Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 01:16 AM   #1
mom2brooke76
Proud Redhead who doesn't think that Universal is the most wonderful place on earth!

Exotic Animal Experience

I just wanted to share with everyone a neat place that I just discovered today. It's called the Exotic Animal Experience and it's located in East Orlando. If anyone is there and loves animals I would HIGHLY recommend this opportunity. It's a little place that's on a horse farm (the lady breeds Gypsy Vanner horses which are very beautiful), but the main attraction are the exotics. She has pot bellied pigs, a muntjak, kangaroos and lemurs, all of which you can feed and pet and the lemurs will literally jump on you and want to sit in your lap begging for food! She gives everyone a bag of cereal to feed them. This is such a neat, one of a kind experience. BTW, the price is $15 per person. Kind of steep, but completely worth it IMO. The website is: http://www.partnerup.net/exotic_experience.htm

Here is a picture of me with Poppi the lemur Sorry about the size of the pic!

The internet: A system of computers linked together to send garbage back and forth and spread rumors.
mom2brooke76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:25 AM   #2
Jason71
Brother to pirates and corsairs...

Cute picture. How's "Brooke"?
Jason71 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2012, 11:29 AM   #3
mom2brooke76
Proud Redhead who doesn't think that Universal is the most wonderful place on earth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason71
Cute picture. How's "Brooke"?
"Brooke" is just fine Sadly, she never wants to go and play with the lemurs again due to having an allergic reaction to them

The internet: A system of computers linked together to send garbage back and forth and spread rumors.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:34 PM   #4
Cuddlemama
Mouseketeer

Oh, tell me more about this place, please! It looks like exactly what we're hoping to find for my daughter's birthday outing the first weekend in February.

How long was your visit? Was there a time limit for your tour? Did you feel safe and as though the facility was a good place for the animals?

My daughter is turning 13 and is an avid animal enthusiast. She's a zoo and wildlife volunteer and loves to be with exotics more than anything else in the world. If this is actually a good experience, she'd be THRILLED.

~Leigh
Cuddlemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:07 PM   #5
mom2brooke76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuddlemama View Post
Oh, tell me more about this place, please! It looks like exactly what we're hoping to find for my daughter's birthday outing the first weekend in February.

How long was your visit? Was there a time limit for your tour? Did you feel safe and as though the facility was a good place for the animals?

My daughter is turning 13 and is an avid animal enthusiast. She's a zoo and wildlife volunteer and loves to be with exotics more than anything else in the world. If this is actually a good experience, she'd be THRILLED.

~Leigh

Leigh- I am a HUGE animal lover (worked for veterinarians for 12 years) and loved this place! The owner's name is Leslie and she takes such great care of her animals. She has a barn and then an area next to the barn for the exotics in a beautiful fenced area, and then her apartment is on the other side. One of the lemurs even sleeps in the bedroom with her at night! She only has a few exotics, so they're definitely spoiled. When we went she had a total of 7 Gypsy Vanner Horses, a miniature horse, miniature donkey, a "regular" horse, 2 pot bellied pigs, a chicken, 2 black and white ruffed lemurs, one ring tailed lemur (he can't be handled due to being too protective of his mom), 3 kangaroos (one baby and two adults) and a muntjac deer.

The animals are all very gentle and friendly (although the muntjac can be a little shy at times). The lemurs literally will leap ACROSS the room to land on you! I certainly wasn't expecting that and was definitely surprised! She told us that she does do birthday parties. We were there about an hour and a half, but I don't honestly know what or if there is a time limit. You'd have to call her. Her number is (407) 383-6766. Check out her facebook page. The link is: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Exoti...013499?fref=ts

Also, if you go on youtube, here is her page with lots of videos of the animals: http://www.youtube.com/user/4u2roos/featured You can see that the animals are very happy and loved! Any other questions, feel free to ask

Last edited by mom2brooke76; 12-09-2012 at 10:13 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:19 PM   #6
country-mom-of-4
Mouseketeer

OMG - that looks like SO MUCH FUN!!! We are sooooo going to have to do this when we are there in a couple of weeks!!! Thanks so much for sharing this!

Suzanne, wife and mom to Alex, 19; Cody, 18; Delaney, 10; and Zoe, 7
country-mom-of-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:16 PM   #7
mom2brooke76

Quote:
Originally Posted by country-mom-of-4
OMG - that looks like SO MUCH FUN!!! We are sooooo going to have to do this when we are there in a couple of weeks!!! Thanks so much for sharing this!
You're very welcome!