Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #406
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Awesome update, Ellen!
I am in awe with the snorkelling photos ... sooooooo cool!

Sorry about the "doughnuts" not being filled - I had a look at the website and they look yummy!!!!!!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:13 PM   #407
Misskitty3
DIS Veteran

Your dive pictures arde really cool!! What a fun experience!

And...what a big box of malasadas! Sorry, they weren't filled....

Disneyland: June '13 - Hojo's.....May '12 - BWPPI..... May ’09 - Hojo’s….Oct ‘07 – Grand Californian….Nov ‘06 – Paradise Pier.…June ’04 – Disneyland Hotel.…June ‘96 Anaheim Hilton…. July ‘95 - Carousel Inn….Aug ’92 – Carousel Inn…July ’90 - Embassy Suites…July ’89 - Anaheim Hilton…May ’88 - Penny Sleeper…May ’87 - Penny Sleeper…April ’77 (?)…June ’76 - Disneyland Hotel….June ‘73 First trip ever to Disneyland!!!

WDW: July ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center.…April ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center….July ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center….April ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center
Misskitty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2012, 06:58 PM   #408
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Great update Ellen! The snorkeling photos are just awesome. What a wonderful experience for the whole family.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #409
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Turning 50 is a BIG deal, it turns out, and I have had a VERY full dance card lately- lucky me! But I think bithdaypalooza is over,
Congrats! Turning 50...I remember those youthful carefree days of yore!

Quote:
we had about a 45 minute dive and saw plenty of fish down there in the cove. Well, everyone did great except for me, that is. Kind of. I was wearing a brand new wetsuit that made me VERY buoyant- Ricardo kept throwing weights on my belt, but really I had to be pulled down under water. AND...my mask was foggy. Which is the pits. But....it was still enjoyable, and for what it's worth, when all was said and done, I had the most air left (meaning I wasn't freaking out and over breathing- I was very calm) so woohoo for me.
That is hilarious about the buoyancy, but hey, I'll gladly take that on as long as I can breathe! Remember my scuba scooter experience! GASP!!

Great pics of Shark Cove. The North Shore is fantastic. We could have spent all of our away-from-Aulani time there. DD and DSiL are leaving Friday, December 14th and they plan on spending a lot of time there. This is the time of the year they have the pro-surfing competition with the 20-30' waves!

Can't wait to see more of your TR!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:46 PM   #410
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Good for you guys doing the scuba thing! I could never ever do something like that! I can barely swim & my biggest fear is drowning!

Congratulations on being 50, wow it's been awhile since I turned 50, heck my 50th anniversary will be in 3 1/2 years. Gosh my marriage is almost as old as you are! Now I feel really old!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:42 AM   #411
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:

I LOVE this one! We're standing on the floor of the ocean- pretty cool!

Love it!

Quote:

I asked for some of each kind. The PROBLEM is that I did not say FILLED. Make SURE you say FILLED. Because ours were not. They were plain. Just different sugars or something on the outside. And we are positive of that fact because we ate the whole freakin box looking for the FILLED ones. Here is a link to their website so YOU can find them FILLED when you go- http://www.leonardshawaii.com/locations.html

We had had a glorious day on the North Shore- you MUST MUST MUST go when you visit Aulani!

Not filled!!! Ack! I would find that to be such a crushing disappointment.

On a side note, I have booked us on a DCL Fantasy Western for 8/16/14! Hoping we receive no surprises with Mike's vacation pics that year and that we actually get to go! Thinking of visiting Nachi again (or perhaps Mr. Sanchos). This one stops in Falmouth, Jamaica. Never been, so I'll have to do some research on what, if anything, the kids and my Mom could do there.
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:20 PM   #412
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Great report, you guys are having such a great time!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:05 AM   #413
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Great scuba pics! It's like you did everything on MY wish list! Now that you've tried it all out, I can get advice from you for our return visit.

You all look really good posing in the sunshine with Ricardo!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:11 PM   #414
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Another great update! We just came home from Aulani on Thursady night and I want to go back so bad.

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:35 AM   #415
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Just found your latest update. Looks like you had a great scuba experience. I went once in St Thomas about 12 years ago and it was fun but I ended up with some issues with the ear popping and re-seating the mask/suction and my mask got flooded and they had to pull me out of the water! So it started out fun and ended up with a near drowning! LOL I can laugh about it now but it was scary at the time. You were lucky to get some great pics underwater.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:05 AM   #416
Beth D
DIS Veteran

I'm glad to see I've not been the only one away from the DIS for a while...

Work's been crazy, but good! I ended up going out to LA for a week, and the time difference between there and Oh just killed me. 6 days and I never really did adjust. I don't know how I would manage in Hawaii. Oh well, more time in the ocean!

But I did manage to sneak in a visit to DCA and Disneyland one night! Didn't get to everything, but did get to see Haunted Mansion and IASW all decked out for XMAS!

Love the turtle pics, and I'm glad there weren't any sharks in the cove! I was thinking the same thing as Jen!

Happy belated 50th! You truly don't look or act it! I hit the big 40 this past spring, and that wasn't too bad. Hope it's been a fabulous one so far!
Old 12-22-2012, 09:20 AM   #417
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

love the turtles and the donuts!!!! note to self, ask for filled!!

che
Old 12-28-2012, 04:46 AM   #418
knewton64
If it is "5 o'clock somewhere," does that mean it can be 5 o'clock anywhere and all the time?

Smile I AGREe.......

make SURE those donuts ARE filled!!

Glad to see u r back -
Love the updates.

Say, gotta a Goofy ? & it's about wines.

Q: What local SO CAL wines do you suggest would go great w/seafood?
....or what wines period.

(my question is explained in more detail in posting #25 of my below listed blog, "My adventures n San Fran.....").

Whatever help you be wud b mucho mucho appreciated.

T.T.F.N.
My "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE N KEY WEST, COZUMEL & G CAYMAN DCL TRIP REPORT; JAN'12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N NEW YORK CITY" TRIP REPORT; SEPT '12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL, ROSE BOWL PARADE & COASTAL CALIFORNIA" TRIP REPORT (w/pics & video)- DEC '13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N ENGLAND, SCOTLAND & WALES" TRIP REPORT - August '14 (w/pics & video)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040
MY "ADVENTURES N DISNEYLAND, CATALINA ISLAND & OTHER ASSORTED SO CAL STUFF" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT; CHRISTMAS / NYE 2014
MY "ADVENTURES N WALT DISNEY WORLD & NASSAU BAHAMAS OVeR CHRISTMAS /NYE 2015" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT
knewton64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:50 AM   #419
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Happy birthday!

Thanks!

The scuba diving looked really cool. Pretty funny that you couldn't stay down! I guess the upside is that you can tell everyone you don't need to lose any weight. You're already too light!

I wish that were true!

I will definitely check out the North Shore. Looks beautiful. And I'm glad you got to the malasadas! I had read about them and wondered if you'd make the stop. They look delicious (even without filling).
Yea- we had to try them- even without the filling, they were hot and yummy. But I REALLY wanted the coconut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Awesome update, Ellen!
I am in awe with the snorkelling photos ... sooooooo cool!

Sorry about the "doughnuts" not being filled - I had a look at the website and they look yummy!!!!!!
They were still good- YOU would have LOVED them, being a crispy creme addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misskitty3 View Post
Your dive pictures arde really cool!! What a fun experience!

And...what a big box of malasadas! Sorry, they weren't filled....
Scuba is great- we really should get certified- but then, I don't know if I really need to go down any deeper than I already have on these little dives-

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Great update Ellen! The snorkeling photos are just awesome. What a wonderful experience for the whole family.
Thanks! It was a great experience for all of us- so relieved Tim was good with it, most of all-

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Congrats! Turning 50...I remember those youthful carefree days of yore!

OMG!!!!!! Of YORE?? How many centuries old are you??
That is hilarious about the buoyancy, but hey, I'll gladly take that on as long as I can breathe! Remember my scuba scooter experience! GASP!!

Yes- we did MUCH better than you, thank-goodness! Your experience must have been terrifying.

Great pics of Shark Cove. The North Shore is fantastic. We could have spent all of our away-from-Aulani time there. DD and DSiL are leaving Friday, December 14th and they plan on spending a lot of time there. This is the time of the year they have the pro-surfing competition with the 20-30' waves!

Can't wait to see more of your TR!
How did they like it? I would love to see those waves!!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:53 AM   #420
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great report! Love your scuba pics!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: