Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #136
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

The pool looks huge in those photos. I know this is supposed to be the biggest pool onsite, but it never looked particularly big to me. I love the look of the hot tub though. I have yet to actually swim at either pool at Animal Kingdom Lodge/ Villas even though we have stayed there twice. DH promised we can stay there again next year if I want so I have to try the pools if we do end up at AKL.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #137
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Well I was all caught up on all my tr's but now I'm hopelessly behind again. I was back on 11/27. I'm glad Claire like her AKL surprise. It was so pretty there I took a lot of pictures and I'm sure I missed a lot of stuff too. I agree that the deluxe have a very limited menu you would think they would have even more to choose from than the values.

Oh I almost forgot. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CLAIRE!
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #138
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

We were in the hot tub every morning at 7. It was wonderful having the place all to ourselves. The setting is so beautiful.

CMs cleaned the flamingo enclosure every morning around 7. I asked one for one of the pink feathers that were floating. I have it now!

Claire is so cute with her instructions to Mommy.:thumbsup. It's nice to have a later child, you get to have the fun all again!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #139
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

Beautiful AKL pics. Thanks for continuing to share. I know how busy we all are at this time of year and I appreciate it!
Old 12-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #140
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

Love the AKL pool pics!! That pool feels like such a peaceful place to me!! I always feel like I'm "away from it all" there!

Too funny about trying to get pics of the slide--before DS was born, I tried to get pics of DH going down that slide. Definitely not an easy task!!
StitchIsOurHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:43 PM   #141
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Love the pictures of the pool and Claire's take on zero-entry and the slide. Looks like you had the whole place to yourselves.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:04 PM   #142
MEK
DIS Veteran

Oh how I love the AKL. It is just so pretty and I love the pool. It's so tropical and relaxing. My nephew loved the slide at the AKL pool better than at the Kidani pool. Glad Claire was enjoying herself. What a wonderful way to start your trip.

I also like the Mara. I think their flatbreads and sandwiches are pretty yummy.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #143
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Love the slide photos, Jen! No wonder Claire loved it, it really looks fun. Thanks for the reminder of how wonderful the AKL really is!

I really was impressed with this place. We loved the looks and feel of it. It wasn't perfect, but we would love to come back again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Good thing you followed Claire's instructions. Otherwise, you could have been deemed a bad parent. Seriously, the pool area looks so pretty! I would love to stay at the AKL someday but I'm not sure I could talk John into staying there 'cause he's not an animal kinda guy.
I know. Sometimes I don't follow them and I get in big troube too.
I really enjoyed the animals. I am not a big animal person, but I like to look at them. I just don't like owning them as pet so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
The pool looks huge in those photos. I know this is supposed to be the biggest pool onsite, but it never looked particularly big to me. I love the look of the hot tub though. I have yet to actually swim at either pool at Animal Kingdom Lodge/ Villas even though we have stayed there twice. DH promised we can stay there again next year if I want so I have to try the pools if we do end up at AKL.

Corinna

I was amazed at how big the pool was. It looked smaller to me in pictures, but it was big. I'm not much of a swimmer either. I never got in, though thought about the hot tub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
Well I was all caught up on all my tr's but now I'm hopelessly behind again. I was back on 11/27. I'm glad Claire like her AKL surprise. It was so pretty there I took a lot of pictures and I'm sure I missed a lot of stuff too. I agree that the deluxe have a very limited menu you would think they would have even more to choose from than the values.

Oh I almost forgot. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CLAIRE!
I know I missed a lot ther too. There just wasn't enough time.

Claire thanks you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
We were in the hot tub every morning at 7. It was wonderful having the place all to ourselves. The setting is so beautiful.

CMs cleaned the flamingo enclosure every morning around 7. I asked one for one of the pink feathers that were floating. I have it now!

Claire is so cute with her instructions to Mommy.:thumbsup. It's nice to have a later child, you get to have the fun all again!

How cool. I want a feather now too. I guess I got to go back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
Beautiful AKL pics. Thanks for continuing to share. I know how busy we all are at this time of year and I appreciate it!
Thanks. I am slow, but I will eventually get it all posted. It's really ahrd working on 2 TR's at the same time. I don't know how others can do it all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchIsOurHero View Post
Love the AKL pool pics!! That pool feels like such a peaceful place to me!! I always feel like I'm "away from it all" there!

Too funny about trying to get pics of the slide--before DS was born, I tried to get pics of DH going down that slide. Definitely not an easy task!!
I know. It was not an easy task. And I am not sure what her perfect picture was in her head, but I just wasn't getting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Love the pictures of the pool and Claire's take on zero-entry and the slide. Looks like you had the whole place to yourselves.
Thanks. it was a nice day, perfect weather and not crowded at all. It was weird not heading right off to a park.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:27 PM   #144
Dizzy4DL
Dole Whip and a jalapeno pretzel? Don't mind if I do...

Wow, I am loving the pool pics.
My dd is the same way about pictures, she will even check my camera to make sure I got the "right shot".

Dizzy4DL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:31 PM   #145
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy4DL View Post
Wow, I am loving the pool pics.
My dd is the same way about pictures, she will even check my camera to make sure I got the "right shot".
Too funny. and of course there are lots of times she tells me no pictures.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:09 AM   #146
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We just loved watching the Flamingos.

Claire felt the need for a picture.

There are those guys relaxing still.

A look over at the pool.

Back at the birds.

We moved on to get another view of the Flamingos from the other side. We spotted a few pay phones.

Flamingo overload.

They look like headless Flamingos.

And we moved on a little further.

We found the other hot tub.

Getting artsy.

And pool games.

Pool games I think are more common now at all resorts than they used to be. I think up until last year, they really didnít have much going on at Values, at least not like they do now. But since we never really have taken a full resort/pool day, we have never witnessed this too much. This was all new to Claire and as the time went on, she really loved ďwatchingĒ the games.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:48 AM   #147
mauigal
Yay! For the happiest place on earth!

Loving all the pictures!!!! Just for the record.....I don't like zebra domes!
mauigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:14 AM   #148
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauigal View Post
Loving all the pictures!!!! Just for the record.....I don't like zebra domes!
Thats OK. I kniw not everyone does. We did, but they weren't that wow fabulous, best thing ever, like I heard from others.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:47 AM   #149
MEK
DIS Veteran

Not sure why I torture myself checking out your update when I can't see pictures, so all I can say is - I'll be back.

Yes - I have noticed that the pool games are quite popular.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:42 AM   #150
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I love all of the photos. I had planned to spend the afternoon at AKL the day after Thanksgiving, but I spent longer at Animal Kingdom than I had planned and by the time I got there, the sun was already going down so I did not have the chance to watch the animals.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: