Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 08:27 PM   #1426
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Yes and 4 again !!Now to go back to Bob and read!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:29 PM   #1427
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

1st post 4- #1,#3,#5,#6
2nd post 4- #6,#7,#8, #20

AND
Video 3- 2 pans past judy
Video 4 - 2 pans past Judy
Video 5 - 2 pans past Judy.
No I did not count frames .... I thought that might be over board
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV MT- POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back

Last edited by Poolrat; 12-10-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #1428
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Looks like you are off to a good start !! I like Cooke's too!!!Also EOS, tough choice !!! Bob looked like a lot of fun !!I have to go see him, I think the Granny trip will be perfect!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:10 PM   #1429
Sam33
DIS Veteran

UGGHGHH! I have been sitting on the DIS all night, refreshing TRs to see if any of the ones I was following would update or what not (mostly yours because I want to COUNT JUDY'S FOR PETE'S SAKE) and OF COURSE I decide to update just as you are and I miss it.

Can you believe I stayed at POR for 6 nights and didn't see Bob? I was so mad at myself I didn't plan it I just assumed we make it there when we were ready but it never happened.
Just one more excuse to go back I guess!
Sam33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #1430
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Nothing better than bite at DTD and then ending the evening with Yee Ha Bob.

Cooke's or EoS Tough choice.

Maybe I will get back there in Jan.

Boat back to DTD and then bus to AKL... I bet that took some time.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV MT- POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:24 AM   #1431
JanaJohn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Hmmm, that could be fun to allow pre-guessing, but that's a dangerous precedent to set....

...See what I mean JanaJohn?
Just like I thought......it didn't work out for me. But it looks like EnglishRose47 put in an excellent guess. I suppose if you really don't want us taking guesses before your post you could ask the person in charge of this topic to make a ruling that pre-guesses are not allowed. Who has the power to make such a ruling?

4/13 POFQ
10/11 BLT
7/07 POFQ
8/85 Golf Resort
JanaJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:19 AM   #1432
natebenma
DIS Veteran

I was behind a couple of updates, but now I'm all caught up!

I agree- Judy should be VERY proud of that WDW entrance photo (oh, and kudos for you for keeping the car nice and steady while she was taking it)

I LOVE the decor of your room, despite the conspicuous lack of Judys.

What an incredible balcony!!! Do you access the balcony from the bedrooms or other rooms of the villa?

That really is scary about not knowing where your parents were. Although Disney seems to have its act together when a child is lost, it seems like they need better procedures in place for missing members on the other end of the age spectrum!

Your parents are adorable by the way! The picture of them in the bride and groom ears is priceless.

How great that everyone was game for starting your trip with some DTD and YeeHaw fun!
natebenma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:01 AM   #1433
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
After a power nap for Gram and Poppy, we got back on our plan for the afternoon. I may or may not have taken some toothpicks with me to hold up their eyelids later.
You could always try a tack on their chairs, too.

Quote:
So.....we’ll be walking slowly for the week.

And...

We’re...

Off...

Here we go...

We’ll be right there...
Oh boy. I sense a lot of FastPass running in your future.

Quote:
Oh yeah, one more thing. We got the card in Judy’s name rather than mine since the ladies were going on a Tea at the Grand Floridian later in the week. That way they could get the discount without me having to be there. And, it got me out of signing the credit card bill at the restaurants for the week. I wish it got me out of paying off the credit card the following month. I guess that’s asking too much.
You don't know until you try.

Quote:
Anyway, we weren’t too long getting the card and soon joined everyone else in World of Disney. And by “everyone else” I mean everyone at Downtown Disney. That place is always a madhouse whenever I go in there.
Like anything else at Disney, it's better at Rope Drop.

Quote:
James soon found a Perry the Platypus hat.

To go with the Lego set he’s holding, apparently.

The girls are very selective with their money, but James would like to select one of everything.
We must never, ever get him and Scotty together. His most oft-repeated phrase is, "Can we buy this?"

Quote:
At first I thought I was just taking a “stupid hat picture” à la the many DISers who do that.
The phrase is catching on! Kathy will be so pleased.

Quote:
I took a quick picture of the new creation outside of the Lego store as we approached. I think we went in for a few moments and James wondered why he’d spent money on a Lego set back at World of Disney when he had so many more choices here. Yeah, good question. I think he forgot that there was Lego store at Downtown Disney.
D'oh!

Quote:
Around this time we were ready to get some dinner. It was kind of funny because the last time we were here, James and I got food from Cooke’s of Dublin and brought it to Earl of Sandwich to eat with the ladies, while they got food there. Their sandwiches were so good that I was thinking that this year we’d all just eat there. But on this evening I discovered that Judy was wishing she’d gotten Cooke’s of Dublin the last time. (Are you followin this?) So we asked Gram and Poppy what they were up for, fish & chips or sandwiches, and they opted for fish & chips. Cooke’s of Dublin it is!
No EoS? I can't help myself, I'd pick that one every time.

Quote:
And we waited. And we waited. Then we started seeing people who ordered after us getting called for their food. Somehow this kind of thing always seems to happen to us. We must look like chopped liver.
Whose side of the family does that come from?

Quote:
Lauren asked me, “why do Gram and Poppy have a schedule and we don’t? Can I see it?” I said, “sure” and gave her my phone to look at the pdf copy I had, but I crossed my fingers that she wouldn’t notice “WW” on the schedule for Friday. It stood for ‘Wizarding World’, and was still a surprise. So far.

Quote:
After we passed Port Orleans French Quarter we saw this utility truck driving toward Riverside, going the same speed as we were. Lauren got them to honk by using the internationally recognized “blow the airhorn” trucker signal. That was kind of fun.
Kind of?? That's awesome!

Quote:
We arrived at Port Orleans Riverside with plenty of time to find a seat before Bob’s set would start. You’ve gotta love the idyllic setting of this resort as you pull in to the boat dock.
Great, underrated resort.

Quote:
Once we sat down, Lauren asked to look at the schedule again and this time she said “What’s ‘WW’?”

Quote:
I’ve described Bob’s show in a couple of trip reports already, so I won’t detail all of his antics again. You can go back and catch up on those if you aren’t already familiar. But he was in tip-top form on this evening and we all enjoyed the fun and energy he brought. My parents got a big kick out of him, which I knew they would.
Awesome. Glad you all had a great time.

Quote:
The men in the audience were called up later to provide the motions for a song about temporary living quarters for youthful gentlemen. Maybe you’ve heard it?
Doesn't ring a bell.
Captain_Oblivious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:28 AM   #1434
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Why do I have a sense of foreshadowing about the whole no scooter scenario? I know reading that did give me some for our trip next year. It is so hard to see our parents have to slow down, isn't it?

What a fun first night tradition and how perfect for your folks anniversary. I felt like we waited forever for our food at Cookes as well, but the end result did seem to make the gang happy so that's good. Pretty funny about getting legos at WOD though.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:42 AM   #1435
MEK
DIS Veteran

I am struggling to see your pictures here in my little "restricted" part of the world, but with my new computer I can actually see a few.

If I'm not mistaken, Nick had on that same hat that James i wearing.

I love Bob and someday I am going to get there before the show starts just so I can meet him. It's such a fun show! I might just have to put a return visit into June's schedule.

That picture of your parents in the bride and groom ears is absolutely precious. What a keeper.

What a great way to spend your evening!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:23 AM   #1436
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
4 JUdys
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
plus 4 Judys
The Rules Committee will give you credit for this as the "reasonable" answer, since I didn't specify in the chapter how we'd be (or if we'd be) counting the videos....because you yourself have pointed out that we've counted video in the past (new, previously unposted video relating to the chapter, which this was....but the time we did it, we counted it as "1"). Also, if other game participants were sticklers, they could complain that you didn't specify a number for each post. But anyway, enjoy your point.

You'll be sharing this chapter's win with another participant, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I said 4 before !!! Go back and check Marv my crydstal ball was correct !!!!!
Quote:
Yes and 4 again !!Now to go back to Bob and read!!!
That's a stretch Rosie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
1st post 4- #1,#3,#5,#6
2nd post 4- #6,#7,#8, #20

AND
Video 3- 2 pans past judy
Video 4 - 2 pans past Judy
Video 5 - 2 pans past Judy.
No I did not count frames .... I thought that might be over board
That's a more complete answer than Marv's, so we're giving you a point for this round and a highly-coveted Eagle Eye point Impressive work Pat!!!

Updated scores:
Jenn (elphie101) - 1 Judy-sighting win, First Subscriber Honors!
Tanya - 1 Judy-sighting win
Pat - 6 Judy-sighting wins, 1 Eagle Eye point
Rosie - 3 Judy-sighting wins
Marvin - 9 Judy-sighting wins, 4 Eagle Eye points
Kelly - 2 Judy-sighting wins
Mark - 4 Judy-sighting wins
Molly - 1 Judy-sighting win
Dan - 2 Eagle Eye points
Kathy - 1 Judy-sighting win
Dee - 3 Judy-sighting wins
Magdalene - 2 Judy-sighting wins
Katharina - 2 Judy-sighting wins
Mary Ellen - 1 Judy-sighting win
MissLiz - 1 Judy-sighting win
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #1437
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update, Glen. I'm actually thinking of POR-Riverside for one of our trips next year so enjoyed the photos. You can tell your folks are enjoying the show. And to James on the stupid hat trying on.
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:38 AM   #1438
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Looks like you are off to a good start !! I like Cooke's too!!!Also EOS, tough choice !!! Bob looked like a lot of fun !!I have to go see him, I think the Granny trip will be perfect!!!
And we haven't even thrown Wolfgang Puck's into the mix yet. If we tried that one, our decision would be even harder. Oh, and I need to try Raglan Road one of these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam33 View Post
UGGHGHH! I have been sitting on the DIS all night, refreshing TRs to see if any of the ones I was following would update or what not (mostly yours because I want to COUNT JUDY'S FOR PETE'S SAKE) and OF COURSE I decide to update just as you are and I miss it.

Believe me, I know the feeling....I've been playing Capt_Oblivious' movie quote-spotting game and have missed the last couple of updates.

{edited to add} I had to come back and edit this to post a link to the update you were making at the time. What a hilarious tooth-brushing story!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam33 View Post
Can you believe I stayed at POR for 6 nights and didn't see Bob? I was so mad at myself I didn't plan it I just assumed we make it there when we were ready but it never happened.
Just one more excuse to go back I guess!
No I can't believe it! Especially when they serve beer there....hello? But if I remember correctly from your planning, you were hoping to do it on your arrival night and it sounds like you were too tired then.

Yep, you need to go back.

Quote:
Nothing better than bite at DTD and then ending the evening with Yee Ha Bob.
We like it. Seems like 3 times in a row makes it a tradition, huh?

Quote:
Cooke's or EoS Tough choice.
It was funny how Judy and I each wanted to go with the others' previous choice.

Quote:
Maybe I will get back there in Jan.

Boat back to DTD and then bus to AKL... I bet that took some time.
Ah, yeah. I didn't feel like ending the chapter with that, but yes, it took some time. We didn't have to wait long for a bus, but the whole multi-mode thing made it kind of an excursion.

Last edited by glennbo123; 12-11-2012 at 12:50 PM.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:47 AM   #1439
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

It looks like a nice little excursion to DTD. I'm glad James left at least 1 or 2 things on the shelf for everyone else to buy.

I've never been a huge fan of spending time at DTD, and we didn't even go there at all last year. We had a nice morning there this trip though and I considered Cookes for lunch.

I love the first night tradition of seeing Yeehaw Bob. I've still never managed to see him, but it is on the Disney Bucket list.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #1440
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanaJohn View Post
Just like I thought......it didn't work out for me. But it looks like EnglishRose47 put in an excellent guess. I suppose if you really don't want us taking guesses before your post you could ask the person in charge of this topic to make a ruling that pre-guesses are not allowed. Who has the power to make such a ruling?
That would be the Rules Committee. It's a group made up of myself, along with rotating secret membership (with overlapping terms) of representatives from organizations such as Skull and Bones, the Illuminati, the Mickey Mouse Club (1950's cast), and Jeopardy! Ultimate Tournament of Champions. We've met and determined not to allow pre-guessing since some participants could claim (although we're sure no one would ) that a chapter was written to include the right number of Judy's to favor certain game participants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I was behind a couple of updates, but now I'm all caught up!
Hi Dee! Great!

Quote:
I agree- Judy should be VERY proud of that WDW entrance photo (oh, and kudos for you for keeping the car nice and steady while she was taking it)
Thank you, there was a slight breeze.

Quote:
I LOVE the decor of your room, despite the conspicuous lack of Judys.
I should've had her stand behind the curtains with just her feet sticking out at the bottom, to shake the game up a little. Dang, now we think of it!

Quote:
What an incredible balcony!!! Do you access the balcony from the bedrooms or other rooms of the villa?
All the rooms had access to the balcony. (Kind of like that scene in the Rodney Dangerfield movie, "Back to School", when they simultaneously enter 3 different dorm rooms to find themselves in one giant suite.) I took the picture from "my" end of the balcony, after just coming out through the door to my bedroom. The next door up, was from the living room, where the kids slept, and then further down was the door from the master bedroom.

Quote:
That really is scary about not knowing where your parents were. Although Disney seems to have its act together when a child is lost, it seems like they need better procedures in place for missing members on the other end of the age spectrum!
We were a little concerned, to say the least.

Quote:
Your parents are adorable by the way! The picture of them in the bride and groom ears is priceless.
Aw, thanks.

Quote:
How great that everyone was game for starting your trip with some DTD and YeeHaw fun!
Yep. We were there for fun, so we got started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
You could always try a tack on their chairs, too.
I can see that you're an idea man, Captain.

Quote:
Oh boy. I sense a lot of FastPass running in your future.
Yes, but....the kids are getting older and we broke Lauren in the last time. Heh heh heh.

Quote:
You don't know until you try.
The times I've done it by accident, they charged me a fee! The jerks.

Quote:
Like anything else at Disney, it's better at Rope Drop.
Now you're writing bumper stickers....there's no end to your creativity!!!

Quote:
We must never, ever get him and Scotty together. His most oft-repeated phrase is, "Can we buy this?"
I love the "we" when we say that. These kids are awfully free with our money, aren't they?

Quote:
The phrase is catching on! Kathy will be so pleased.
I hope so.....I don't want to step on her turf.

Quote:
No EoS? I can't help myself, I'd pick that one every time.
It's never a bad decision.

Quote:
Whose side of the family does that come from?
Um, Judy's?

Quote:
Kind of?? That's awesome!
It never gets old!

Quote:
Great, underrated resort.
Love it.

Quote:
Awesome. Glad you all had a great time.