Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 11:21 PM   #151
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3 View Post
I really enjoyed Fantasmic this time which is a serious change since last time I said that it didn't matter if I ever saw it again. Of course last time it was low 50s high 40s for the temperature and the misting water from the "screens" was hitting us through the whole thing. My boys were terrified and hiding under the benches most of the time. This time they sat and watched the show and the water felt so good after a hot day!

Thanks for the compliment on the pictures! We were pretty close but at an angle.

I have just a little bit more of our Disney trip but after Christmas you can read my PTR for our SURPRISE June trip!!!
YAY for a surprise trip & more PTR!

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Old 12-10-2012, 06:27 PM   #152
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

While enjoying coke and beignets until midnight (literally) on our last night at Disney, we decided that on our last day we would go to MK and allow everyone to ride just one more ride of their choice. This way we would only be riding a few rides and not trying to run around the park crazy. We decided that we would also allow the kids to play SOTMK even though by this time in our trip I really didn't like the game. (It's boring!!!)

So our favorites were.....

Dumbo - me (I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to see the new queue that was supposed to soft open on this day.)
Pirates of the Caribbean - DS10
PeopleMover - DS6
Peter Pan - DH

Real adventurous people aren't we?!?!?! lol.....

Also remember that I have the FastPasses for anything left over from earlier in the week when DS6 chickened out on Splash.

Anyways, after making our mental list of favorites, we went to sleep with visions of Cinderella's Castle in our heads!!

Awake bright and early to pack up our luggage and check out of our resort as well as drop off our luggage to ME.

At least one of us is smiling......I was trying not to cry since it was our last day.

He was super excited to be able to bring his own suitcase down.

DS10 was exhausted and hung on everything in sight.

My sweet goofballs

Posing with our favorite doorman...he is SO sweet!

We left our luggage and caught a bus to MK.

YAY!!!

As soon as we walked into the park we stumbled across a horse drawn carriage. YAY for another first!!!!

I convinced my crew to ride it down Main Street instead of walking to give us something different to do.

I think I was the only one who understood that we would get off at the castle. So they first all thought I was crazy for wanting to "waste" our time by riding it down Main Street and back. I honestly would do that too.....lol....

In the back of the carriage is my crew. This is before they realized that it was a one way trip. By the way, I had no idea that they thought we were just riding......so I'm happily taking pictures oblivious to everything around me.

Hate the way the bakery scrim messes up the Main Street picture....that right there is reason to go back.

Wow.....

SO our "ride" was over and I began to get off. My "crew" asked me what I was doing and that's when I realized that they had no clue we were riding instead of walking. Thank me now for saving your legs!

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST....
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2012, 06:28 PM   #153
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

While on the bus I received a tweet that let me know that the splash area was open in New Fantasyland. Thankful that I chose Dumbo and already at the end of Main Street, we headed straight over to New Fantasyland. Unfortunately the queue for Dumbo was not open but was supposed to open sometime around 3-4 p.m. We missed it by mere hours! (Another reason to go back)

If I had finished my TR when I was supposed to, you would have been able to see the new part before it opened BUT..... being as slow as I am, this is old news.

LOVE that the stork is bringing a baby elephant. Yes, I've seen Dumbo....it's still a neat part. Was this part on the old Dumbo? (I've never ridden it before this trip.)

Random family in an elephant....

The details are amazing....

the water feature is not as pretty during the day....

My "date" waiting on me....

Love the scenes on the sides of the ride

Yes I was camera happy but it was new and soooo pretty!

Nannia and DS6

LOVE IT!

O.k. so this may sound stupid but I thought it was SOOOO neat that they had "peanuts" embedded in the concrete. Only at Disney do you see the small details like this!!

After getting off of Dumbo we walked over to Casey Jr. Splash Area. They should have called it the "Soak area" because when the train parts went "off" whoever was standing there got completely SOAKED. We made two general observations that day. 1. My kids would probably never play in it because we wouldn't want them that wet. 2. Someone is going to fall and bust their head by running on the wet concrete. Weren't we "negative Nelly" that day?!?!? I have heard that they did eventually turn down the water so it isn't a soaking station anymore.

They were filming the splash area that morning for local news station (I think!?!).

Notice all of my pics show it with no water?? They had turned the water off while the guy was filming close ups of the props.

New this morning, the walkway between Tomorrowland and New Fantasyland was open. We decided to walk this way for something different.

As we passed

a train pulled up.

Wouldn't want to be on these tracks.......(Disney really thinks of everything!!!)

LOVE that I was able to catch the steam coming out from under the train.

With that we walked over to Tomorrowland to ride our next "Must Do". Since this day is LOADED with pictures, I will break it up over the next week or so. Hope you enjoy the scenery!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:20 PM   #154
Deesknee

Great pictures as always. I too thought of accidents while observing the wet play area. It reminded me of years ago when we took our older kids to Universal Studios. They had a Curious George wet play area. Our kids got wet & seeing as we generally go in November.... damp most of the day. We will most likely steer away from that area, just as we did with the old Donald Duck water area. But, I agree it is done very nicely, except for the water.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:00 PM   #155
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

So we walk along the path back to Tomorrowland to ride.....

I know it probably wasn't but it sure felt faster than normal on this day so most of my pictures from the ride look like....

and

and

but I did manage to get a good one

or two.

DS6 on the way down the "escalator" from the ride (What do you call that again? moving walkway or is there a technical term for it?)

After looking around we noticed that the line for Buzz was REALLY short like 5 minutes short so we couldn't resist one last ride on Buzz. However, I have to say that Buzz needs a refurb!! On this round all three of our cars had a broken something (trigger, screen, handle....). DS10's screen read 999,999 the entire time. He claims that he beat us all but we know the truth!

Getting out of Buzz we were all getting a bit hungry but no one could decide what we were hungry for. Wait......what is that?!?!?!? What are all those people crowded around?!?!?!? Really ??? Is it.....PUSH!??!?! It is!!!

We watched PUSH for about 15 minutes. Unfortunately he did not talk to us but he did talk to LOTS of other kids around us and it was VERY funny!!

After watching PUSH, we decided to grab a quick bite at Cosmic Ray's.

Here comes another first for me.....Nannia kept talking about this alien thing that would sing the whole time they were eating here last September. This was my fourth time eating here and I had NO CLUE what she was talking about. We all sit down to eat and see this.....

Yeah I had never seen this guy. I assume we always found a seat outside of this room. I thought he was cute although he could get annoying after a while I suppose but then again so could "It's a Small World". It's all about moderation right??

More super cute pictures!

Making silly faces for the camera.....don't know what DS10 was doing....they were playing some kind of pretend game show thing while we waited on the others to exit the restroom.

Leaving Cosmic Rays we see ALICE!!

She waved. My kids didn't know who she was. GEEZ....I'm a bad parent for not introducing my kids to the classics!

Seven Dwarves Mine Train Coaster

Remember these....

Yep we are about to use them!!!

For what?!?!?

Yep Peter Pan! DH loves Peter Pan. Not sure what the attraction to it is but he loves the ride and it was his pick of the day.

This pic is a good visual of the ever growing crowds. The wait was about 40 minutes for Peter Pan.

Our last ride of the trip....

A family favorite!

Here's my sweet pirate -

Remember this picture! It comes into play at the end of our day.....boy was it a doozy moment too.

Writing this TR I feel like a bad parent who loves one child more than the other but you have to know the personalities of my children. DS10 is serious and to the point. He doesn't have much patience and pictures are useless. DS6 is a character and loves to ham it up for the camera. It's not that I hate DS10. It's just that he doesn't pose for the camera as much. Next trip, I'll try to make sure it's more equal!

With that our rides at Disney were done....well, not quite. We decided to take the train back to the front so that the boys could do SOTMK a few more times before we had to leave.

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST.....
Old 12-12-2012, 08:01 PM   #156
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Did ya'll pick up our tickets?? We need a ticket to ride the train.

DS10 looking out at the crowds.

He was deep in conversation with DH about something but I can't for the life of me remember what was the big conversation. I want to say it was our plane departure time and whether we should be heading back to the hotel so we wouldn't miss our flight. Yes he is a worrywart.

While in line it began to rain while the sun was shining. Still raining while we stopped at Fantasyland.....

But thankfully by the time we arrived back at the front it had stopped.

Here are some pics of them playing SOTMK -

We slowly wandered through stores as they played. After a while, we decided we needed one last Disney snack and what other place is better for a last snack than Main Street Bakery!

Yummy Cinnamon roll!!!! I'm really not sure how I feel about Starbucks replacing Main Street Bakery. I'm not for it but then again I'm not a coffee drinker.

We had a few more minutes to waste and realized that the parade would be starting soon so we positioned ourselves right at the train station to make a quick exit after the parade and enjoyed the show!

Oh to be the Grand Marshal one day!

Love the fish bowl!!!

Jafar was clearly not happy to see us.

TweedleDee and TweedleDum LOVED the baby next to us.

I love the Tremaine sisters. Too bad they weren't on our side.

And with that the parade was over.....our time at Disney was over.....it was time to head "home" one last time before leaving.....

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST...........
Old 12-12-2012, 08:01 PM   #157
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

One last pic of Cinderella's Castle....

One last pic of the entrance....

One last pic at the hotel.....

Good-bye Port Orleans......

We headed over to the Magical Express wait area to retrieve our luggage and wait for our NOT SO Magical Express. They have a cute bunny there that they feed carrots too.

He's adorable.

After standing there for about 15 minutes, the lady looks at DS6 who is playing pirates and swinging his sword madly in the air and says, "You do know you can't bring that on the plane right?" I ask her what she is talking about and she says, "That sword. You can't bring swords on the plane." She was polite about it but it was a sad moment for DS6.

DS6 began to cry and I was trying to console him when I hear Poppa say, "Well there's nothing you can do about it. You need to go throw it away." Now yes, I do understand that rules are rules. No, I wasn't asking anyone to bend the rules for my child but he's 6 and you have to sugarcoat things a little better than that.

So I pulled DS off to the side and tell him that we are going to find a sweet boy to give his sword to. We went searching for a family that would take the sword from us. It was actually harder than I thought it would be. The first two families turned us down (I think they thought we were selling it - at least one family was foreign and spoke VERY broken English so they may not have understood). Finally we found a sweet family to give it to. DS6 dried up his eyes and told the little boy to take very good care of it and we were off back to ME.

Our ME bus was an hour late and was full when it arrived. We were able to get on the bus but not everyone who was waiting was able to get on. It was semi mass chaos. People were pleading with the driver to let them stand just so they wouldn't miss their flight. Our flight was one of the first ones so we were allowed to get on and they were told that a second bus would be there shortly. I sure hope it came. I felt very bad for the other people. We boarded and had to make DS10 and DS6 sit on our laps so that we would fit.

DS6 was exhausted from the day, the trip, the drama of the lost sword and fell right to sleep.

With that our Disney trip was over. We had an uneventful flight home and a great time staying with DH's family for the weekend.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:08 PM   #158
Deesknee

I wanted to comment on all your comments and pictures to make this TR last a little longer, but all I can think of is.... your poor son. I have one that gets completely attached to objects. She would have been so so sad. But, how sweet he could make another child happy. Yay for smart moms. And Grampas have to learn to let mom's handle things.

I love Peter Pan. It was THE ride that made me believe in the magic of Disney. Your sons not knowing Alice is funny. When my triplets were younger we ran into Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum. They didn't have a clue. It was so funny.

Well, sorry your trip had to end, but maybe we can look forward to another PTR?

Thanks for all the hard work putting this together!

Dee

Old 12-15-2012, 08:57 AM   #159
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

So I'm excited to announce that I've started a PTR for our next trip!!!!

You can find it here -

We're following Dad to work......SURPRISE!!!!

I can't wait to share all the details of our planning there!

Thank you Dee for sticking along!!!
Old 12-15-2012, 06:15 PM   #160
Deesknee

YAY! I'll be there!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: