veteran

Your sending your cat mixed signals if you let them jump on some counters but not the others.
sookie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: