Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2012, 11:50 AM   #13
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmedics
Right about now I bet the Customer Service people aren't feeling the magic.

I've got a family vacation starting Friday.
I have been unable to do an online check in, our dinner reservations are a mess and the worst problem is the Airfare.

When I booked the package 4 months ago, DRC sold me Frontier Airlines for the flights. Frontier has a published fare of $80.90. Disney's total for 3 of us was $1,462. When I look online flyfrontier.com, I find that if you search for 3 tickets the price is in fact roughly $500 per ticket. When you search for an individual round trip flight, it's less than $175 per person.

I've been on the phone during the system outage since last week, trying to correct this, as it's worth just under $1,000 difference to me. Frontier Airlines is unwilling to help or change this, in spite of a published policy that if I find the airfare cheaper anywhere, they will refund the difference. WDW is unable to make it right because of their system problems.

What can I expect as a reasonable accommodation by WDW? What do the rest of you think I can ask for in compensation from WDW? I've been as nice as I can be. I've stopped for the day, each time I've felt frustration building after an hour or two on the phone for 5 sessions now.

Thoughts?

Thanks ;-)
When have you been calling? Phone reservations went up Wednesday and have only been down in small portions since then. They are already back up now.

Did they book your airfare at the price offered at the time and it has since gone down?

I personally dont see the need to request compensation if they correct the problem. If it gets corrected you havent lost anything unless I am misunderstanding your issue.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: