Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 12:08 PM   #1
brookmey
I may live in the south, but I bleed maize and blue

Pandora bracelet, what to buy first?

DH got me a beautiful Pandora bracelet for Christmas. It's not something I've ever thought about before, so I know very little about them. He was telling me about clips and spacers and keeping the charms in 1 spot and I'm just really confused. I've searched online and the different threads here about the bracelets, but I'm still not sure where to start.

He also gave me 1 charm, but it looks pretty sad all by itself. I'd like to go buy a few more charms, but I'm not sure if I should start with charms or with clips or what. There is a Pandora store not too far from here, but I'd like to have some idea of what I'm talking about when I go there so I don't sound like a complete idiot!

Thanks!
Old 12-10-2012, 12:17 PM   #2
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookmey View Post
DH got me a beautiful Pandora bracelet for Christmas. It's not something I've ever thought about before, so I know very little about them. He was telling me about clips and spacers and keeping the charms in 1 spot and I'm just really confused. I've searched online and the different threads here about the bracelets, but I'm still not sure where to start.

He also gave me 1 charm, but it looks pretty sad all by itself. I'd like to go buy a few more charms, but I'm not sure if I should start with charms or with clips or what. There is a Pandora store not too far from here, but I'd like to have some idea of what I'm talking about when I go there so I don't sound like a complete idiot!

Thanks!
When I worked there, we always recommended a bracelet, 2 clips and one charm as a starter set.

The bracelet is divided into three sections. The 2 clips cover the threaded section where the charms screw on so they stay in the middle of the bracelet, until you have enough charms to go outside of the middle section.

If you don't have the clips, as you wear the bracelet, it will turn on your wrist, causing the charms to move around. Which some people don't mind, it's all personal preference.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2012, 12:21 PM   #3
Juliegirl1
DIS Veteran

I love my Pandora bracelet! Look online (pandora.net) - they do have a website and I think you can "build" a virtual bracelet. When I first got mine, I only had one charm too. The first thing I did was buy the little clips to hold my charm in the middle. I also bought a safety chain which drives me crazy - I see they now have one with a clip that might be better. My chain screws and is always coming loose. Now my bracelet is almost full but I bought a lot of the Chamilia Disney charms which also fit the Pandora bracelet. Have fun with your new jewelry!
Juliegirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:21 PM   #4
scrapquitler
DIS Veteran

I agree with SarahJayne...you probably would want two clips from the start. The first few charms just spun around and around and drove me nuts until I got two clips and was able to keep them corralled in the middle. Then depending on the charms you get, you might want to start buying spacers for in between them.
scrapquitler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:23 PM   #5
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

If you have a hard time opening your bracelet, use a guitar pick. You don't need to use the Pandora fancy schmancy one they sell.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #6
brookmey
I may live in the south, but I bleed maize and blue

Thank you everyone for your help! I bought a couple of clips and 2 charms and the clips really do make a difference. It's going to be fun filling it up with more charms!
Old 12-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #7
mlktwins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
When I worked there, we always recommended a bracelet, 2 clips and one charm as a starter set.
This is what I got to start for my birthday in June. I am getting another charm or 2 for Christmas. I love my bracelet :-)
mlktwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:02 PM   #8
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Well it really doesn't take long to full up, mine didn't anyway.

Only problem I have is I liked all the silver charms and the darn thing is so heavy to wear. Go for some glass beads to lighten the load.

Plus when you go beyond those 2 clips buy a stopper bead for both ends. They also have ones that have chains on them so your don't lose the bracelet if it opens. Never had that problem, for me it is hard to open. Maybe over time it will. I lost a mickey head one( it was a chamila one bead) I bought on the boat because I had to take it off at the airport to fly home. Didn't think it wouldn't go over the screw on part but they do. They will tell you you void the warrenty or something putting other beads on but Pandora does not sell Disney beads. And really what could go wrong with the bracelet.

If you are looking for ideas for the beads , try putting the coloured stones that match your family like a family ring. But really there are hundreds to choose from.
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: