Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #16
Duchie
"Answers are the easy part, questions raise the doubt." - J. Buffett

My niece has been wanting a corgi and she just now sent me this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD3yVwC0fjg

So cute!!!
Duchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:11 PM   #17
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

I have a 7 year old mixed breed that is suspected to be part corgi...short little knocked knee legs and long back. She might also have beagle or basset hound in her and I'd say her hound dog qualities are more prevalent than any herding qualities. She is very sweet and a bit of a couch potato. She gets car sick, hates to ride in the car and LOVES to dig. She also likes to kill small furry animals . She is not into other dogs and was quite upset when we took her to the dog park once and gets all stressed when she goes to the kennel (she does love our other dog, who is a Cairn terrier and she loves all people). She is very sensitive (to loud sounds and getting boo boos...a big baby) and will hide in her crate or under the deck a lot (she also likes to squeeze in behind our washer and dryer to hide, but we try to block that for fear she will get stuck/hurt). She hurts her back easily and her eyes look irritated a lot (all red and droopy). She does shed something fierce...especially when she's stressed. We love her, but some of her habits we could do without (digging, car sick and killing small furry animals). Oh and yes, she is very food driven and LOVES to eat. She does steal human food when she can and will sit and howl/bay/bark at a counter that has food she cannot reach (with her poor stubby legs). She also runs and bounds like a deer and will tuck that hind end in when she's running (she loves to chase our Cairn around the back yard). She also thinks she's puppy sized and will climb on our laps for some cuddles.

So, I am not sure how much of her traits/habits are corgi. Still, we love her and she's a great addition to our home (now the Cairn...).

Last edited by lovin'fl; 12-10-2012 at 02:21 PM.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2012, 04:59 PM   #18
Anne34
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoopermom View Post
My DC has had two in a row, she and I were 4-H dog instructors for years, so, if she picked that breed, they must be smart . I know that hers, at least, have the following quirks:
1)blow coat like CRAZY at certain times of the year since it's a double coated breed
2)will "herd" the kids unless taught not to (can include nipping at heels/hands)
3)not as high energy as say a border collie, but still lots of energy typical of a herding breed
4)very trainable for obedience/agility/flyball/etc
5)when they're pups, you have to be VERY careful of their joints, because of their body type, her most recent one had problems after it launched itself off the couch(I would only buy one from a reputable breeder who has xrayed both parents and can show proof of no genetic defects)
6)hers, at least, were able to be trained to stay inside one of those invisible electric fences (although the collar had to be tightened down pretty tight to get contact through all that hair)
7)very good with other dogs, but hers have had to be trained *not* to herd the chickens/ducks/bunnies

They're very kind loving dogs!

Terri
Sounds exactly like our Corgis. We have a 12 1/2 year old and a 17 month old. They are both female. The older dog was a major herder -- she took a lot of work to untrain the herding of the kids. Our puppy doesn't herd, but my kids are teens now (also the older dog herd her!!) Our older dog is quite arthritic now due to the short legs, but she really tries to keep up with the younger dog.

Yeah -- the hair is CRAZY!!! I can't believe how much and how fast it grows.

We love our Corgis (hence the second one). They are really lovable, fun dogs.
Anne34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:40 PM   #19
Minerva Mouse
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
I no longer have eyebrows. I have bushes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchie View Post
My niece has been wanting a corgi and she just now sent me this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD3yVwC0fjg

So cute!!!
Oh................. My..................... Gosh.................. that was too cute!

I just laughed and laughed and laughed Thanks for sharing.
Minerva Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: