Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 07:31 AM   #16
lynxstch
Love that Figment!
Turkey, Clay, and my favorite all time christmas song..all on the same day..it doesn't get any better!
Learned the hard way not to store meltables in the oven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriweather View Post

I have a Mistletoe burning now and it smells so good.
Same here..I had one burning most of the nite last nite, and it definitely smells like Christmas..you could have gotten one that not enough scent was added to. Take it back, you should have no problems with a receipt. I used to live in MA near the Flagship Yankee Candle store, and the samples never seemed to smell as much as the regular ones..no idea why, but the jars always had plenty of scent

I do find though..that my wax tart yankee candle scents always seem a LOT stronger than the actually jar candles!
Old 12-10-2012, 07:38 AM   #17
mommyjam
Mouseketeer

Crossroads Candles are my absolute favorite. Their buttered maple syrup scent is amazing.
mommyjam is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2012, 08:30 AM   #18
marcyinPA
I'll never forget the strong, pungent smell of Noxema!
I was such a fashion disaster!!

There is a Dis board member, TarainPA, who works at Yankee Candle. Maybe you can PM her to get some info on what to do? I haven't seen her around much, but I know she is from my area where I live.
6/08- We're Cruisin' (NCL
Spirit) for my BIG 4-0!,
6/09- WL (celebrating my birthday with Mickey!)
,2/11- POP
marcyinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:13 AM   #19
monkeybug
I feel safer when I know where they are than I do when they're crawlin' around unknown

Have you tried Scentsy or something similar? There are some scents they make that are so strong you can perfume the whole neighborhood (blueberry cheesecake).
We are going to the Yankee candle store (we live by a big huge one that has a Christmas themed room where it "snows" indoors. Cheesy, but my kids love it) and I am going to need to smell this "man town" candle. That is the most hilarious name! I think that may need to be the white elephant gift my husband brings to his work party.
monkeybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:47 AM   #20
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by js View Post
My dh and I bought a Yankee Candle mistletoe last week and I have had it on ALL weekend and IT DOES NOT SMELL. Not only does it not smell like Mistle Toe, it just has no scent at all.

We also purchased the Cherri or something like that but I don't think it will matter since THERE IS NO SMELL.

I remembered we got the same one last year and it smelled so nice.
Could I have gotten a dud??? Just very strange.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks.
....it COULD be just a 'faulty' candle. A few years ago, I had purchased 'Macintosh Apple'. You could definitely smell an apple scent when you removed the glass top, but when I lit it - NOTHING. So, I returned it, even though it had been used and they let me exchange it for another one for free...
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:20 PM   #21
js
Good things come to those who wait
Joyful Mommy, WISHer, cruiser
Wants to see Tinkerbell fly!

Thank you all very much!
I think I have my receipt and will look for it and the next time I go to BB&B return the Yankee Candle.

To the poster that asked, I did smell the candle before I purchased and it smelled fine but nothing now. I guess I just got a faulty one???

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH!
js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #22
Jaya
DIS Veteran

If athletes get Athlete's Foot, do astronauts get Mistle Toe?
Jaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:50 PM   #23
disneymarie
Its a rumour about the donuts...
Can we play Nancy Drew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by js View Post
My dh and I bought a Yankee Candle mistletoe last week and I have had it on ALL weekend and IT DOES NOT SMELL. Not only does it not smell like Mistle Toe, it just has no scent at all.

We also purchased the Cherri or something like that but I don't think it will matter since THERE IS NO SMELL.

I remembered we got the same one last year and it smelled so nice.
Could I have gotten a dud??? Just very strange.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks.
I rought this up at our local shop, clerk mentioned they just don't make the quality they use to. I contacted Yankee Candle last Christmas when I felt the Home Sweet Home scent was non exsistant and they replaced it, still not like usual. Remember when you just opened the lid? Now, even sticking your nose in is blah.....I bought some really nice ones at KMart that last a long, time, Hershey, cherry jelly beans, Fall scents, I bought some last week buy two get two free, but for my go to, I am buying store brands.

Has anyone used Warner's to burn Yankee candles? Yea or nay on results.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: