Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 12:12 AM   #841
mrsbornkuntry
I'm worried about raccoons
I carry a diaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesky View Post
So how are folks doing now? Resting on your gift-wrapped laurels? Or fighting anxiety attacks at the thought of all there is to do yet?

The shopping is mostly done for me but just completing the wrapping. And now I need to get the teacher gifts, etc. Plus bake the homemade stuff and I have NO idea when I'm going to get a chance to do that. One day at a time...
I'm doing pretty good here, I have everything bought except a couple gift cards, I'll pick those up when I'm grocery shopping this week. I even have everything that has arrived wrapped. I'm waiting on a couple things I ordered online, but I'm confident they'll be here this week.

Don't forget if you need to you can freeze cookie dough and pop it in the oven later.

Beret...$15.00
Boots..$135.00
Having them HOME
on the floor....
PRICELESS
mrsbornkuntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:28 AM   #842
CopperWife
Mouseketeer

It feels good to be almost done All I have to do is make homemade dog treats with my girls for four people, then put them into the glass jars that I bought (and etched with a "dog paw print" on the front - thanks Pinterest!). I just have to get through my DDs birthday this weekend and I can sit back and relax and enjoy the rest of the holiday season.

me DH DD10 DD7

No ticker for now
CopperWife is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2012, 09:18 AM   #843
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

I have to pick up some treats for stocking stuffers and do our baking for teachers/friends...will do that this week...Oh...gotta get the hubby's gift too...know what it will be,...just need to pick it up...
Cold front came through in the night...it's now suuuuuuper windy, a leeeeetttle cloudy and it is cold and feels great! We are supposed to get around the 32 mark tonight... I have been waiting and waiting for this It now feels Christmas-y!!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:46 AM   #844
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

I'm still wrapping. That's the biggest chore right now. I'm baking a Christmas cookie a week so I get all the kids' favorites in but I'll bake a lot the weekend before. The kids like Santa to have some options .

It's getting here fast! My kids have less than 2 weeks of school left!
2012 Windsor Hills 2011 Buena Vista Suites
2010 Doubletree DTD, then CSR
2008 Doubletree DTD 2006 Doubletree DTD
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2005 Doubletree DTD 2005 Swan 2001 Dolphin
2000 All Star Movies 1999 Carribean Beach
100AcreWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:21 AM   #845
bas71873
DIS Veteran

I'm about finished. Picked up the last of what I needed today so I need to get those wrapped and them I will be done with presents.

Teachers goodies are baked and in the freezer. I will do neighbors the weekend before.

Right now I'm focused on DD's class party since I'm room mom and we are taking a last minute trip to Chicago this weekend since DH is there on business. Gotta start thinking about packing for that. I need the days to slow down some.

US/IOA - June 2015; Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #846
mrsbornkuntry
I carry a diaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperWife View Post
It feels good to be almost done All I have to do is make homemade dog treats with my girls for four people, then put them into the glass jars that I bought (and etched with a "dog paw print" on the front - thanks Pinterest!). I just have to get through my DDs birthday this weekend and I can sit back and relax and enjoy the rest of the holiday season.
I love the etched jar with dog treats idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
I have to pick up some treats for stocking stuffers and do our baking for teachers/friends...will do that this week...Oh...gotta get the hubby's gift too...know what it will be,...just need to pick it up...
Cold front came through in the night...it's now suuuuuuper windy, a leeeeetttle cloudy and it is cold and feels great! We are supposed to get around the 32 mark tonight... I have been waiting and waiting for this It now feels Christmas-y!!
I'm a little jealous, it's in the 70's here this week. I'm originally from Illinois and Ohio and I sorely miss the snow and cold this time of year.

Beret...$15.00
Boots..$135.00
Having them HOME
on the floor....
PRICELESS
Old 12-10-2012, 08:41 PM   #847
Manders77
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbornkuntry View Post

I'm a little jealous, it's in the 70's here this week. I'm originally from Illinois and Ohio and I sorely miss the snow and cold this time of year.
I know what you mean. Originally from OH and lived in FL for the past 6 years. I missed snow and cold. Well now we are in VA, it gets cold, hopefully it'll snow this year but doubtfully for Xmas. But the coolness feels good.
Manders77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:37 AM   #848
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

we are far enough south that I never see Christmas snow it's a bummer for sure....I would love to live where it actually gets COLD and snows!! Or so I think.....I possibly could hate it..but I sure do love it here when it's cold and the humidity is zilch....I get plum giddy!
Old 12-11-2012, 01:00 AM   #849
theworldneedscolor
DIS Veteran

We live in Oregon, so it's almost always a rainy Christmas

theworldneedscolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:48 AM   #850
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

I just sat down to figure out what I had and what was left to buy, and discovered that the only thing I need to buy is a bike bag. I about fainted.

Missy13d69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:58 AM   #851
mrsbornkuntry
I carry a diaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy13d69 View Post
I just sat down to figure out what I had and what was left to buy, and discovered that the only thing I need to buy is a bike bag. I about fainted.
That's great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theworldneedscolor View Post
We live in Oregon, so it's almost always a rainy Christmas
I understand, I spent 4 years near Tacoma, WA and I will never forget the ONE Christmas that it actually snowed! It didn't stick, but we were excited anyway. Coincidentally, it also snowed in Iraq that year where my DH was stationed, very unusual.

Beret...$15.00
Boots..$135.00
Having them HOME
on the floor....
PRICELESS
Old 12-12-2012, 12:51 PM   #852
Mommytink
Mouseketeer

Any gift ideas for DH? He loves video games and computer games. I need something to go with the game I bought him but drawing a blank.
Mommytink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:35 PM   #853
TMGosizk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommytink
Any gift ideas for DH? He loves video games and computer games. I need something to go with the game I bought him but drawing a blank.
What game did you get him? There are sometimes special edition things you can get to match a game. It would also depend what you'd like to spend, but my DH is a huge gaming nerd and some things I've gotten him in the past are:

A new special edition controller that matched his favorite game--on XBox for Battlefield 3...they have other nifty controllers that aren't specified to one particular game, too.

If he plays online or live games, a good pair of headphones with a mic...Turtle Beach (Beech?) are good noise canceling ones...I don't know what all systems they work with but DH uses them for the XBox and has another set for the computer.

An elaborate mouse for computer games--my DH has a Razer--I'm not sure if this is a brand or what...it's got number keys, a little joystick thing, directional arrows, and other buttons on it that would, I'm assuming, erase the need to use a key board for gameplay...I don't play so I really don't know what all the buttons are for.

All of these were bought through Best Buy--either online or in the store.

Also, DH has some favorite game apparel...tshirts (we have found them at Hot Topic or Spencer's, but just saw a tonnn at our JC Penny's this weekend and they were cheaper than the ones at the other two stores) He also has a sweatshirt that goes to his favorite computer game that he got online. See huge gaming nerd, but pretty easy to buy for! Haha!

Also batteries, batteries, batteries, if he uses a wireless controller!

I'll give it some more thought and see if I can come up with anything else for you...

I'll Have a New Ticker Soon!

My First TR (in progress): Forget the Plans, We'll Just Play It By EAR!
First PTR:Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'Till Morning...to Disney World! Sep2013
TMGosizk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:19 PM   #854
bas71873
DIS Veteran

OMG I need to stop. Made the mistake of going to the mall today (had to hit the Hickory Farms kiosk) and dumb me wandered into Justice & Claire's. My DD is going to think she won the lottery this Christmas! I can't help myself. I love shopping for that kid

US/IOA - June 2015; Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:45 PM   #855
Princess_Meghan <3
DIS Veteran

I've been so busy with school and finals, but managed to get away last week to pick up most of the stuff I needed:

My youngest sister picked out a purse from AE when they started their black friday special on the wednesday before, and I got her film to go with the camera I got her.

My other sister is getting a pair of orange and navy tights I found on clearance at Urban Outfitters, a nail polish, and a cami with owls on it to go with the necklace she wants me to make her.

My step-brothers will each be getting a $10 gamestop giftcard.

My step-dad is getting a fiesta mug with fuzzy socks(he likes to steal my mom's fuzzy socks, so we've started getting him his own so she'll stop complaining, lol).

My dad's girlfriend will be getting a scarf I found on clearance at Urban Outfitters for Christmas, and I'm going to make her a necklace for her birthday.

My mom is getting a sweatshirt jacket and a nightgown.

My roommate who's name I drew for secret santa wrote on her slip that she wanted lipstick, unless I drew her name- then she wanted me to make her jewelry. Fine by me- I already had the supplies, so that's out of the way!

My best friend is getting a glass owl lamp that was on clearance with halloween stuff at target, a sweater I got on Black Friday, and Naked eye shadow by Urban Decay that I got with a Sephora coupon.

My other friends at home will get to dig around in my jewelry stock and pick out what they want- it's easier for me, since I don't actually have to do any wrapping

I also got a fire pit on black friday to put in the stupid christmas game at my father's- I only paid $30 for it, and I think even that is too much to put into the game (it's supposed to be $75, but I'm not spending $75 on a gift for someone when I'm going to end up with some household items not useful to a college student who doesn't own a house ).

All that's left is to buy my dad a Cracker Barrell gift card, and to make my sister and my dad's girlfriend the jewelry I'm giving them.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: