Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #31
pattiken
Mouseketeer

cont...sorry I accidently posted that have to start new post...

moving on
DS really suprised me this trip,, very adventurous in his eating..he ordered the tuna.. he said he enjoyed this however it was a little peppery for him

DH and I both ordered the striploin..I had read alot about this and was excited however..it wasn't the best cut of meat so we were a little disappointed

Dessert however was fabulous..I told DD I would order her the Kona cone I had read about as her dessert was the kids fruit salad..very fun presentation..instead of the cone they put a waffle bowl
DH and DS both ordered there favourite banana creme brule..yummy!!

DD having fun with the umbrellas

Overall nice meal at Kona..I would eat here again..not sure if I would order the steak but just to come back for that yummy bread would be worth it.
After diner we did something that I know has a lot of contreversy here on the DIS..we pool hoped ..sorry I have to be honest..DD was dying to try there slide so I had put her bathing suit in my bag so that she could change into...

We found some nice loungers on the beach while DD swam and put our toes in sand..beautiful sunset with Magic Kingdom in the background..I really cant wait to stay here ..when DD was done we were snuggled up on the chair the wonderful CMs came over and asked the kids to have some smores..they loved this..we never made it at our resort to do this until last night
By this time it was late however I still hadnt taken DS shopping yet at the outlet mall so we headed over there as it was open until 11..We were here for a couple hours and DS found all kinds of fun tshirts and pants that we dont have in Canada so he was very happy...Ah successful non park day both kids smiling.. doesnt get any better than that..
up next day 5 and Animal Kingdom

me , DH , DS 16 , DD 11

universal studios..hard rock hotel 2012 trip report...http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3002065
7 days disney at staying at SSR...ongoing report sep 2012http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3008157
pattiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:02 AM   #32
pattiken
Mouseketeer

Day 5..Animal Kingdom Day!!
This was our best park day...everyone agreed we love this place, even though it was very very hot!
We didnt make it to rope drop however we were there probably around 930. Parking lot wasnt that bad either. DH was wonderful again and went to bag check with DD autograph bag while we went to the bathroom. Of course we needed to get some photos done.

Our first stop was Dinoland. We really took our time in this park today, enjoying all it had to offer. First ride was Dinosaur ride. Ride seemed a little scarier last time but still fun
We had to look around in the store after the ride as DS and DD had the hidden mickey book today and it was there mission to find them all. I forgot to mention when we were at the polynesian for diner the previous night the CM let family behind counter so they could look for the hidden mickeys in the pictures..they were so awesome to do that. Kids had a ball with that.
Then it was onto Primeval Whirl..way to early for me for this one..made me nauseous..

Moving out of Dinoland we made our way over to Asia, we were so excited to ride Everest as it was being built last time we were at disney. DD was a little nervous but we ushered her into the line in the Fast Past zone and she didnt even have a chance to think when we were climbing up the mountain...So great. First photopass pic we didnt know were camera was except for DH in this one

I love the lady in front rows face..so funny...Definetly loved this ride. When we were getting the photopass pic we bought a real fun frame to go along with it that the shipped to our resort which was great!!
We took couple more pics with the mountain

Then we watched the monkeys..or apes I forget ..what I loved about the CM here was there knowledge of the animals..so good
We were going to go on Kali river rapids but after that first day at universal when we were so wet, we didnt want to go through that again. I forgot ponchos so we all decided we were ok to just watch it go by..We also decided to use a snack credit and have a mickey bar...so yummy on a hot day!!! any day really the are yummy..Next up lunch at YAK and YETI..so good!!!!

me , DH , DS 16 , DD 11

universal studios..hard rock hotel 2012 trip report...http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3002065
7 days disney at staying at SSR...ongoing report sep 2012http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3008157
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2012, 07:29 AM   #33
DaddyDon
My oldest daughter said i was a hottie when i was younger
My youngest daughter thinks Im the bomb!

Love your trip reports....makes me wish i was there.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:20 AM   #34
pattiken
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyDon View Post
Love your trip reports....makes me wish i was there.
Thanks DaddyDon!! wish we were there too

me , DH , DS 16 , DD 11

Old 12-05-2012, 06:49 AM   #35
pattiken
Mouseketeer

When I last left off we were about to go to Yak and Yeti for our lunch ADR.
I really wish I had done the smart DIS thing and took trip notes..next time for sure.

On with the show....

We had a little time before our ADR so we headed over to Maharajah Jungle Treck. This was really great, we had never done this and all four of us liked it.
Some shady areas too which was great in the Animal Kingdom heat!
Komoto Dragons were very fun to watch

, birds a little crazy that they might land on you. Creepest bart were the GIANT Fruit bats...

These things were freaky..and there is no glass in window that you are watching them in too...
Tigers were beautiful too..

After this it was time for the ADR that I changed so many times and we were so glad we did..Just wish I took more food Pics..sorry guys
Loved the theming in here..you really feel like you are in Katmando or some other rest in Everest..Servers costumes authentic looking too..We ordered some tasty beverages..Since DH and my drinks were off the adult alcohol menu DD was able to use my free drink. (again no notes so I forget what we had..I do know they were refreshing though )
DH and my meals were one of the best of the trip..we both ordered the baby back ribs and they were so good!! DH still talks about them.
The dessert was fabulous..fried Wontons..and thank you DIS for this one

Great meal at Yak and Yeti and would definetly return

Up next last installment for this day we finish up at Animal Kingdom, do some resort hoping then Epcot

me , DH , DS 16 , DD 11

Old 12-06-2012, 12:52 PM   #36
stitchaholic
DIS Veteran

I'm loving your reports ( yep , i read the dark side one also ) , we are your neighbours over in Quebec .
Your reports are helping me with mouse withdrawal , where is your RCI timeshare ? I have lots of questions about it ,lol
WLV-jan 2nd,2010 , AKL july 2011 , ASMo2012 , AKV 2012 , july 2013 Universal/SW/DC
stitchaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:22 PM   #37
pattiken
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchaholic View Post
I'm loving your reports ( yep , i read the dark side one also ) , we are your neighbours over in Quebec .
Your reports are helping me with mouse withdrawal , where is your RCI timeshare ? I have lots of questions about it ,lol
Thanks for reading Hi neighbour!!
Im having withdrawal too its so hard, cant wait to go back. these reports help.

Our RCI is from Smuggs in Vermont, we have lots points because our week is march break so hopefully next year I can use the points again..The dont come up very often with RCI though..Have to check frequently and book right away..I orginally had Boardwalk then I waited to long and ended up with SSR..Im not complaining we really liked it

me , DH , DS 16 , DD 11

Old 12-10-2012, 03:11 PM   #38
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

I thought that I posted here already, but I guess I didn't! I'm following along though, great report so far! It looks like you guys had a great time!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #39
pattiken
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
I thought that I posted here already, but I guess I didn't! I'm following along though, great report so far! It looks like you guys had a great time!
Thanks for joining in
We had the best time!!!!

me , DH , DS 16 , DD 11

Old 12-11-2012, 08:30 PM   #40
pattiken
Mouseketeer

After our wonderful lunch at Yak and Yeti it was time to hit Everest again since we loved it so!!

I LOVE this picture!! My family is so funny and really got into it..DD cracks me up..she would kill me if she knew i posted that lol
After Everest we made our way over to past the tree towards Africa so we could go to Rafikis planet watch. On our way we met a fabulous CM picture taker who really took his time with us..wish I could remember his name so many fun shots..here are a few

After our photo shoot we headed over to Africa and hopped on the first train to rafiki's. We had never done this before and quite enjoyed it. You can see a bit of the behind the scenes with the animals. The kids spend some time with their hidden mickey book and the giant mural inside the building..they were able to find alot of them..of course with DH help.
Then we got in line to see Rafiki..had alot of fun with him

We walked around a bit and watched all the animal vet stuff..very interesting, then went outside to see the farm type animals. Back on the train and it was now time for the Gorillas at Pangani Forest trail. This was great, they really are amazing!! The ones by the glass were a little sleepy but the ones playing in the background were great
Loved that!!
After seeing the gorillas we hoped right onto the Kilimanjaro safari with no wait. Sat right in front. Of course our driver was great..I wont put up all the pics that you have all scene a million times..lets just say we saw lots of animals
We were getting pretty hot so we figured it was time to head out..I really wanted to do some resort hoping and then head to epcot. We also wanted to bypass the parade..so we quickly went through the tree..Oh yes we enjoyed Its a bugs life too..forgot about that..I can tell we were getting hot and tired as the pictures from here on in are no existant..dh to tired to use lol
Over all this was our best park day we really enjoyed Animal kingdom

Up next some resort hopping and epcot

me , DH , DS 16 , DD 11

Old 01-16-2013, 03:53 PM   #41
pattiken
Mouseketeer

Hello everyone, sorry I havnt finished this..life has taken over but Im back!!
Ive been trying to get into the disney mood by reading everyones great reports..there is alot of good inspiration out there...

When I last left off we were leaving animal kingdom and heading over to epcot...details are a little foggy..Im going by pictures..for sure I will write in a log next time..

We decided to for go going back to our room and park over at the Boardwalk and walk to Epcot from there..I love love love this resort and it is now #1 on our list to stay..themeing is so great, love the boardwalk..way to go Disney!!

Love this pool but DS said a little creepy with the clown..DH wandered around the health club while kids and I sat and tried to get some uummph back..we were all a little drained at this point..I had big plans to tackle Food and Wine..we will see if that actually happens

Heading into epcot the kids really wanted to exlore Future World so off we went...Then the rain hit so we hid out in Inniventions for quiet awhile..we really enjoyed the Sum of all thrills..DD and I rode once then DS and DD rode together

The rain hadnt let up yet so we ran over to spaceship earth..which was alot of fun..pics at the end of ride were great. Unfortunetly we left all of our ponchos in the room..silly me so DD and I bought one each..I hate getting wet..$15 later lol we ventered out into World Showcase,,We had 2 things on our mind food and wine for DH and I and Phineas and Ferb for kids...As we were walking in rain we went up to fist kiosk for P and F adventure and of course the were closed because of rain ..Not starting off good..

This time was really only one of the major downfalls of our trip..I was crabby, DS was crabby and DD was as well...This doesnt go over very well lol..We should have went bk to our room and napped..oh well hindsight right..
So first food kiosk was Carribean booth... I get into line and DS has total meltdown..Its raining and busy and DS is yelling at me what to get...eesh!!! Of course because of this added stress I order first alcoholic drink I see and 2 of the jerk chicken drumsticks...there was a cafufle at the cash and the CM didnt know how to ring through using our snack credits that we saved and a manager had to come over..In the end it still went to our room.. oh well
Getting out of line..I knew I had to draw family bk in and regroup to snap us out of our funk...Best plan was to send DH over to Mexico for Margaritas!!! ahhh much better.. Unfortunetly no pics here..with the rain and cranky pants we didnt take out camera...
We ventured onto the Mexican ride which was alot of fun..backed up at the end and DS was scared we would be stuck on ride..however we started moving in no time...
I know we tried a few more kiosks but I cant remember what we had...I know we loved the perogies from poland..ravioli from Italy good and cheese fondue yummy as well.
We finally picked up a communicator for kids to do P and F adventure in Norway..The kids really had a ball doing this..DH and I even had another drink while we waited..
Wandered through World Showcase and thankfully rain stopped..DS was still hungry so he used a quick service meal In Japan for some sushi..We found a nice spot near the American Adventure to watch immumnations....
I really really wished we had given the festival more of our time..I guess you cant do everything while at Disney..I need to plan a trip for just DH and I for Oct and come and do this thing right..maybe in couple years when kids are older..
Walking over to the Boardwalk we decided to take the boat which was a nice ride..We stopped to watch some of the performers and DD was picked to take part..very cute..she loved this

Then it was bk to SSR for a wonderful much needed sleep...
up next breakfast at OHanas!!!

me , DH , DS 16 , DD 11

Old 01-16-2013, 04:34 PM   #42
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

I found you! I read the updates only from the start and have to ask, because I must have missed it...HOW did you meet your FGF that gave you the Super Fast pass??? LOVE the Boardwalk pics, they look like so much fun would be had at that resort. And LOVE its proximity to Epcot! Looking forward to more. I didn't know parking at Boardwalk was an option unless you were visiting the resort. I always learn things on the DIS.

blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:20 PM   #43
pattiken
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4
I found you! I read the updates only from the start and have to ask, because I must have missed it...HOW did you meet your FGF that gave you the Super Fast pass??? LOVE the Boardwalk pics, they look like so much fun would be had at that resort. And LOVE its proximity to Epcot! Looking forward to more. I didn't know parking at Boardwalk was an option unless you were visiting the resort. I always learn things on the DIS.
Thks for reading my report .. We met him in line at universal on day 2 of trip.... Really wonderful guy who totally changed our trip. DH still keeps in touch with a text here or there. He keeps telling him when we come bk that he can set us up again with discounts
Boardwalk was great.. They let us park because we were staying at another Disney property..DH had to show ID and our parking pass from SSR... DIS is the best.. Really changed both our trips to Disney for sure

me , DH , DS 16 , DD 11

Old 01-22-2013, 10:22 AM   #44
pattiken
Mouseketeer

Goodmorning everyone..its very chilli here today so what better way to get warm then to write a trip update on Ohanas!!!

We really loved this resort this time and felt like we had been here more times this trip than any other resort. We had an ADR for 830 for Ohanas breakfast. We drove over to the Poly as we were done with the Disney buses at this point in the trip.
We were given our beeper at check in and given our leis and had our family pic taken.
We then went and sat in nice sunny area and waited to be called in

We were seated at back of restaurant and had a nice window view. Our cousin was great however I dont remember her name. She brought us over the yummy breads to start with and some good juice.
She then brought over our nice big platter of food that had the best mickey waffles..zummy sausage potatoes and fruit.

We had refills on the sausage and waffles they were so yummy.
Then the characters came our way..They were so great this trip with the kids..I was so proud of DS he really got into it and had big smiles in all the pics..

Stich was up first..what a funny character!

Then we had Lilo...

Up next was Minnie..no pic though then the star of the show..Mickey!!!

After Breakfast we were going to take the monorail over to magic kingdom but first we had to do some pin trading over at the gift shop and we had to try on some silly hats

The we headed over to the monorail..love riding this!! and went for our last day at the magic kingdom...

Up next..Morning at Magic Kingdom...

me , DH , DS 16 , DD 11

Old 02-12-2013, 12:54 PM   #45
pattiken
Mouseketeer

]Hello everyone..sorry for the long wait for the update but here we go

When I last left off we had just had a fantastic breakfast at Ohanas and were on our way to magic kingdom for the morning...our plans changed a little for this day because of the heat and i think overall exhaustion on everyone. I think we had reached our tolerance levels and needed some downtime soon..
It was a bright and sunny morning at MK..here is a beautiful pic of the castle
[/SIZE]
On our way down mainstreet I grabed some princess fastpasses because the wait was a little long and we made our way over to fantasyland...first ride was the teacups

I also noticed our new favourite princess set up in a little corner ..Merida from Brave...Love her! Her little corner was great..probably the longest line though the whole trip and we were standing in the direct sun. We were fine but there was a little boy...who clearly did not care about princesses and the mother obviously just wanted her picture..it was kinda sad the boy was loosing his mind and made things so uncomfortable...however he was not going to get us down..while in the Q the kids are aloud to shoot the bow and arrow which was fun

Another annoyance was the lady in front of us had 6 story books and 6 autograph books for the poor princess to sign..eesh
Then it was our turn..She was so great and in character..she loved DD shirt with the shamrock and her accent was great!!

Next up we had to check out the new parts of fantasyland that were open...love the circus theming!!

Because of the heat we figured it was time for splash mountain!!
We totally mastered the acting like a crazy family on the ride...

The ride actually broke down right as we were about to board..had to wait about 10 min but was ok. We had alot of fun on this ride..then we went over and rode Big thunder mountain. On our walk through frontierland we ran into Donald...

Then we zig zagged over to ride space mountain again

On our way off the ride I could tell my usually upbeat go with the flow DH was looking a little weary..and when he asked me were the beer cart was I hated to break it to him that this was a dry park......well that was eneough of MK he was done lol..it was very hot as well and I could tell everyone needed some downtime..On our way out we took some photopass pics first

Then we decided to take the boat back to our car at the Poly..nice relazing ride..

Up next..downtime at the pool and DTD

me , DH , DS 16 , DD 11

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: