Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 07:23 AM   #1006
Disney Doll
DIS Security Matron

If you forget your dish soap in a sponge, another alternative is to just use the shampoo & a washcloth to wash out the cups etc.

I have been bringing the power strip for years. Actually, I used to bring a power strip, now I bring a power squid. I found that with some of the chargers, the plug-in part was big, so it would block the next set of holes on the strip. With the power squid, the "arms" dangle off the end of the thing, so that no matter how big the plug is, it doesn't interfere with any of the other plug holes.
It's time to put on your big girl panties and deal with it!
Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out.
There's no pill that cures stupid.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
~~In loving memory of Teddy~~1994-2007~~
Disney  Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:15 AM   #1007
gr8tdame
Enchanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Doll
If you forget your dish soap in a sponge, another alternative is to just use the shampoo & a washcloth to wash out the cups etc.

I have been bringing the power strip for years. Actually, I used to bring a power strip, now I bring a power squid. I found that with some of the chargers, the plug-in part was big, so it would block the next set of holes on the strip. With the power squid, the "arms" dangle off the end of the thing, so that no matter how big the plug is, it doesn't interfere with any of the other plug holes.
Thank you, I also bring a power strip every trip and a power squid sounds like a much better idea. One more thing I need to buy. I put a sqirt of dish soap on individual sheets of paper towels and fold and place in a Baggie. I also bring a roll of paper towels.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Nov1-15 2014 CBR, Jan 2-14 2013 POFQ, Jan 7 - Jan 17 2012 POR, Sept 28- Oct 5 2011 POR, Sept 18 -Oct 2.2010POR,Sept 18-Oct 3 2009 GF and POR,:Sept 20 -Oct 4,2008 POR ,2007 CSR,2004 GF, 2002 Hard rock,2000 POLY,1999 DTD,1998 GF, 1997 DTD, 1995 ASMU and off site,1990 GF,1989 POLY,1987 CR,1985 GF,1977 offsite,1976 offsite
gr8tdame is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 09:36 PM   #1008
fanoftigger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink15823
We pack a flat head and Phillips screw driver. When we took out 1st trip we could not open a toy truck for youngest ds . We ended up calling front desk and had to wait for mat dept. . So now I have them every trip and we have needed them again.
This!!! For a family trip in 2008, I had read this tip elsewhere. When my 5 year old nephew got a pirate ship, y
It required a screwdriver to remove the packaging. I was able to save the day. My BIL couldn't believe I had screwdrivers
fanoftigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #1009
jenjordan
Earning My Ears

this has been a great thread - thanks for all of the great ideas My family made fun of me for "overpacking" on the last trip until my daughter got scared in the Haunted Mansion when the ride got stuck in the dark and I whipped out the flashlight I brought so she would calm down. They don't make any comments about my park bag now.

My favorite park bag is the "Healthy Back Bag" - it's a one shoulder backpack with tons of pockets (inside and out).

If you are planning on using your smartphone for pictures and videos, I would suggest an app called "Dropbox". It's a cloud-type of backup system and I have it set to backup my phone photos as soon as it connects to WiFi so it doesn't eat up my data plan. Just an extra layer of protection for our memories and I can clear out my phone every night so it doesn't eat up my storage space.

I am also planning on taking down an extra battery and charger for my phone so I don't have to worry about running out of power in the middle of the day.
jenjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:24 PM   #1010
ZoZo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerBear4 View Post
I just remembered one more thing......

a pack of wire hangers. These take up much less suitcase space than plastic hangers. If you don't use them at home then you can just leave them there.
If you're staying at a Disney resort, call Mousekeeping when you arrive and they'll bring you extra hangers. They have both regular hangers and also the ones with clips (for pants and skirts).
Old 12-09-2012, 10:55 AM   #1011
akhwbj1
Earning My Ears

We leave for our trip on Jan. 2nd and I have made a huge list from this thread. Thanks so much for the ideas!
akhwbj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:42 PM   #1012
2blondeprincesses
Earning My Ears

If you are normally a healthy eater, highly recommend prilosec and tums. The dining plan can be a shock to the system
2blondeprincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:01 PM   #1013
Kaitlyn279
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneySJB View Post
I also pack ziploc bags!!

Also, one of the best tips I've ever received on these boards is regarding water. Either bring or have a case of bottled water shipped to your room. Bring frozen bottle of water with you to the parks. Right about the time they are thawing, you will need a drink and won't have to pay park prices for a bottled water. I love it that Disney lets you bring in food and drinks.
I've read somewhere that in the parks if you ask a cm at a restaurant for a cup of ice water they will give it to you with no charge rather than carrying around 4 water bottles on an average day at the parks!!!
Kaitlyn279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:15 PM   #1014
candielips
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitlyn279

I've read somewhere that in the parks if you ask a cm at a restaurant for a cup of ice water they will give it to you with no charge rather than carrying around 4 water bottles on an average day at the parks!!!
We do this ALL the time! Fresh ice cold water.
There are a lot of people who don't like the taste. But it doesn't bother us any. You can even add your own drink crystals to the fresh water.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:52 PM   #1015
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

subbing
MAKE A WISH TRIP MAY 2011
2012bella13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:54 PM   #1016
LydiaAch
Mouseketeer

Superglue, an over the door shoe organizer, scissors, and a flashlight

LydiaAch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:53 AM   #1017
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacie View Post
Actually, the first visit we made, we were given this recommendation by a CM. She said as long as it was a reuseable straw, it was fine. My autistic little girl can't use paper straws, because there is literally no straw left. she can't use the plastic straws because she chews them until they crack and swallow pieces. Her crazy straws with her Disney Toons on it goes with us everywhere. It's not some little cheap plastic straw, it's a souvenir straw. Losing the straw would be no different than losing a toy we bought at the shops. We have made 6 trips to AK and always come back with our straws.
I have a special needs child also, people should not assume anything. When we were in DW last yr, (Make A Wish Trip) I heard alot of remarks made because my child did not wait in the long lines for Meet & Greets. I would talk to a CM & show them our GAC & explain why she could not stand with the others & they would ask the next person in line if we could go ahead of them & always that person was very understanding & kind. This might not have been needed if people would stay home if they are sick, or cover thier mouths when they cough or cover their nose with something other than thier hand when they sneeze & wash their hands. But I know this will never be a perfect world where people think of what they do might affect others. Now if there was not any long lines, we did not need to ask. When we went to Animal Kingdom no said a word to us about the straws, of course we kept ours with us

Lids for the icecream is great, I will be bringing mine!! I have paid for mine, we bring all of our drinks home & I reuse the cups aleast once if not twice.

Keep the good tips coming!!
Old 12-17-2012, 03:54 PM   #1018
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

Bubble Wrap

someone mentioned bubble wrap for packing, here is a second use: ( if he/she is old enough ) give your child a small pc for them to pop while standing in line, I have seen kids & adults love doing this.

I do not have anything to add, but I got several good ideas.
If I think of anything not mentioned, I'll be back.

Old 12-29-2012, 04:48 PM   #1019
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

Whew! I read the entire thread which started back in 2010. I hope people keep up the suggestions! A few things are outdated now, for example, I found out they don't make those Purex 3 in 1 sheets anymore. I'm here researching for my first WDW trip in a year and half and this thread has been great.

Here is my tip for keeping track of all these suggestions: Everytime someone mentioned a handy product, I looked it up and pinned it on my "Handy for Travel" board. I can now go back and research these things later. And I think I'll do a test run with several of them on our next DLR trip.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:52 PM   #1020
DizDragonfly
Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I love a good poll! Errrr wait, that doesn't sound right ....
I'm just glad I'm not being stalked by the TagFairy. That could be embarrassing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBudgie View Post
A few things are outdated now, for example, I found out they don't make those Purex 3 in 1 sheets anymore.
Oh no! I love the Purex sheets! Guess I need to find an alternative now. Hope I can find a non liquid product. I don't like to fly cross country with liquids in my luggage.

Love you idea to pin products! Want to share a link to your board?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: