Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 08:11 PM   #31
Spunky946
DIS Veteran

We are staying at AKV right before you get there from Jan 19-27th and I'm so excited. I hope you have a great time.

Your plans look great.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:52 AM   #32
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunky946 View Post
We are staying at AKV right before you get there from Jan 19-27th and I'm so excited. I hope you have a great time.

Your plans look great.
Awesome... have a great time! Let me know how you like AKV. I will be waiting to hear.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #33
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

So sorry I have not been on the Disboards for awhile. My whole family was sick before and during Christmas and then very busy with all the Christmas celebrations. I hope everyone had a great Christmas and Happy New Year!

Day #1 – Jan 31st Surprise and Arrival Day!

We are going to wake up like any other day and try to get the kids ready for “school”. I will have their backpacks ready for the plane with activity books, some snacks and I am going to have t-shirts ready that says “Disney Family Vacation Jan 31 – Feb 10, 2013”. I will ask the kids to go into their bags and ask for their school agenda to sign and watch them open up their t-shirts. I think they will ask “What is this” and I will say “We are going to Disney today instead of school….is that okay?” Hopefully they will have a good reaction; the only thing is my MIL asked my daughter already if she is excited to go to Disney. I could have shot her; she knows it is a secret so I don’t know why she said anything. Oh well, my daughter has a clue that we are going, but doesn’t know when so it still will be a surprise for them. I just think I won’t get as big of a reaction now. My DD will be “I knew it”. At least my DS will be surprised because he has no clue.

We will leave our house by 9-9:30am and head to the Detroit Airport which is a two-two and a half hour drive. By the time we park, check in our luggage and head through security it will be noon ish. We will have lunch

Then we will have probably an hour wait until we board the airplane

The flight from Detroit to Orlando is 2.5 hours so we should arrive at MCO by 5pm, which we will then catch the Magical Express.

We received our yellow luggage tags and booklet already… yahoo!!

Once we get to AKL Kidani Village and get checked in we will go to our room (which should be ready) and check it out. Very exciting!! We will then either go to AKL Jambo to the Mara or go to DTD to Earl of Sandwich for supper. We will tour around a bit after supper then head back to the resort for an early night.

Next up… Day 2, what to do?
Old 01-05-2013, 01:02 PM   #34
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Day #2 Resort Day - Feb 1/13

I don't know but I maybe a little crazy... second day at WDW and not going to a park yet.

Today we are going to get into vacation mode and just relax today. We will wake up whenever, but before 9:30am. We have breakfast ADR at 10am at:

Boma! Never been here before, but reading a lot of good things about Boma on the Disboards.

Then we will tour around the resort, maybe join in the activities they have planned for kids at AKL. Maybe let the kids choose what they would like to do. If it's nice weather they might want to swim or check out the kids splash park area. Just an all around relaxing "no plans" (except the ADRs) day. I know my DD wants to see AoA, so we may take the bus and go check it out.

Then we have supper planned here:

Whispering Canyon Cafe. I made the ADR before the menu changed because we were here before a few years ago and enjoyed it. Hopefully it will still be good.

After dinner maybe we will go to DTD and check out the street entertainment. We like the guy that plays the didgeridoo. We have seen him for the past two years that we have gone. If he isn't there then we may just head back to the resort and check out the night vision goggles to watch the animals at night.

Then an early bedtime for the next day at the park finally...
Old 01-05-2013, 01:36 PM   #35
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Day #3 - Feb 2/13 - 1st Park Day!! DHS

We are going to wake up early and make the EMH rope drop at:

We plan on going to

We would like to ride Toy Story Mania, then get fastpasses for later. If the wait time isn't too big then we may go back on again. That way we can ride TSM 3 times.

After that we will probably go:

My DD hates this ride, so I am going to try and talk her into going by saying we will buy her a souvenir at the gift shop after the ride or if that doesn't work then DH will go and take DS and then I will go and take DS after. Tower of Terror is my favourite WDW ride. So much fun!!

Then we will go over to my DH & DS's favourite ride:

Again I don't know if DD will go on this ride but if not I don't have to go so we will just walk around and take pictures of DHS and wait for DH and DS to go on once or twice if there isn't much of a line up.

We will probably go on Star Tours after. Then maybe meet some characters like:

We have lunch ADR here for the Fantasmic package:

I have heard mixed reviews, but I wanted to try somewhere new. Last time I did not like 50's Cafe. Hopefully Mama Melrose is good?!

After lunch I would like to go to:

We have never done this before so I think it will be fun!

After this we will do a few shows and maybe a few more rides until it is time for:

We may have supper at Pizza Planet if we are hungry.

That will be a busy but fun day at Disney's Hollywood Studios!

Next up... Another relaxing day or day at the park????
Old 01-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #36
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

The surprise sounds fun!

We LOVE LOVE LOVE Boma, I have never tried it for breakfast though. I'm sure you will like it! A relaxing day at AKL sounds PERFECT to me! I wouldn't have said that in the past, but after dh and I spent a few of our afternoons there, I could spend a whole TRIP there and never go to the parks!
Old 01-05-2013, 01:56 PM   #37
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

You should definitely get to ride TSM at least twice if you are headed to EMH! That first hour will be pretty slow, you can jump on and ride and then grab a FB right afterwards. I'm guessing you could probably jump right back on at that point with a pretty short wait!

Ahhh....you are making me jealous with all this resort/relaxing day talk!
Old 01-05-2013, 03:45 PM   #38
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Your plans sound great. We love BOMA for breakfast.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #39
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
The surprise sounds fun!

We LOVE LOVE LOVE Boma, I have never tried it for breakfast though. I'm sure you will like it! A relaxing day at AKL sounds PERFECT to me! I wouldn't have said that in the past, but after dh and I spent a few of our afternoons there, I could spend a whole TRIP there and never go to the parks!
That is great to hear because we have a few free days that we will be relaxing at the resort. I was worried that we may get bored. I am glad that we choose an awesome resort to hang out at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
You should definitely get to ride TSM at least twice if you are headed to EMH! That first hour will be pretty slow, you can jump on and ride and then grab a FB right afterwards. I'm guessing you could probably jump right back on at that point with a pretty short wait!

Ahhh....you are making me jealous with all this resort/relaxing day talk!
Awesome because we love this ride. One year we went we couldn't even go on the ride because the fastpasses were out and it was a two hour stand by line, which we were not going to do. Crazy.

about the resort relaxing days. We are in WDW for 11 days but only purchased a 5 day pass so we had the rest of the days to just relax and do whatever we want. I am glad you say that AKL is a great place to relax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
Your plans sound great. We love BOMA for breakfast.
Awesome!! Can't wait
Old 01-08-2013, 07:46 PM   #40
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Day #4 – Feb 3/13

Today is another relaxing, “winging it” resort day.

We can get up whenever we feel like it today. Maybe join in on the activities that are going on around the resort. If the weather is nice do some more swimming. We love swimming so crossing fingers and toes for good weather.

Not sure where we will have lunch today, maybe at another resort, maybe at our resort or maybe at DTD. Any suggestions you have for a QS lunch would be great???

Today is kind of a boring day to report about. We don’t have any plans except an ADR at TRex.

I am a little nervous going here because I heard the noise level is huge. We have been to Rainforest Café and the kids loved it, so I am hoping that this will be like RC.

continued in next post...
Old 01-08-2013, 08:06 PM   #41
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Day #5 – Feb 4/13 – Epcot Day

Yahoo… second park day!

We will start with an ADR with the princesses at Akershus for 8:10am.

After breakfast we will head to my DS’s other favourite ride Test Track. Ride it then get fast passes to ride again later. After that we will go to Soarin’ then Spaceship Earth which is one of my DD favourite rides. By then our fast passes should be ready to return so back to Test Track.

very old picture of the kids in front of test track, 2009. Man they look so little where did the time go.

Other rides we will go to:
Figment, Turtle Talk with Crush, The Seas with Nemo, Maelstrom, and Gran Fiesta Tour. We may go to Mission: Space but I am not a fan of this ride. I don’t know why but it’s the only ride that I end up getting a headache afterwards.

We will probably have lunch sometime in between the rides at Sunshine Seasons.

After lunch and maybe some more rides we will head to the World Showcase and visit some Kidcot stations. The kids really enjoy colouring a mask or Duffy (whichever they offer this year). We must likely do a Phineas and Ferb Challenge or two. My kids really enjoyed Kim Possible.

A picture of the kids in 2011 in front of the gardens in Canada with their Duffy's from the Kidcot station.

We have an ADR at Rose & Crown for 7:45pm to be able to watch Illuminations from the restaurant. Hopefully it is not too cold out because we would like to sit on the patio to get a good view of the fireworks.

This day will be a full day at the park. After we will go back to the resort and probably crash.

Continued in next post...
Old 01-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #42
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Day #6 – Feb 5/13

Today is yet another relaxing, “winging it” resort day.

We can get up whenever we feel like it today. Maybe join in on the activities that are going on around the resort. If the weather is nice do some more swimming.

Not sure where we will have lunch today, maybe at another resort, maybe at our resort or maybe at DTD. Any more suggestions you have for a QS lunch would be great???

Today is kind of a boring day to report about. We don’t have any plans except an ADR at Sanaa for supper. I am really looking forward to eating here. I have heard nothing but good things about this restaurant. I really hope they don’t mind letting my 10year old DD eat off the kids menu though. She is a really picky eater and there will be nothing that she would eat here.

After supper we have no plans so maybe just relax in our room, let the kids play with their toys I am sure they would have purchased by now. And maybe my DH and I can enjoy a drink on the balcony.

This trip is really a mix of relaxation and busy long days at the parks. I am not 100% it will turn out that way but I am hoping.

Up next... after all this relaxation, what to do for our last four days...ummm...
Old 01-08-2013, 08:36 PM   #43
MelMel11
Mouseketeer

Count me in!!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:49 PM   #44
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Ooooh, Illuminations from R&C! I have always wanted to try that out! I LOVE that you are doing 11 days but only 5 day park tickets. If I had 11 days to vacation at Disney, this is how I would do it! Most people say they need a vacation AFTER their vacation to Disney and I think you guys won't feel that way, it sounds like you can really go all day on your park days, knowing that the next day you will get to relax. It sounds fantastic!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:49 PM   #45
fanofWD
Earning My Ears

joining in late, but excited to be here!

Me 29 DH 30 DD 5 DS 0

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: