Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 05:41 PM   #46
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Night Turning Around!

When we left off we found out that Hallowishes was going to be showing that night. All I have ever heard was how amazing these fireworks were, and how it was probably the best fireworks Disney has. I would have to agree!!!

The soundtrack is perfectly perfect. It was on constant replay when I returned home. The ending is perfect when the fireworks go off around the whole hub, it reminded a lot of the Summer Nightastic firework show.

After Hallowishes we headed over to frontierland in hopes that the second Boo to You parade would happen. We were told that it would be! Thank goodness!!!

The good thing about this party was that the crowds went down to almost no one. There was so many empty spots for the parade it was crazy. We ended up getting a spot right across from country bears by the churro stand, which only meant one thing…..get a churro!

I decided to sit and since my butt was already wet from the first round of Boo to You parade it's not like it would matter if I sat in another puddle. But this time I sat on my poncho…learned from my mistake!

Again the soundtrack to Boo to You is perfect! I got it before hand therefore I was singing a long which turned out in my favor later on.

Alish?!

One of the funniest part had to be when this boy showed up

Brittanys response “Who is that boy?.......ohhhh Christopher Robin!”
Nope just a boy who is hanging out with pooh and friends

Peter Pan, Wendy and the lost boys = Perfect!
I think that being friends with Wendy would not be a bad life at all, just hanging out peter and the lost boys all day. Who could complain about that?

soon it came to the part of the parade everyone loves, the haunted mansion!!!

The country bears!!! Ahhh my favorite.
But really me, Alicia and Brittany are obsessed. But not really. I haven’t set foot in that place in the longest time. That was a show my mother would always drag us to when we were wee little ones. So it holds a place in my heart.

The villians!!! They defiantly, hands down, have the best song for the parade.

Knowing the Boo to You song can give you a better chance at getting the goofy candy company mickey mouse suckers. The cast members in the parade hand them out and I was lucky enough to snag me 3. Me and one of the CM were enjoying singing to each other. But it was actually more of him starring into my soul…. Real awkward.
He must have appreciated it since he gave me a sucker. I was nice enough to share them with Brittany and Chelsea.

Hallowishes and Boo to You are perfectly perfect in ever way.
If anyone is thinking about a trip to Disney in September and October I would highly suggest Mnnshp.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:27 PM   #47
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

I sooo want to go to WDW in October. The Boo to You Parade looks like so much fun!! How did the treats from the CM taste?? -Amanda
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2012, 06:48 PM   #48
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Just found this TR and got all caught up!

How neat you stayed at the Grand Floridian! I haven't stayed there in such a long time. I have seen the "Teddy Bear Lady" every trip since I found out about her. That's such a sad story.

I love all your costumes! Very cute!
Old 12-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #49
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrice View Post
I sooo want to go to WDW in October. The Boo to You Parade looks like so much fun!! How did the treats from the CM taste?? -Amanda
It's perfect in October! I loved it
The treats where the best things I ever had

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Just found this TR and got all caught up!

How neat you stayed at the Grand Floridian! I haven't stayed there in such a long time. I have seen the "Teddy Bear Lady" every trip since I found out about her. That's such a sad story.

I love all your costumes! Very cute!
Thanks for joining along!
Her story is really sad, I love how Disney welcomes her with open arms.
Thank you so much!

Old 12-10-2012, 11:52 AM   #50
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Dream Crusher

Since we were in frontierland we decided to head towards to 2 mountains. We didn’t go on Splash because we were wet enough from all the rain. But we did go through and get our candy!

We made our way over the Big Thunder where once again there was no wait. Perfect!!!

Once our wildest ride in the wilderness came to an end we decided to try to find some dinner since we haven’t had anything since Le Cellier. We made our way to Frontierland once again to find that Pecos Bills was closed….NO! I need dinner

Once finding this out Brittany was not a happy camper.
1) That’s her favorite quick service and she was looking forward to her pulled pork sandwich since our last trip in May
2)She’s not a happy camper when she is hunger

Being the mopey children we were with having no dinner that night we went to Woodys dance party. I have a little obsession with Toy Story so I was really happy that we made it to the dance party.

No longer than 5 minutes being there did Alicia and Andy get called out. The DJ started playing supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, it was defiantly a precious sight to see.

We all then jammed out to one direction with Woody and Bullseye. Definitely a good way to end the night!

Once the song was done there was a mother who was trying to get pictures of Alicia and Andy from a far. Her little girl then came up to Alicia and asked for her autograph, Alicia told her that she wasn’t allowed to because she wasn’t the real Mary Poppins. Lets just say the little girl was not happy with it, and moped around for the rest of the party.

We decided it was time to leave the party but before we did, we got some more candy! I mean why not?

We ended up running into the little girl and her family again when walking through liberty square back to Main Street. She was still sad, and we yelled at Alicia for ruin that little girls dream. She probably is going to hate Mary Poppins when she grows up when she remembers her not signing her autograph book.

MNSSHP came to an end, we headed down main street and went into the shops. Alicia bought the MNSSHP tshirt, the rest of us were looking at purchasing the Halloween 2012 tshirt inside. I personally liked it better than the party shirt.

We said goodbye to the Magic Kingdom and made our way to the monorail. We ended up getting split up. Alicia, Andy and Chelsea got on one car while me and Brittany went into another one.

Everyone pretty much got out at the ticket and transportation center which left me and Brittany with our own monorail! PARTY!!

After only being in disney for 2 days I was wiped out!

Brittany on the other hand was crazy, maybe it was the lack of food

What to do when you have your own monorail? PLANK

Our gracious monorail dropped us off at the GFLO, time for some sleep! Gotta get up bright and early tomorrow. On our way back to the room we stopped to take a photo that has to be one of my favorites from the whole trip

When we made it back to the room it became the waiting game for the shower. Alicia was over tired and you could tell.

Brittany decided to have cereal for dinner, Chelsea had candy she got that night and just waited for breakfast in the morning.

My candy is still sitting in my room, I had some but not a lot. I’m not even sure if it is good anymore…

Overall the night was good. I was expecting it to be bad with how it started off. The only thing I missed that I really wanted to see was Madame Carlotta and The Villains Mix and Mingle. It’s just another reason to plan another MNSSHP trip. Luckily enough I was able to convince my mother into going next year after our cruise. Brittany will also be joining us so it is sure to be a good time!
Old 12-10-2012, 08:30 PM   #51
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Pecos Bill's was closed?! Bummer!

I do like that picture of "Cinderella" losing her shoe. I love those stairs!
Old 12-13-2012, 10:32 PM   #52
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Pecos Bill's was closed?! Bummer!

I do like that picture of "Cinderella" losing her shoe. I love those stairs!
I know, crazy Disney why do you close your restaurants when a party is still going on and you have hungry guests?!
Old 12-13-2012, 10:43 PM   #53
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Time Traveling Like It's Our Job

Rise and Shine, No sleeping in Disney!
We woke up at 6:45, gotta get to those morning extra magic hours.
I had to start my day off right, breakfast this morning was a delicious school bread.

By 7:30 Brittany, Chelsea and I were at the bus stop waiting for an Animal Kingdom bus. Once we made it to our destination we headed to what seemed like the longest bag check I have ever waited in. By the looks of the crowds I was nervous to see how busy it would be that morning.

Once we made it through bag check and through the gate our main thing to do was head over to Brittany’s favorite ride….Dinosaur

There was no one! Like seriously no one there, it was so dead. We walked through the non existent line, to our very own preshow viewing room.

I don’t know if it was just because we were tired but we thought it was the coolest thing ever. Once our private viewing ended we were off to catch us a dinosaur. More people started showing up, no ride vehicle to ourselves this time around.

Chelsea looks real glad to be in Disney

WE’RE NOT GOING TO MAKE IT!!
Just kidding we arrived back to the loading dock safely and decided to go on it one more time. Once again there was no line, it was deserted. Unfortunately we were 3 other family’s in the preshow room. Oh well I shouldn’t be complaining.

We decided to hold back before rushing to get on the ride. The cast member asked how many and we were placed in the front row. We noticed that no one was behind us so we asked if we could all sit in a different row. OUR OWN TIME MACHINE VEHICLE! AHHH

we had enough Dinosaur experience for one day. We headed over to Primeval Whirl, this ride hurts me from all the jerking around but it does make me laugh uncontrollably. While going up the first hill me and Brittany discussed how much Disney loves time traveling.
So much time traveling in one morning!

After being thrown around like a rag doll it was time to go visit the disco yeti. The wait time was about 5 minutes at most. I love morning EMH!
I did a bad thing and rang the bells. It was on my list to do, therefore I had to.
This time around Brittany decided to go solo.

Lets go find us a Yeti!

Everest is a perfect ride, I could go on it all day and never get bored. That being said once we got off the first time we jumped back into the line. To my surprise guests were ringing the bells like it was no tomorrow. I can proudly say I started that! But I'm sort of sad that I did, those bells are annoying just like the marble doors at the RNR.

While the line wasn’t very long, there was one thing me and Brittany had to do. Be that statue!

This time around me and Brittany rode together and got the front. We were freaking out like little children, it was a great morning.

Where to next? Nobody Knows!
Old 12-14-2012, 04:01 PM   #54
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

AKL is the only park I have ever done EMH at. They are so much fun!! I never realized how much Dinsey likes to time travel. lol Oh, I love that picture of Brittany as Cinderella.-Amanda
Old 12-16-2012, 04:05 PM   #55
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrice View Post
AKL is the only park I have ever done EMH at. They are so much fun!! I never realized how much Dinsey likes to time travel. lol Oh, I love that picture of Brittany as Cinderella.-Amanda
Thank goodness for EMH the longer I can be in the parks the better!
Old 12-16-2012, 04:11 PM   #56
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Monkey Bill + Disney Food = Love

We were not sure what to do next, Chelsea suggested the safari, I haven’t done this ride in forever! I was a little bummed because they took out the whole poacher story line and are now making a new home for some zebras.

We hit the wall of people and the EMH crowds grew into about a 30 min wait. The line was never ended and I was glad to see the end of it. We got in our truck and on we made our way on our 2 weeks trek.

After a long 2 week safari and seeing some pretty cool animals we rushed over to the other side of the park. For what? My favorite show ever…Finding Nemo The Musical! There was a family walking in front of us who were trying to make it to the next show also. We followed close behind them, mostly because they were clearing a path.

We finally made it and got pretty good seats, I mean there really isn’t any bad seats in the theater, as long as I didn’t have to stand I was good.

After Nemo we took a walk over to Camp Minnie and Mickey to see Brittany’s favorite show, The Festival of the Lion King. While crossing over the bridge I pointed out the Dragon waterfall.

I believe that Disney shouldn’t do avatarland and instead just bring back beastly kingdom. I think that having that whole section would make the park better in the way of having more things for their guests to do. Plus they already have all the dragon décor located around the park.

Anyways onto FoTLK, we got there pretty early which ended up making us be the first ones in line. I wasn’t complaining. The only thing is that we waited a good amount of time doing nothing. With all our extra time we planned out what we were going to do after the show.

Finally it was time, everyone was ready to make a run for it to get a good seat. Brittany said she just didn’t want to be in the Giraffe section, to bad going in I couldn’t remember where they sat.

The show started and guess what section we were sitting in, the giraffes of course! I wasn’t complaining we got seats right behind the handicap seating. All was good.

During the show Brittany made a friend with one of the monkeys, we decided to call him monkey bill. The back story of there love…. During one of the big musical numbers Brittany decided it would be a good idea to yawn, this action caught the eye of monkey bill making him stare at her until she become very uncomfortable. Since then it was love at first sight.

After the show ended we decided to have some delicious Disney food. I knew exactly where I was going….Pizzafari or what my family likes to call it Pete’s Safari. Brittany headed over to Flame tree to get a pulled pork sandwich she couldn’t get last night. Chelsea decided to come to pizzafari with me.

One thing I learned from this experience is to make sure to go over the dinning plan with a newbie. The line was long and I told Chelsea that she gets an entre, beverage and dessert. For some reason she couldn’t process it, she asked me if she could just get breadsticks and count it as a meal. No, this is not school they do not allow that.

After explaining it one more time, she decided to go with the same thing I did. Pepperoni Pizza, Caesar salad, coke and chocolate mousse. When we got our food is was time to try and find Brittany. Once we found her we were lucky enough to find an open table.

Brittanys food from Flame Tree

After stuffing our faces, we let our stomach digest and did some browsing in the stores. We did everything we wanted to get done at Animal Kingdom so we made our way to the front of the park and to our bus stop. Back to the Gflo we go

With Alicia and Andy

While we were at Animal Kingdom they enjoyed a nice lunch at Kona. They took a lovely ride on the monorail to the Poly

They were seated and got their drinks which I would assume to be sprite and pomegranate lemonade

For there entrees Alicia got the Big Island Tacos (I think)

Andy got the Sustainable Fish (once again I think)

After finishing a delicious entrée it was time for some dessert!

Alicia got

Andy got

Which looks like he enjoyed very much

They finished up at Kona and made there way back to the Gflo where we all met back up at the room.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:58 AM   #57
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Aloha Cousin

While on the bus back to the Gflo some people did not understand the saying “No sleeping in Disney!!!”

Wake up girls or you’re going to be ridding on a Disney bus all night! We got to the gflo and saw Lynne again hanging out in the lobby. When we walked back to our room we also saw a wedding party taking photos. Seriously how perfect would a disney wedding be?!

When we got to our building we noticed that the mousekeeping was in our room. We awkwardly hung out but the elevators until she was done. While waiting Alish and Andy arrived and we all were one big pack of creepers. When mousekeeping was done we quickly got changed into our suits and grabbed our refillable mugs.

Down to the pool we go. The new Alice and wonderland kid area just opened up a couple days before we arrived. It is one of the cutest things ever, if only I was a child again!

next came the should we go swimming? Maybe I will just go in and not get my hair wet because we have to get ready to dinner soon. That of course did not happen, I can’t go swimming and not go under water it just does not happen. Chelsea was once again missing in action, she was just sitting at the table playing on her phone. Lame!

Soon Chelsea decided to join us but about 10 minutes later the lifeguards were telling us to get out because a storm was on the way. Just our luck. It was ok though because it was time to get back to the room to get ready for dinner. We filled up our mugs and headed on our way.

We got back to the room, got ready and we were off to dinner. One of my favorite places ever to eat!
We jumped onto the monorail and got off to see this beautiful sign

We walked through the lobby of the resort we were supposed to stay at this trip. We saw a huge line forming for those guests who wanted to eat at Ohana. Thank goodness we had reservations! We checked in and got a buzzer. At first I was shocked to see so many people waiting for a table, but then I remember we had reservations for 5:05 and the restaurant opens at 5. As we waited the ohana staff opened the restaurant with the song Hawaiian roller coaster ride.

ALOHA COUSIN! (A saying that is used all to much between my father and me, he just gets my disney love)

We waited maybe 5 minutes which was just enough time for a guest to come up to me and asked me where I got my toy story toms, once I told her I made them myself she was a little sad because she wanted to purchase them. Maybe 2 minutes later a hostess came over to me and told me how much she loved my shoes. Thank you cousin!

Soon we were called, bring on the food I have been preparing myself for this day!
We were given the delicious pineapple coconut bread

Soon the storm was rolling in. Outside on one side of the restaurant it was dark and rainy and on the other said the sun was still shinning.

Next came out the salad. Chelsea didn’t eat any because she doesn’t like salad. Ok more for me!

Next onto the side, these are probably my favorite thing of the whole meal. I don’t really need the meat they give you just give me all the sides. Those noodles are just soo good I loaded my plate which was probably not the best idea because there is so much to try.

Sadly I forgot to take any pictures of the meat we got, I was just to excited in chowing down. After being stuffed they brought out the best dessert ever. It was a miracle somehow there was enough room in my belly to scarf it down. I remember the first time I went to Ohana I was not looking forward to bread pudding as a dessert, luckily I tried some and now I am in love and make it at home all the time thanks to allears.

Me and Brittany pretty much spilt this because Chelsea didn’t want any, of course we made her try just a little.
After we finished everything we possibly could we swiped our card and were on our way. We decided to look in the gift shops because we had some time to kill.

We then asked the CM working in the gift shop if they had any large bags, she didn’t have any so we went out into the hallway gift shop area where a CM only could give us one, she told us she wasn’t allowed to give them away?

Goodbye Poly!!!

while making our way to the bus stop Brittany thought it would be a good idea for me to plank the benches, my stomach on the other hand was not a fan, to much ohana food.

We waited for a bus, as I entertained my friends with my beautiful singing and dancing
Old 12-28-2012, 08:15 PM   #58
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

In Your Imagination

Our bus to our destination has arrived, off to Hollywood studios we go. We were the only people on the bus which wasnn’t a big surprise because the park closed in an hour, we were going just to see Fantasmic.

We arrived late so it wasn’t that huge line that I normally end up waiting in, we rushed in hoping to get a seat, we were being shown all the way down to the left. We didn’t have bad seats at all. Since it rained not to long ago the bleachers were wet, the reason why we got the bag. We ripped up the bag that the Poly CM gave to us and laid it down on the wet bleacher.

While we were waiting for the show to start there was a little preshow to keep the guests entertained. I definitely enjoyed it a lot, first they started off with a sing off where the arena was cut in have and we had to sing the song after hearing a snippet. Our side got yo ho a pirates life for me and summer loving from grease.

On with the show! Fantasmic is perfect. Alicia’s friend Ryan who went to florida with her to do the dcp worked costuming at fantasmic, that must be a pretty fun job.

Hey Ryan where is Lilo?
Once fantasmic ended it was time to try and fight the crowds. I ended up being left behind which didn’t really faze me because I would have just met back with them at the bus stop but my nice friends stopped in the middle of traffic to find me. Once our party was together we waited in line at the Saratoga Springs bus stop. Brittany was pretty excited that she matched the color of Hollywood studios

While we were at Hollywood Studios, Alicia and Andy were at dinner.

I really love fort wilderness. I stayed here when I was a wee little one so I have no memory of what it is like.

While waiting to be seated they played a quick game of checkers

They were soon seated and they couldn’t wait for the potato bar

We took a nice bus ride to Saratoga, got off at congress park and made our way to visit my beloved grand villa. Seriously if only I could stay there again, disney and there pixie dust. That’s never going to happen again.

Our main reason wasn’t to go a look at a building I once stayed in but to take the walk to downtown Disney. It was a better plan to take a bus to Saratoga from HS than take a bus back to the Gflo to get a bus to DTD. The walk from Saratoga isn’t a bad walk at all.

We decided to head over to the world of Disney, our first order of business was to try and find the Halloween shirts. No where to be found! We asked a CM and they said they were all out.

The children tonight where just crazy, parents need to keep an eye on them. One child took every single gift card they could reach and spread them all over the ground. I was going to get a picture of it but the parent caught there child in action. Not soon after I found this precious thing trying on all the bracelets.

Alicia than texted me saying that they just arrived and where walking around world of disney. So we all met in the middle by all the Halloween stuff. At this time I was pretty mute, my throat was killing me…. No getting sick in disney!!!!

We decided to head back to the room after taking a quick detour to the Christmas store. But before we did that picture time!

Brittany always gets an ornament for her Christmas tree every time she comes to Disney. After a long time decided she ended up getting 2 for her mom. I want to say one was mickey as a haunted mansion CM and I forget the second one.

I really like the mouse ear hat ornaments but then again I love the ear hats and have a small collection

I was so crabby from being sick that I ended up just sitting in the middle of the store while I waited for Brittany to purchase them and then have them mailed to her house.

Once she finished we all headed to the bus stop and made our way back to the Gflo. My sister was on top of things and had medicine back in the room. But then again she was the one sick when we arrived so I blame her for my sore throat. I took the medicine, took a shower and passed out! Hopefully tomorrow will be better then tonight.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:31 AM   #59
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

I just read update after update today as I try to recover from being sick in Disney during Christmas! Thanks for providing so much entertainment! I am amazed that you all had so much energy to keep on going.

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 01-01-2013, 11:57 AM   #60
Belle83
DIS Veteran

I'm all caught up I'm sorry you got sick at Disney, that's the worst!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: