Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2012, 06:25 AM   #76
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
Thanks for the Halloween Wishes. V went to school in her Mary costume from Disney. She had to change at lunch into regular clothes. I picked her up, got her changed and dropped her off at her dads work for some trick or treating and then he took her home to get changed into her pirate princess costume and went trick or treating.

I was pretty much in tears this afternoon so mad angry, frustrated and upset (And PMSing not that you all needed to know that). A few things happened today and I didn't sleep well so all things just building up. I bought halloween fabric to make V a halloween skirt. In fact I ended up buying it twice! because I settled on the first lot 1/2 yard of 4 diff fabrics and it was a good deal on sale. Then I found fabric I liked better it was not on sale but I bought it anyways, 1/8 of a yard of each. I wanted to make V a stripwork twirl skirt. I got so busy I just didn't get time to make it. Last Thursday I decided to take off from work despite getting 4 full day job offers. I didn't want to fail on my promise to make her a skirt and figured I would get it done, could give it to her friday. She could wear it to school Monday and then wed afternoon on halloween. Her mom was away all last week. I started it. I didn't get to finish it. My mom finished it. She stayed up half the night finishing it. I brought V over friday afterschool tried it on her and she loved it! Took it home, explained it to Daddy. Her mom came home from Florida on Sunday and didn't see it. I told her mom about her Halloween skirt on Monday and that she wanted to wear it wednesday afternoon. her mom was like what halloween skirt? I explained I made it.
Today I got a txt from her mom that said her Mary hat and umbrella should be in her cubby and that She sent a dress to put on right over top of herMary underskirt.

NO HALLOWEEN SKIRT!!!!!!!!!

The damn skirt took about 12 hours to make minimum maybe more.

Her mom just stuck a dress in her bag, didn't ask V what she wanted or V may have remembered the damn halloween skirt. She just stuck a dress in thinking it was easier cuz V would leave half her Mary costume on (which I might add she did not. She took the whole thing off (well left the tights on)

So I just txt back, oh she didn't want her Halloween skirt? That's too bad I thought she really liked it, oh well I guess she can wear it after Halloween.

I was SO MAD.

I hope it was an honest mistake and it was probably my fault I should have told V to go up and get the halloween skirt and show her mom. I told her to show mom the skirt after dinner, but she didn't. If her mom had seen the skirt she might have remembered.

Sigh, off to whallow in self pity.
Oh Erin - I didn't see this. I am so sorry. I am sure it was an honest mistake... I would have her wear it after halloween anyways, and maybe take her out for a cute little photo shoot like you guys do. Then you can scrap book it, and it will be adorable.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #77
nannye
DIS Veteran

Day 1:
Part 4: A shopping we will go and an early dinner!

(not many pictures in this update Im afraid.)
We didnt have to wait too long for the bus to take us to Down Town Disney. I think the ride was a lot longer than I anticipated. I was getting tired and hungry. When we arrived at Down Town Disney we were both ready to eat, but it was just a tad too early so we did a little shopping first. We headed to Design-A-Tee first and I let V design a t-shirt which she was totally thrilled with! I seem to be lacking in pictures from Down Town Disney, Im a bit sad about that, I was just not in photo mode yet. V made a lime green princess Minnie Mouse Shirt. She loved it! We headed next door and checked out all the scrapbooking stuff and photo frames. I purchased two photo frames and two scrapbook albums. The CM told me I could get them shipped for only $15! (she checked the book) I reiterated that I was in Canada, yes $15! I happily grabbed the scrapbooks and headed for the check out. Sigh (here is where I start to get ticked off). Another CM rang me up and got the shipping process started. Then she told me the total that was about $200. Excuse me? Shipping was not $15. It was around $100. The first CM didnt know what she was doing when she looked it up. I returned the albums, but kept the picture frames. I was disappointed but I knew I could still get them as I had friends driving down at the end of the summer.

V rode the carousel and LOVED it! As if there was any doubt, V adores carousels. Even better was watching the man beside me laughing at his wife who was riding by herself. It really reminds you how everyone is a kid at Disney!

V stopped a CM and made her first pin trade of the trip. She spotted a Minnie pin on his lanyard and I was shocked at how bold she was. She had to really be cajoled last summer she wanted to trade pins, but she was shy. She was in love with her new Minnie pin and I pinned it to her Minnie purse. I love her cute little Minnie purse! I ordered it off etsy about a month after I got the ok for Disney! It is a Minnie Tutu tote and her name is embroidered. The seller was awesome and made it a cross body strap rather than two handles so V could wear it and added a small rectangle piece of black fabric attached with a keyring to the bag. She even appliquéd a Minnie head on it. This piece was what I used for Vs pins. I didnt want them to ruin her bag and she did not like wearing her lanyard last time, it was too heavy. Unfortunately she lost the pin within 10 minutes. The rectangle fabric brushing against the bag as she walked was not a great idea and it fell off. From then on I made sure the pin part was resting inside her purse so if they did fall off, which they did, they would fall into the purse.

We moved on to Goofys Candy Co. And we each got a treat for later. I dont know if Ive ever seen Vs eyes so big as she was in pure pre-sugar rush heaven. V chose a Mickey rice krispie and covered him in Chocolate sauce & oreo cookies. I got marshmallows dipped in chocolate & M&Ms.

Our next stop was World of Disney. Holy moly that store is big. You could totally just get lost in it. It was CRAZY busy too, I was worried about loosing V! We looked around and picked up a Disney 2012 T-shirt for V. I didnt see anything for myself, but I didnt look THAT hard either. V picked out a new pin for her lanyard to keep, it was a pirate princess pin and she loves it! I also let V pick out a car antenna topper. She picked the rainbow one. When we were in the BBB area I got her to look at the dresses and she was very taken with the Aurora dress. This worried me! It was a great internal struggle to decide whether or not to pre-buy the Rapunzel Wedding dress from the Disney Store and I went ahead with it. when V wasnt looking I slipped a Cinderella Playset into the basket and hoped she wouldnt notice. Then we checked out.

We were both ready for an early dinner so we headed to my choice for dinner, Earl of Sandwich! I ordered The Earls Club. I did not for whatever reason realize that the sandwhiches were toasted! This was bad as I ordered V the kids turkey and Swiss with a chocolate milk. V was NOT a happy camper. She doesnt eat cheese so I figured I could just pick it off, but that is super hard to do when it is melted! I picked her sandwich apart and got her to eat a little, but she was just not in the mood. I didnt eat much either despite being starved. It was just hot out I think and we were both just not so hungry any more. The sandwich was delish tho!

V was just begging to go back to the resort. I was a little surprised but I conceded and we went to Design a Tee to pick up her t-shirt and headed to the boat ferry to take us back to Port Orleans Riverside. I think she was just feeling a bit tired, hot and overwhelmed and not really in the Disney groove yet. V has a lot of Stamina and since shes grown up with me she is used to being a go go go kid.

I was surprised at how LONG the boat ride was. We just missed one so we had to wait a bit and I knew it would still be faster than waiting for a bus but wow it seemed like a long ride. I want to say we were on the boat for 30 min. It was a nice relaxing ride, but it did get old pretty quick. One thing that did NOT help was when we stopped at Port Orleans French Quarter. Now of course we needed to stop to let off French Quarter people, but I am NOT sure why we had to sit there and wait for 10 minutes while everyone there waiting for a boat was heading to DTD and needed a boat going the other way. We waited for about 10 minutes. Just sat and waited. Once the other boat that was going from Riverside to to DTD docked at French Quarter our Captain got off and docked that boat and did everything so their captain didnt have to get off. Once the people loaded the other boat they were off and then we left continuing to Riverside. I am just an impatient person I guess, but I found it really annoying. I could understand if they were adhering to a time schedule, but according to themselves the boats do not have a time schedule.

We finally arrived at our room. It was around 5 or 6 I think. I promised V a quick swim in the quiet pool. I warned her it would be a quick one as we had reservations that night and I was hopeful that we might get in a ride or two as well. I let her swim for about 30-45 minutes. I cant quite remember if I went in or not. I had a trip journal and I tried to remember to take notes but alas I was horrible at it.

After our swim I got V dressed again and did her hair. I wanted to be at the park for 7 but I wasnt quite sure that would happen! I think we headed to the bus around 7:30.
But where were we going.......

Magic Kingdom! You guessed it!

We stopped for a quick picture in front of the park and then headed in.
It was just after 8 so I knew we wouldnt be able to get any rides in since we needed to be at our reservation for around 8:45. People were already staking out their spots to see the parade. I spotted the time for the Mickey and Minnie Meet & Greet and it was only 20 minutes score one for us! I think meeting the mice is the most important thing to do on your first day at Disney.
We hopped in the line after a little while I realized that the line was not moving very quickly.... Our 20 minutes passed and we were nowhere near the front. I was annoyed because clearly the time wasnt accurate but nothing could be helped. I had to make a decision to wait or leave the line. We were supposed to be at our reservation no later than 9 but 8:45 is recommended. I decided we would try and wait it out a bit longer. Finally we made it to the front of the line but we werent let in. I could have cried. We spent a lot of time waiting as I think they let a fast pass group in before us. At this point it was past 8:45 but we waited. We were finally let into the room wahoo!!!! V was beyond excited by this point I think it finally hit her that we were in Disney!
As we were waiting for our turn, one of the girls waiting behind us had to ask a question. I think it had been bugging her for awhile and so she finally got up the gumption to ask. She was probably around 10-12 years old I think. What was her question you ask? Is her hair real I nearly laughed so not the question I was expecting. I quickly confirmed that yes Victorias hair was real and the girl was amazed. She loved Vs hair. V has naturally curly hair so combined with Florida humidity and the fact that I had done her hair when it was wet and twirled it around my finger, she had two perfect ringlets.
Finally it was our turn.
Our visit was quick because we did have to go to our reservation and I knew wed see Mickey and Minnie again, I just wasnt sure if V would be in her Minnie outfit so I really wanted a picture. The mice were wonderful of course and we got some great pics.

Once we were out I checked my watch OMG it was 8:58!!! We were so late. I grabbed Vs hand and we rushed down Main Street, but then we stopped...

What did we stop for? Youll have to wait until the next chapter to find out!

Previous Character Count: 2
This Chapter: 2
Total Count so far: 4

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Last edited by nannye; 01-04-2013 at 01:44 PM.
nannye is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2012, 02:40 PM   #78
nannye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Oh Erin - I didn't see this. I am so sorry. I am sure it was an honest mistake... I would have her wear it after halloween anyways, and maybe take her out for a cute little photo shoot like you guys do. Then you can scrap book it, and it will be adorable.

D~
Yes an update on the skirt.
It bugged me that V's mom knew about the skirt and didn't ask. BUT here's what happened as I found out on Thursday....

The friday before Halloween when I brought V home and the skirt. I put the skirt on the stairs so that it would go upstairs. I told her dad about the halloween skirt and what it was for. I Cannot place blame completely on her mom, because I did tell her about it and she could have asked.... but V's dad on that friday took the skirt and instead of sending it upstairs to be put in her drawer. He hung it on a hook in V's playroom with her costumes. V's mom didn't see the skirt in her drawer and therefore wouldn't have thought to look in the playroom for it.

I've gotten over it, but it was just so frustrating.

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Old 11-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #79
nannye
DIS Veteran

Sigh Poor Elizabeth's hair was combed out yesterday. I might have nearly cried when I saw her today. She is now curl-less andhas puffy hair in a pony tail. I was planning to redo her hair in a week before Christmas Pictures. Don't know if I'll be able to get a curl back in now.

Why is there NOT a crying smilie I'm more teary than furious.

August 2011, V & I @ POP

Old 11-06-2012, 05:46 AM   #80
DMGeurts

I loved the update - I am sorry I missed it...

I love V's skirt and her bag - she looked incredibly adorable and "Disney like" for her first day.

Sorry the boat ride took so long... And you had to wait so long at FQ... We only rode the boat once to DTD and back - it was a nice ride, I thought, but you had a lot further to go than we did.

Glad you finially got to meet The Mouse... I hope you made it to your ADR on time.

And sorry about Elizabeth - hopefully you can do some damage control on her over the next few days.

D~
Old 11-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #81
cindianne320
Mouseketeer

Ooh- can't wait to see where you eat dinner! Love the Mickey and Minnie pictures- sorry the wait was so long!

7 childhood trips, Off site- 1990-2004, 2007- Universal's Royal Pacific
2010- POR, 2011- POP, 2013- A of A and Disney Dream! 2014-CS
cindianne320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:02 AM   #82
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Erin, I know how busy your weeks can be, I just wanted to let you know I AM reading and just wanted to say HI and looking forward to more! V was simply adorable as usual, I LOVE that skirt!

One became SEVEN?!? How did THAT happen???
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:32 AM   #83
DMGeurts

Just stopping by to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!

D~
Old 11-25-2012, 11:01 AM   #84
nannye
DIS Veteran

Day 1
Part 5: A sweet treat!

Where were we.... oh that’s right we were rushing down Main Street late for our reservation. However then I saw the photo pass photographers and that gorgeous castle and well you know what we had to do! STOP and take some pics! They are not the best pictures but they are magic!

And then we were off!! We zipped through Tomorrowland..... Any idea where we are going??? We stopped here!
(borrowed from google)

V couldn’t believe it when I told her we were going to a party that had only desserts!!!!

It took a while to get checked in. And I mean a LONG time at least 10 minutes. They really should come up with a faster system.

Thanks to DISBOARDS and the dessert party watch thread, I had managed to book our spots the day bookings opened and we were rewarded with the best seat in the house! We were dead centre in front of the castle in the front row! It didn’t matter for the fireworks portion since we stood at the railing anyways as did everyone else, but it was nice to have the option to stay at our seats!
After putting our stuff down, we grabbed a picture in front of the castle and then headed for the desserts.

The Desserts (Picture borrowed from Google)

I helped V get her plate and she promptly dropped her chocolate mousse TWICE by trying to get stuff herself and not listening. Sigh.... Remember Erin you ARE in Disney! I went then to get stuff for myself and quickly realized I had NO idea what I could eat... Darn I thought the desserts would at least be labelled and they were not. I approached a CM for help and she didn’t know so she went to talk to her manager. I waited a few minutes but they were so busy and she never came back so I just went ahead and picked a few things I KNEW I could eat. (I am deathly allergic to all nuts, pecans, almonds, walnuts.... You get the idea). I was disappointed that I didn’t get to try some different things, but what could I do. Next time I definitely would make sure that I identified my allergy ahead of time so I could get some clarification and I’ve decided next time to do this for all meals as it was a recurring theme.
We ate and watched the gorgeous castle

V had a total blast eating desserts.

She was able to see a tiny bit of the Electrical Parade and then the real magic began with The Magic The Memories & You. I can’t help but I tear up during that show. I do every time, even watching it on the computer.

Next it was time for the main event and V sported her very cool pink headphones. These headphones were a lifesaver. I took V to her first fireworks show when she was 3. It was painful to say the least, she cried through it. The next summer at age 4 she huddled in the stroller with her hands covering her ears while watching Wishes. This time she had her earphones and she LOVED it! It was so nice to watch the show and not have to keep looking at a pained expression on her face. I highly recommend them for anyone with young kids!

I LOVE Wishes, it is without a doubt my favourite fireworks show. I was so sad to see it come to an end.
(Some pics from Wishes, they aren’t mine, I didn’t have my good camera.) It is simply breath taking.

V was a total trooper as we were leaving. I knew I HAD to get her out as soon as possible so we could get back to the hotel and get to bed. I grabbed V’s hand and we booted it out of there. She was fabulous she never complained, never slowed down and never let go of my hand. Crowd levels were a 10 that night and I was NOT up for getting stuck in them. It went smoother and easier than I anticipated. We alternated and dodged people and strollers moving from the street to the sidewalk and back, whichever path was clearer and we got out easily and we were on the first bus back to Port Orleans Riverside. I tucked V into bed and it was the end of a wonderful day.

Well for her maybe. I had at least another hour of work ahead of me; organizing outfits and costumes for tomorrow, unpacking suitcases and decorating the room. Finally it was time to crash and that I did.

And just to end off with this You Tube Video......
http://youtu.be/vpfbmyje1IA

August 2011, V & I @ POP

Last edited by nannye; 11-25-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:40 AM   #85
nannye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I loved the update - I am sorry I missed it...

I love V's skirt and her bag - she looked incredibly adorable and "Disney like" for her first day.

Sorry the boat ride took so long... And you had to wait so long at FQ... We only rode the boat once to DTD and back - it was a nice ride, I thought, but you had a lot further to go than we did.

Glad you finially got to meet The Mouse... I hope you made it to your ADR on time.

And sorry about Elizabeth - hopefully you can do some damage control on her over the next few days.

D~
Thanks D, Elizabeths hair was mostly returned to normal. It took about an hour and a lot of frustration but it did recurl fine with just water!!!!

I am just the most impatient person lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindianne320 View Post
Ooh- can't wait to see where you eat dinner! Love the Mickey and Minnie pictures- sorry the wait was so long!
As you read we didn't eat dinner but dessert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Erin, I know how busy your weeks can be, I just wanted to let you know I AM reading and just wanted to say HI and looking forward to more! V was simply adorable as usual, I LOVE that skirt!
Judy you have so much on your plate! Thank you for reading. I've slowly been catching up on yours it seems like I am always in catch up mode!

August 2011, V & I @ POP

Old 11-25-2012, 11:41 AM   #86
nannye
DIS Veteran

Oh and REAL LIFE UPDATE! !!!!!!

V and I are going to see Taylor Swift in June!!!!!!

August 2011, V & I @ POP

Old 11-25-2012, 12:09 PM   #87
cindianne320
Mouseketeer

YUM! Sorry you didn't know what you could eat I'm disappointed that someone didn't help you!

And YAY for Taylor!!!

7 childhood trips, Off site- 1990-2004, 2007- Universal's Royal Pacific
2010- POR, 2011- POP, 2013- A of A and Disney Dream! 2014-CS
cindianne320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:13 PM   #88
nannye
DIS Veteran

I am in search of the small photo album for Disney World 2011. It holds 200 4x6 photos and says 2011 on it and it's lime green. I've tried ebay and classifieds and no luck. I'm also in search of a 2011 christmas ornament from Disney, whatever as long as it says 2011 on it again no luck. anyone have any suggestions of where else to look?

August 2011, V & I @ POP

Old 11-28-2012, 05:20 AM   #89
DMGeurts

I missed your list update Erin... Sorry about that. Loved all the pictures - that Dessert Party looks like a fabulous place to see the fireworks from. Everyone that has ever done this has had great things to say about it. I may have to addt his to our might do list.

Loved your fireworks pictures, as well.

I would continue to watch Ebay. Otherwise, do a Google IMAGE search and see if any pop up anywhere else, that may be your easiest way to find one.

D~
Old 12-10-2012, 10:27 PM   #90
nannye
DIS Veteran

D thanks for the suggestion on the image search I never thought of it, sadly nothing yet!

I am poppin in to say Hi! Busy Busy Busy Bee over here!

Work is utterly insane.

I ordered a brother pe770 a few weeks ago and am so excited however heres the laugh. I haven't touched it yet! I haven't had time. My mom's mission is to test and play with it. By the time I get home from work around 7 after a full day teaching at school with a good class or a bad class, then V from around 4-6/6:30 (or 8 on wed!) I'm exhausted and sewing is the last thing on my mind. But I've been busy and my mom has been helping and doing get some projects done.
V leaves with her parents in 1 week for a Disney 4 night cruise. I am working on a Cruise dress for her, a princess skirt and matching shirt and I've made a patchwork skirt and just need to make the matching shirt. It should all get accomplished in time! (I hope)

One of these days I will get around to posting pics of the outfits!

I WILL Do a TR update next week after V is gone!

August 2011, V & I @ POP

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: