Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 09:54 AM   #1
bernie1661
Earning My Ears

Advantage car rental

Avoid at all Costs!!!!!! Made reservations for 2 vehicles for a family vacation in Orlando from MCO, last week, from a 2 hour wait at the counter to pick cars up, they claimed the computer were down! The car my son got was dirty, only 1/4 tank of gas, The car I got was at least full of gas. My son's car was a returned mid week, this is where the real problem started. When the car was scanned in, all of my information came up, the person at the booth could not figure out how to fix the problem. Back to the counter in the terminal. Still no help! Supervision Mike, called and explained problem to him, after some time Mike credits my account, fixes my son's account and does apologies for the problems 45 minutes later we get to head back to resort. Now we go to return my rental at end of the week, car gets scanned in, some other persons information comes up, I'm not even in the system!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!! Again the person in the booth cannot fix the problem. This time we get supervisor Biron, not as helpful as Mike. After a major argument and a rather verbal exchange I get my car returned and a credit for our aggravation. In the end avoid ADVANTAGE CAR Rental, giant pain in the ***!!!!!!!!!! By the way, owed by Hertz
bernie1661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:36 AM   #2
rlduvall
I just sit there and think "Oh, pretty colors."
Now maybe some-one will pick me first for dodgeball

I arrived in Orlando on December 1st and saw a super long line at Advantage. I was so glad I decided to pay a little more and stick with Alamo. Went straight to a car and was out of there. As for the quality of the vehicle or customer service at Advantage . . . I have no idea. Just glad I didn't have to stand in that line.

rlduvall is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #3
WeLuvTink!
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the advice! Always a good idea to have 2 car resssies!
June 1981 - Fort Wilderness/RV, December 1983 - Fort Wilderness/Cabin, Christmas 1984 - Fort Wilderness/RV, March 1989 - Fort Wilderness/Cabin, February 1991 - Off Site, March 1992 - Off Site, May 1994 - Off Site, December 1995 - Dixie Landings, March 1997 -(Disneyland) Offsite, May 2003 - Fort Wilderness/Cabin, November 2003 - Off Site/Vacation Home, August 2006 - All Star Sports, September 2007 - Pop Century, May 2008 - Off Site/Vacation Condo, September 2008 - All Star Music, August 2009 - All Star Movies, September 2010- Port Orleans Riverside, March 2011 - Off Site/Vacation Condo, September 2011 - Carribean Beach, January 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
WeLuvTink! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:50 AM   #4
Don162
Earning My Ears

We just returned and rented from Advantage week rental total $104.
We had no problems getting in or out.
But I must say I second guessed my choice but had no problems.
Don162 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: