Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 05:23 PM   #1
tstidm1
DIS Veteran

Sea World in January

Thinking about doing a Universal Studios/Sea World trip in January. I have some questions about Sea World. How much of the park is Roller coasters? I know Universal has a good amount of them and I'm not a big Roller coaster fan (except for the Mummy must be the dark ride feel). How crowded is Sea World on a MLK Day weekend? Is it busier than other times in January or closer to July? Ready to do a non-Disney Trip, but want to get good value out of the parks I choose.
June 2011 Off Site
July 2012 Pop Century
March 2013 All Star Sports
July 2014 Dis Exclusive ABD Backstage Magic

Maybe March 2015 trip to Universal Orlando (Going to the Dark Side maybe).
tstidm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #2
Jenny3
DIS Veteran

Sea World has two great coasters, Kracken and Manta - thoroughly enjoyed them both! Not sure about MLK weekend though

Nov 2012 - IA & US Orlando, SW, DC
Dec 2011 - WDW, Boardwalk Villas
Feb 2004 - WDW, IOA, Fort Wilderness Cabins
April 2000 - DL & US Hollywood
Jenny3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 02:27 AM   #3
MilitaryMouse
Earning My Ears

If you're not into roller-coasters, there's still A LOT to do at Sea World. There's a ton of great shows (Blue Horizons, One Ocean, A'Lure, Clyde and Seamore and Pets Ahoy), animal feedings (we loved the dolphin feeding), and aquariums to walk through. There's also non-rollercoaster rides - Turtle Trek and Wild Arctic. We really love Sea World, with or without going on roller-coasters. We got to see trainers interacting with the beluga whales last time, which was awesome. I think you'll have a great time!

*Disney Land 1995 Offsite**Disney World 2001 Offsite**Universal Orlando and Busch Gardens 07/2011 Royal Pacific Resort**Disney World 11/2011 All Star Sports DHs' First Trip!**Disney World 6/2012 Pop Century Anniversary Trip**Disney World 9/2012 All Star Sports and SeaWorld HGI**Disney World 12/2012 Shades of Green Christmas Trip**Last Disney World & Universal Studios Trip Before We Move! 01/2013*
MilitaryMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:38 AM   #4
KBF
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstidm1 View Post
Thinking about doing a Universal Studios/Sea World trip in January. I have some questions about Sea World. How much of the park is Roller coasters? I know Universal has a good amount of them and I'm not a big Roller coaster fan (except for the Mummy must be the dark ride feel). How crowded is Sea World on a MLK Day weekend? Is it busier than other times in January or closer to July? Ready to do a non-Disney Trip, but want to get good value out of the parks I choose.
January is a super slow month. Even on MLK weekend. Seaworld will always be less crowded than Universal/IOA or Disney.
KBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:27 AM   #5
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

One of the reasons our family loves SeaWorld so much is that there is something for everyone at that park. I am not a coaster lover (or a ride lover in general) so often feel like my boys get more out of a theme park than I do. But at SW, we *all* get attractions we love and have equally as good a time.

The shows are fantastic and its well worth seeing them all. The exhibits are excellently done, the park itself is beautiful, you can feed all the different sea animals, the coasters are top-notch (DH and DS have declared Manta to be their favourite coaster ever, and we have been to alot of theme parks!!) , and the food at the park is great. I think you will love it!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #6
cmdrutzler
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitaryMouse View Post
If you're not into roller-coasters, there's still A LOT to do at Sea World. There's a ton of great shows (Blue Horizons, One Ocean, A'Lure, Clyde and Seamore and Pets Ahoy), animal feedings (we loved the dolphin feeding), and aquariums to walk through. There's also non-rollercoaster rides - Turtle Trek and Wild Arctic. We really love Sea World, with or without going on roller-coasters. We got to see trainers interacting with the beluga whales last time, which was awesome. I think you'll have a great time!

The information is great....do you happen to know how old you must be to feed the dolphins? My five year old would get a kick out of it!
C
cmdrutzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:10 PM   #7
KBF
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrutzler View Post
The information is great....do you happen to know how old you must be to feed the dolphins? My five year old would get a kick out of it!
C
A five year old will be allowed to feed the dolphins.
KBF is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: