DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 08:05 AM   #1
stacieps
DIS Veteran

Talking Great results at 7 months!

I'm taking a trip with my 2 teens who don't understand the anxiety and stress I was feeling hoping I'd get the reservations we wanted at the 7 months mark, so I have to come here to share!

Aulani booked for 7/4-7/7 - studio (we're at Marriott timeshare next door from 6/28-7/4)
AND
Villas at Grand Californian booked for 7/7-7/12 - studio

I had booked a week at Aulani a little earlier than I need and then called and changed it a couple times to cover the actual dates I needed (was worried about how popular the 4th might be and saw many other posts about "first day" never being available when looking at 7 months). It took some work but I got what we needed.

VGC had looked good for a availability for the past few days, but I was still very worried going in to this morning - got on a few minutes before 8am and was ready to book as soon as I could, was able to get a studio for the 5 nights I needed (just looked now and 1st night is not available, so I was lucky!)
Old 12-07-2012, 08:16 AM   #2
cbnsoul
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Wow, good job! We are going to VGC for just 1 night before Aulani and the days around it were snapped up very quickly. I was very nervous about securing our Aulani reservation at 7 months but most views were available at 8am. Later that day, however, most days of our trip were gone.
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 08:23 AM   #3
E-P-C-O-T
DIS Veteran

That is the ultimate DVC score, I cannot think of a most perfect vacation. Congrats!

May09 CSR /AKV/BWV Sep09 VWL Jan10 POP/AKV APR10 POP Jun10 AKL/BWV Sep10 BCV Jan11 POP/BWV May11 BCV/BWV Jun/Jul11 SWAN/SSR Sep11 AKV/BWV/BCV Jan12 POP/BCV Feb 12 SSR May12 POP/AKV/BCV Sep12 2012 AKV/BCV/Disney Dream Dec12 Reunion Resort/WL May/Jun13 AKV/BCV/Reunion Resort/BLT Oct13 AKL Dec/Jan14 BCV/AOA/AKV Jan BCV

Currently planning many other trips, but, Mommy is running low on DVC points
E-P-C-O-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:46 AM   #4
bwvBound
DVC SSR & other timeshare

Well done!
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:57 PM   #5
alystad
Earning My Ears

I hope to do this next summer
alystad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:25 PM   #6
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

...Congrats on your trip. The same thing happened to us at our 7 month. We are heading to DLR in June and had been stressing out because I know how hard it is to get a studio at VGC. Well, I was able to secure 7 nights right at 8am. I happened to check the availability later on in the day and a couple of our days were already booked up. Have a wonderful trip.

PoohsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #7
love280mickey
Mouseketeer

I hear you about being so anxious!

I was also thrilled to get 4 days at Grand Cal over July 4th.

Originally I took a studio for 5 days beginning Sunday June 30. Then I waited anxiously for Monday morning to come so I could switch it to a one bedroom July 3-7.

We are in Marriott Newport Coast Villas earlier in the week, and I really wanted to split the week with Disney Grand Cal, I was SO happy it worked out.

Also very glad to hear you got in Hawaii. I'm hoping we can go in 2016 and was/am very concerned about what the availability will be like. I may just rent out my SSR points and buy someones who can book at 11 months to be sure.

Congrats again!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:53 PM   #8
runmommyrun
Mouseketeer

Congrats! We are the opposite of you in June... VGC and then Aulani. I literally was sweating trying to get the reservations. The rooms we wanted were literally booked within 2 hours of our booking. It was stressful! Have a wonderful trip!
Beach Club Villas/Port Orleans-French Quarter, Star Wars Weekend (June 2014); Bay Lake Tower/AoA, MNSSHP & Epcot Food & Wine Festival (Oct. 2013); Aulani and Villas at Grand Californian (June 2013); Bay Lake Tower, Epcot Food & Wine Festival (Oct. 2012); Beach Club Villas/Dream Cruise/Bay Lake Tower (June 2012); Bay Lake Tower, Epcot Food & Wine Festival (Oct. 2011); Bay Lake Tower (June 2011); Vero Beach (March 2011); Saratoga Springs (Jan. 2011); Wilderness Lodge Villas & Bay Lake Tower (Aug. 2010); Vero Beach (March 2010); Wilderness Lodge (June 2009); Off-site (1998, 1997 & 1986)
runDisney
2011 Disney Marathon & Kid Races; 2011 Wine & Dine Half Marathon; Castaway Cay 5K June 2012
DVC Member since March 2010
runmommyrun is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: