Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 02:32 PM   #151
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Your morning with your friend sounds fun too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
I just love spending time with her especially at Disney. She is truly responsible for my Disney obsession. And of course ... she gets it. She shows me new things and my kids love her DD. So it is always special to me when our trips coincide. I never feel like I get to spend enough time with her.

Disney pretzels are always good. Just like the popcorn, I guess. Even though it is just a regular snack, it tastes better because it is from Disney.
Aww! I love spending time with you too, especially at Disney! My DD really likes spending time with your kids. She is usually stuck with me. I can't remember if I said it earlier, but the entire reason we went back to DHS on Wed. night was because she wanted to go to see your kids.

My DD has two snack requirements for any trip to WDW to be considered successful: A Mickey Bar and a pretzel, preferably in Mickey form.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:24 PM   #152
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdev3225 View Post
Now that I am back amongst the living again, I got a nasty stomach bug, let me try and catch up.

Yikes to the tummy bug. We are all dealing with the flu here.

Glad you enjoyed Soarin', I am probably the only person who dislikes that ride. I get seriously sick on it. I can't handle any kind of IMAX movie or things that move like that yet I love MS. Go figure.

I don't get sick on Soarin', but some of the IMAX movies do that to me and so does Star Tours

Garden Grill looks like it was good but I doubt we'll ever eat there. Fish is on the menu and my DH does not eat fish nor does he want it on a plate with his other food. I loved your DS's reaction with the characters. My DGS is 14 and getting him in pics with characters was horrible last trip. I think secretly he likes it but at 14 it isn't cool.

I am sure they would leave off the fish and put more of the Turkey and Tenderloin for you instead. It was a good meal that we really enjoyed. Yes, DS is getting too cool. He really wants to go to Universal and try out the faster coasters over there.

Osbourne lights are one of the main reasons my trip next year is after Thanksgiving. My DH loves the parks at the holidays.

The Osborne lights are amazing. We really loved seeing them. Disney parks have extra magic during Christmas, I think.

The Segway tour looks like it was fun. Glad your DH enjoyed it.

He really did love it. He wants to do it again, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I have my new computer at work today and I can actually see pictures. I love the one BR at SSR. Now I am really homesick and want to stay there again soon!

Yay for being able to see photos !! We really enjoyed our stay at SSR. We were very comfortable there.

I did the Epcot Segway tour and it was amazing. I loved it. I'm so glad your DH enjoyed it. I also would like to do the one at Fort Wilderness. There is also one in the city of Celebration which caught my eye and, not surprisingly, it is much cheaper.

Yes. DH really wants to do the one at FW now.

Beautiful pics of AK!

Thanks !! My BFF sent me some from that day I will post in a little bit.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #153
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post

Aww! I love spending time with you too, especially at Disney! My DD really likes spending time with your kids. She is usually stuck with me. I can't remember if I said it earlier, but the entire reason we went back to DHS on Wed. night was because she wanted to go to see your kids.

My DD has two snack requirements for any trip to WDW to be considered successful: A Mickey Bar and a pretzel, preferably in Mickey form.
It was a total bummer that your phone wasn't working that night. I bet we were ten feet from each other that night. You need to go back in January so you can see us again.

Because everything tastes better if it is Mickey shaped. Word.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #154
jecskc
DIS Veteran

My BFF sent me her photos of our Ak day together so I thought I would share them with you.

She got some really good shots of the gorillas

One came right up to the glass and laid down right in front of us.

Here's a better shot of the baby Okapi nursing.

Her DD and mine

Here are some of her photos of the decorations

Goofy's tree

Pluto's Tree

Chip and Dale's tree

Nemo Tree

Donald's Tree

Old 12-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #156
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 3 – Part 2

So after they were done with the safari, we head over to Camp Minnie Mickey to get some character photos.

Goofy Tree

First were the Chipmunks

Here is my BFF and her DD

My DD and her DD

Here is Dale showing off for me.

Some Christmas dcor.

Next up was Minnie

Donald Duck Tree

Next was Donald Duck

Nemo Tree

Assuming this is Chip and Dale’s tree

At this point, DH showed up with the camera. He was all excited and telling us all about his tour.

Pluto Tree

The kids were starving and wanted to eat at Restaurantasaurus. I would have preffered something else, but that is what they wanted and I didn’t want to fight the crowd to get something different.

Before we went into lunch we got some Dinosaur fastpasses. This was kinda funny. My BFF’s ticket wasn’t working and the CM kept coming over to try and fix it. And it never did work. He kept thinking he had it wall fixed and then it wouldn’t work again the minute he walked away.
It might shock you to learn that the kids got chicken nuggets.

I know ….. really stepping outside the box here.

They got chocolate mousse for dessert.

The top part was too sickly sweet, but once you pushed that out of the way, the mousse underneath was really good.

DH and I shared a burger.

It was good. Your standard CS burger.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #157
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Your BFF got some great animal shots! I love your character and Camp Minnie Mickey pictures - so cute that each of the characters gets their own tree!
Old 12-10-2012, 07:17 PM   #158
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Your BFF got some great animal shots! I love your character and Camp Minnie Mickey pictures - so cute that each of the characters gets their own tree!
She really did !!

Yes, the trees were super cute !! Lots of really cute ornaments on them.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #159
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Great safari pics! Animals. Oh man, the characters wear the CUTEST outfits at Camp Minnie-Mickey at Christmas, don't they?! They are just too adorable. I love it!
Old 12-10-2012, 08:51 PM   #160
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great safari pics! Animals. Oh man, the characters wear the CUTEST outfits at Camp Minnie-Mickey at Christmas, don't they?! They are just too adorable. I love it!
BFF took all of the safari picks. I didn't ride because it was too bumpy with my bad ankle. She did get some great photos !!

They were all super cute in their Christmas finery!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:09 PM   #161
MEK
DIS Veteran

Is that one hippo dead? It's on its side and looks pretty comatose.

Yeah for two lions on the rock. I wish. I wish. I wish. I never get anything that remotely resembles a lion. oh well.

I love all the Christmas trees in Camp Mini Mickey. they are so fun and festive.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-10-2012, 10:30 PM   #162
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Is that one hippo dead? It's on its side and looks pretty comatose.

Yeah for two lions on the rock. I wish. I wish. I wish. I never get anything that remotely resembles a lion. oh well.

I love all the Christmas trees in Camp Mini Mickey. they are so fun and festive.
The fact that the hippos were out of the pool and laying around outside was cool to me. I always see jus the tops of their noses.

I know, right ??? I never get lion photos either. Just an ear or something.

Yes, all of the trees were very cute. We really loved them and all of the cute decorations.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:15 PM   #163
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 3 Part 3

After our lunch, it was time for our Dinosaur FPs

DH, BFF and all of the kids rode. It is too bumpy for my super sore ankle, so I opted to browse the gift shops and take photos.

I saw this shirt and I had to have it. It is long sleeved and those can be hard to find at Disney.

After they got off the ride, DD wanted to get Pluto to sign her hat. Once my BFF saw that Pluto and Goofy were in their Christmas outfits she had to get in line with us. It was a fairly long line, but we were all willing to wait. DH and DS went to go ride Expedition Everest while we were waiting.

DD liked the dog bone ornaments in the tree

Then it was our turn to meet them.

Pluto signing DDs hat.

Santa Goofy

Just as we were getting done, DH and DS met back up with us and we decided to head back to SSR to get some rest.

The Christmas tree on the way out

This day we waited in line for a lot of characters. But looking back on it, the waiting wasn't bad at all since my BFF was with us. It really helps to have a friend along to talk to and distract you from being impatient.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:46 PM   #164
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Meeting characters is honestly one of my favorite things to do at Disney, so I'm glad yall met so many that day! It's especially awesome when they're in special outfits, like Santa Goofy!

I love the shirt you bought! They have such cute Christmas merchandise.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #165
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Meeting characters is honestly one of my favorite things to do at Disney, so I'm glad yall met so many that day! It's especially awesome when they're in special outfits, like Santa Goofy!

I love the shirt you bought! They have such cute Christmas merchandise.
They do and it is hard not to buy all of it. And then I come home and have what Stringbean calls "souvenir regret".

Last edited by jecskc; 12-11-2012 at 06:11 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: