Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 06:48 PM   #2776
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
It only took me 14 months; however, I have FINALLY posted the part of Lisa's Wish Trip where she BECAME FAMOUS at Disney!

The link to the page it is posted on is here in 7 posts because of all of the pics:
Lisa is FINALLY FAMOUS Post 3198 to 3204!
Judy, that was absolutely amazing!

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
Old 12-10-2012, 07:56 PM   #2777
kalimom6
Mouseketeer

Mini Trip Report

We got back on Saturday (12/8) and it's been non stop. Before I do a full TR I thought I would do a quick one here.
Saturday- 12/1 Got to GKTW, ate hamburgers/hot dogs at Gingerbread house and all were sleeping by the time I got back from orientation at 830!
Sunday- 12/2 Did Elsa's star, got pillows, headed the 2+ hours to the Gulf of Mexico and Siesta Key (#1 beach in USA). That was way to packed for us so we headed a few miles south. Then met my 10 year old nephew for dinner in Venice, Florida. Got back just in time for the tail end of the Candy Land game. The kids loved it.
Monday- 12/3 Got to the Ice Cream Palace for quick breakfast at 745, then went to the theater and were first in line for Mickey Mouse. He signed Elsa's mickey mouse that GKTW gave. Then Pluto signed the hand. We got to Sea World at 9. We decided not to do the dolphin feeding as they surprsed us with a meet and greet after the first dolphin show. They fed the dolphin then. We got a family picture with the dolphin jumping behind us! It was awesome! Continued....
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2012, 08:04 PM   #2778
kalimom6
Mouseketeer

Sea World- we spent all day there, we went to the last One Ocean show. We got the reserved section in front of the platform and only got a few drops wet! We all were tired, got back to GKTW, ordered Katies Kitchen, went to bed early.
Tuesday- 12/4 We ate breakfast at Gingerbread house, we got to Animal Kingdom around 1030am. We lasted only 3 hours. The kids wanted to go back to GKTW. The olders swam while the youngers napped. Went to Mayor Claytons birthday party. The kids loved it.
Wednesday- 12/5 We did the horse back riding, then went to a mall for me to do some shopping then headed to Cocoa Beach (Atlantic Coast). WE LOVED IT!! We could have stayed there all day. We had to be back at GKTW for kids night out that started at 6. We all loved it, a break for us, and the kids having organized play. Then Mayor Clayton tuck-in. They thought that was great.
Thursday- 12/6 Legoland. We got there at opening (10) and it was dead all day. No lines. The only thing that is that there isn't much shade. So we were glad it wasn't packed! Continued...
Old 12-10-2012, 08:10 PM   #2779
kalimom6
Mouseketeer

The kids loved Legoland. We headed back to GKTW and got ready for the Christmas party. We ate a big dinner, then went to see santa. The kids were pumped with their presents. We stayed for the parade then headed back to the villa for bed.
Friday- 12/7 Last day. We had planned to do Gatorland after checking out but we did a low key day at the village then headed to the airport.

We got SO MUCH stuff at the village that we filled the extra large duffel we brought and had to go buy another bag! Sea World over loaded us with souvies. Then the surprises at the village. At the airport the kids reminded us that they never bought a souvie. So we went to the Sea World store there and they picked something out.
We got stranded in Salt Lake City friday night after circling our destination airport a few times before closing the airport. Stranded without luggage with 6 kids! Fun Fun.
Well, as soon as I get all my things together I will post my trip report with pictures.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:39 PM   #2780
onceagain1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimom6 View Post
The kids loved Legoland. We headed back to GKTW and got ready for the Christmas party. We ate a big dinner, then went to see santa. The kids were pumped with their presents. We stayed for the parade then headed back to the villa for bed.
Friday- 12/7 Last day. We had planned to do Gatorland after checking out but we did a low key day at the village then headed to the airport.

We got SO MUCH stuff at the village that we filled the extra large duffel we brought and had to go buy another bag! Sea World over loaded us with souvies. Then the surprises at the village. At the airport the kids reminded us that they never bought a souvie. So we went to the Sea World store there and they picked something out.
We got stranded in Salt Lake City friday night after circling our destination airport a few times before closing the airport. Stranded without luggage with 6 kids! Fun Fun.
Well, as soon as I get all my things together I will post my trip report with pictures.
Love LOVE your mini trip report - thanks!!! We're leaving on Thursday, it's getting close for us. Sounds like GKTW is fabulous, as everyone says! We're going to SeaWorld too (along with Disney and Univeral), it sounds wonderful!!

...however, so sorry about the airport business with all the kids....I hope we don't have that happen....I'm scared!!

Chatterbox's Pre-Trip Report

December 14 - December 22, 2012
Old 12-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #2781
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimom6 View Post

Sounds like you had an awesome trip!! You got in a lot of great memories. Looking forward to your full trip report and pictures!
Old 12-10-2012, 10:07 PM   #2782
Nevada Jen
Mouseketeer

Blessed, that sounds absolutely amazing! We leave in 26 days and I hear they are trying to arrange a private audience with Mickey Mouse for my DD. I really hope they can do it. I know it will be her dream come true!

Kali, it sounds like you had an awesome trip! I can't wait to take DD to Sea World. We always skip it because the cost is just not worth it for us with DD's vision limitations. I am really hopeful that the Wish button will get her some close up access.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:56 PM   #2783
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Sarah - Glad you had such a wonderful trip, can't wait to read the full report. Sorry you got stranded at the airport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevada Jen View Post
We leave in 26 days and I hear they are trying to arrange a private audience with Mickey Mouse for my DD. I really hope they can do it. I know it will be her dream come true!

I can't wait to take DD to Sea World. We always skip it because the cost is just not worth it for us with DD's vision limitations. I am really hopeful that the Wish button will get her some close up access.
I hope DD's dream comes true, and also that she'll get the close up access at Sea World.

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
Old 12-11-2012, 07:06 AM   #2784
kalimom6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by onceagain1

Love LOVE your mini trip report - thanks!!! We're leaving on Thursday, it's getting close for us. Sounds like GKTW is fabulous, as everyone says! We're going to SeaWorld too (along with Disney and Univeral), it sounds wonderful!!

...however, so sorry about the airport business with all the kids....I hope we don't have that happen....I'm scared!!
Just make sure you pack some extra clothes in your carry on. I wish i had put an extra shirt and undies for everyone but i wanted to travel light. And we were glad it happened on the way home instead of the way there.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:01 AM   #2785
lakinbum93
Earning My Ears

Got back 4 days ago and STILL trying to get unpacked! Let me just say for those of you about to go on your trip, be prepared to be blessed beyond your wildest imagination! GKTW is an absolutely amazing place...like no other. I was in tears so many times over the week that we were there out of pure joy and happiness!
Quick run-down of our schedule:
11/26 Travel
Greeted by a GKTW volunteer...so awesome, got our rental car and headed to village. Get used to hearing "welcome home!" When we checked in at 10:30 that night we were starving and they had a sack full of food from Boston Market for us. Yum!
11-27 Breakfast @ GKTW, Nick pics, orientation then off to Animal Kingdom.
Highlight was Lion King...I was in tears during "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" We played that song at our wedding 15 years ago!
Tip: They have alot of really cool stuff in the shops from different countries. If you want to buy it, buy it when you see it because you will never see it again! Use the package pick-up so you don't have to carry it around the parks.
Then off to Hollywood Studios. Didn't get to do everything we wanted, but the main reaso we were there was for Star Tours and the Padawan Training. Kaston was chosen and was the last to fight Darth Vader before it started raining and they stopped the show. He was also chosen as a volunteer for the Animal Actors show.
Highlight was the Star Tours Ride and of course the Padawan Training.
Tip: if you have a Star Wars fan, sign up for the Padawan Training as soon as you get there. The spots fill up quick, although being GKTW they will make it work.
11/28 Breakfast at GKTW then Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. It was ALOT to do in one day and didn't get near done what we wanted. Spent WAY too much time in Harry Potter world and we aren't even HP fans. It was really cold that day. Highlight was the roller coaster that had music in the head rests!
Had dinner at GKTW and caught the end of the birthday party...SO FUN!
Tip: do NOT wear flip flops if you have bad ankles (my feet didn't hurt at all and I live in Reefs year round, but my old gymnast ankles were very unforgiving! I was in braces the rest of trip, rubbing in icy hot and ice baths and downing ibueprofen the rest of the trip!)
11/29 slept in and had a great lunch at Katies Kitchen. Hung out at the village, swam, putt-putt, pool, video games. Then went on an air boat tour and saw wild gators and bald eagle and held my first gator! Did the star and pillow, got nails done and tatoos, dinner at GKTW and then the Christmas party. SO FUN!
Highlight-seeing so much happiness and joy and dancing at the party!
Tip: Give yourself a day at the village to rest if you can.
11/30 Breakfast at GKTW then off to Epcot. We had booked an air tour with Mauiva a couple of days before and they got us in a day after we had planned but it was do worth it! Kaston and I went up first and he actually got to pilot the plane! We flew over all the parks...it was awesome! Then our daughter and the Husband's favorite park by far! It is more adult centered and he had fun tasting beer from each country!

Done at the dentist, so I will finish up later!
Old 12-11-2012, 04:09 PM   #2786
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

lakinbum93 - So glad that you had such a wonderful trip. Sorry about your ankles Hope you get unpacked soon.

Old 12-11-2012, 04:24 PM   #2787
onceagain1
Mouseketeer

Lakin, thanks for the mini update. Love reading these!! We have almost 2 days for universal but will make sure not to over do it, so as to ensure enough time for GKTW. We leave in 2 days. Currently at chatterbox's Christmas concert, waiting for it to start. I had to make sure we didn't miss her concert when booking dates for the wish. As of tonight, it will be all thoughts on wishes!!!!!

Chatterbox's Pre-Trip Report

December 14 - December 22, 2012
Old 12-11-2012, 10:28 PM   #2788
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel's momma View Post
Judy, that was absolutely amazing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevada Jen View Post
Blessed, that sounds absolutely amazing! We leave in 26 days and I hear they are trying to arrange a private audience with Mickey Mouse for my DD. I really hope they can do it. I know it will be her dream come true!
Thank you Jen and Christi! Christi, you are always so sweet to include everyone. Jen I am CERTAIN your DD will get her private meet with MM! No matter what special treats come your way, each and every wish trip is special...it truly is. When things don't go as planned, just take a deep breath and remind yourself how awesome it is to be away from all of the medical stuff. It truly WILL sustain you through many difficult days ahead. For those leaving soon...you are in for the trip of a lifetime.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:40 AM   #2789
mspols
Earning My Ears

Hello everyone

I so love reading everyone's reports... They all sound so magical. I can not believe we leave Jan 3.... And I do not have a set plan!! Any favorites for meals in the parks? I think my boys would love to go to gatorland if we get the chance. It seems there is so much to do that there won't be enough time or energy ....

Mandy
Old 12-12-2012, 07:42 AM   #2790
kalimom6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspols View Post
Hello everyone

I so love reading everyone's reports... They all sound so magical. I can not believe we leave Jan 3.... And I do not have a set plan!! Any favorites for meals in the parks? I think my boys would love to go to gatorland if we get the chance. It seems there is so much to do that there won't be enough time or energy ....

Mandy
We, on purpose, did not schedule a lot of stuff. I knew it would be too much with all 6 kids, especially our wish child. Her wish was Sea World and after that day, all she wanted was to go home. So that meant we had to change a few things. We had hoped to do Gatorland on the day we left. We didnt have to be at the airport until 4pm. But we were so exhausted and not ready to leave the village, that we just stayed there. The only thing on schedule we kept was Legoland as they were closed some of the other days.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: