Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 01:17 PM   #1
Viator80
Mouseketeer

Disney christmas surprise??

After reading another thread I realized that a lot if people are surprising their kids with a disney trip for Christmas, including me! So are you surprising the kids? And if so, how?
Viator80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:14 PM   #2
ban26ana
Mouseketeer

We are driving. We are going to tell her that we are going to visit my cousin. (Which is kind of true, we will see him on the trip.) But as we are driving into "the world," we are going to start playing "I Spy" while I videotape, so I can see their reaction when they realize where we are.
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 09:43 AM   #3
princessap
DIS Veteran

We are surprising them with the news that we are going in February....I was thinking of putting balloons in a box and then when it opens it will say on a sign "we are going to disney!
princessap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #4
teheber
CYCLING IS HOW I ROLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viator80 View Post
After reading another thread I realized that a lot if people are surprising their kids with a disney trip for Christmas, including me! So are you surprising the kids? And if so, how?
My oldest,15, knows about our Mardi Gras trip, 3 younger ones have an idea we may be going in 2013 but have no idea when, will try to keep it a surprise for as long as possible.
teheber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:20 PM   #5
katla33
Mouseketeer

We are going in February during Mardi Gras break as well. Planning to surprise the kids on Christmas morning but I still have not decided how.

katla33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:53 PM   #6
teheber
CYCLING IS HOW I ROLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by katla33 View Post
We are going in February during Mardi Gras break as well. Planning to surprise the kids on Christmas morning but I still have not decided how.
Thinking of trying to hold out on our surprise, but it is challenging. staying at poly?, We stayed there last adventure and it was fantastic!!

Old 12-09-2012, 09:24 AM   #7
Viator80
Mouseketeer

Here is the note I plan on attaching to a ballon in the box along with all the stuff I bought for our trip:
Hiya pals,
It's me, Mickey Mouse. I just heard the great news! you'll be coming to visit me at Disney world in 6 weeks! I can't wait to see you guys. I heard that you would be flying on an airplane to get here. Hot diggity dog! Cinderella wanted me to let you know that her mice will be making you an extra special breakfast to eat in the castle at her royal tables. Oh boy! I've been talking to my friends Donald, Buzz Lightyear, Woody, the Mad Hatter, Alice, and Mary Poppins and they can't wait to meet you! I hope you get to ride some of my rides too. Charlie, I think you'll really enjoy pirates of the Caribbean, the tower of terror, star tours and the haunted mansion. Isaac, I know you'll love dumbo and riding on the walt disney railroad. Don't forget to come to my very own restaurant, Chef Mickeys. I'll come by to see you when you get there! Your mom and Dad and me got together and came up with some things we thought you'd need for your trip. Gosh, I can hardly wait! Dont forget to wear your ears. See ya real soon!
Viator80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #8
Gramtotwo
Earning My Ears

Just returned from our Christmas time visit to Mickey's House. Planned for 7 months and the kids (5 and 9) had no clue until Mom and Dad woke them an hr before we had to head to the airport. It was their 2nd trip but 1st airplane ride. They were so excited. Did Mickey's Christmas Party, a sleigh/carriage ride at Fort Wilderness. Also got to see the taping of the Christmas Day parade. Ten 10 days passed so fast but we all had a great time. Hard to keep such a secret but so much fun planning and so worth it to see the shock on their faces
Gramtotwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:08 PM   #9
DisneyRegulars
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viator80
Here is the note I plan on attaching to a ballon in the box along with all the stuff I bought for our trip:
Hiya pals,
It's me, Mickey Mouse. I just heard the great news! you'll be coming to visit me at Disney world in 6 weeks! I can't wait to see you guys. I heard that you would be flying on an airplane to get here. Hot diggity dog! Cinderella wanted me to let you know that her mice will be making you an extra special breakfast to eat in the castle at her royal tables. Oh boy! I've been talking to my friends Donald, Buzz Lightyear, Woody, the Mad Hatter, Alice, and Mary Poppins and they can't wait to meet you! I hope you get to ride some of my rides too. Charlie, I think you'll really enjoy pirates of the Caribbean, the tower of terror, star tours and the haunted mansion. Isaac, I know you'll love dumbo and riding on the walt disney railroad. Don't forget to come to my very own restaurant, Chef Mickeys. I'll come by to see you when you get there! Your mom and Dad and me got together and came up with some things we thought you'd need for your trip. Gosh, I can hardly wait! Dont forget to wear your ears. See ya real soon!
I love this letter. I couldn't help but read the whole thing in Mickey's voice!

Trip report from our first DVC trip: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2864556
Plus our Anniversary Vacation: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954701
Trip report with a potty training toddler: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2987412
I survived a trip with MIL: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3040750
A Magic Kingdom Ultimate Tour Adventure http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...92&postcount=1
First trip with Magic Bands http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3170056
Post Holiday Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3201404
Non-Fancy Fanatics at VGF http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3268362
Sept '03 (All Star Sports, DH's first trip) || March '04 (Travelodge) || March '05 (Star Island) || XMAS '06 (All Star Vacation Home) || March '07 (POP, Deluxe Dining Plan) || March '09 (POP) || June '09 Disney Land || April '11 (All Star Vacation Home, DS's first trip-14m) || January '12 (OKW, first DVC trip) || July '12 (Boardwalk, Anniversary Trip) || Sept '12 (AKV) || Jan '13 (AKV) || July '13 (SSR, Anniversary Trip) || September '13 (SSR) || January '14 (Boardwalk, AKV) || May '14 (VGF and Expedition Everest Challenge)
DisneyRegulars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:14 AM   #10
holbie18
Earning My Ears

We are surprising our 4 year old and our 6.5 year old on Christmas Day. We don't go until Jan. 26. They have never been before. I went 15 years ago when I was in college, so it has been a while. My son has been wanting to go since last year when they had to do Student of the Week posters. Everyone's favorite place was Disney World. My son's was the Metro. Since last year he keeps asking when we can go....

My plan is this: After we open presents I'll bring out a box that I hid somewhere. It will be wrapped with Mickey Mouse wrapping paper (found at Hallmark). Inside will be 1 or 2 Mouse head balloons with a message attached. The message will say "Play the recordable ornament". I'm going to record a message on that ornament and change our Santa countdown ornament to a Disney World countdown. I noticed last night our recordable ornament is a picture frame too, so I might replace the picture with a picture of Mickey Mouse as well.

I'm planning on recording when they open the gift. They have NO idea. We already have a big tripped planned for Europe in the summer of 2013 so for us to do this too will be really shocking. We will only be in DW for four nights though. Still, I can't wait for the surprise and the trip. I've known since late July.
holbie18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #11
lawrenceFletcher
No longer renting points

procrastination

I quess I have been so busy, I didn't think about how to suprise the kids. Thursday before Christmas, we start with breakfast at 1900 Park fare. Doing a two or three parks hopefully some swimming @BB and a studio at AK Kidani. I will have to think of something good or perhaps I just copy one of the more interesting replies from this post.
Any suggestions?
Old 12-10-2012, 11:42 AM   #12
lucyem
DIS Veteran

We surprised our kids at Christmas one year. It was a total non event. Though looking back we realized they were clueless about what Disneyworld was. We had a little scavenger hunt and it was like pulling teeth to get them to put it together. Then they were like "oh".

This year we are surprising them again with a last minute trip. But instead of telling them we will pack up the car and start driving two days after Christmas. Planning to tell them we are going to visit grandma and see when they realize that we are not stopping. Grandma is a 3 hour drive and WDW 23 hours. Our kids tend to be a little clueless when playing their DS's in the car so it should be interesting to see when one wonders when we will get there
Old 12-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #13
3 Disney Kids
Earning My Ears

I had donald ears and goofy ears and a minnie ears bought for them with names on them.Plus some postcards. We will open the hats first then the postcards and lastly a big countdown calendar. We leave Jan. 6th and I can't wait to tell them
3 Disney Kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:59 PM   #14
teheber
CYCLING IS HOW I ROLL

Christmas surprise

Thinking about a treasure map made by our friend Mickey, leading to a treasure box with Disney tickets inside.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:23 PM   #15
erinclemmer
Earning My Ears

My daughters 9th birthday is January 16 (we also have a 6 year old daughter) and our school district is giving the kids Friday 18th and Monday the 21st MLK day off so it was the perfect time for a 4 day hopper with minimal skipping of school. We are not telling them anything until we get in the car. The kicker is they are going to school the b-day morning of the 16th with the knowledge that we are picking them up and "taking them out for lunch" as a b-day treat. I figure we will ask her where she wants to go for b-day lunch and while she is getting all set on Chick-fil-A I'll suggest we eat at The Magic Kingdom instead and then hit the road. I going to present them each with a Disney Princess sweatshirt for the day, princess nightgowns for sleeping at night and new Disney movies loaded on the iPad for watch on the drive down.

My parents and sister are joining us for the trip so I know our girls are going to have the best time and get spoiled rotten. I can't wait to hit Castle Couture for new dresses so they can dine in style at Be Our Guest!

I thought keeping the secret would be hard, but it's making the anticipation of the trip so exciting!
erinclemmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: